• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Then it's no obstacle to banning ANY weapons the government deems to be too much for us to handle.

Exactly, this is the type of comment you get when someones personal opinion shows through.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Then it's no obstacle to[STRIKE] banning [/STRIKE]taxing ANY weapons the government deems to be too much for us to handle.

FTFY banning is such a harsh word and legally the .gov can not do it to firearms without a huge legal battle and/or cultural shift. However as the current court has shown us (ie. Affordable Health Care Act) taxing they can and will do.

No need to ban a firearm.
    Just tax the firearm at the time of sale via a new special dangerous item tax. Plus impose a new yearly tax to maintain a certificate that you can handle the dangerous item. Also a tax on those "mini exploses" you and I call ammo. I think a $500 one time sale tax, a yearly $250 certificate tax per item and say a $1 ammo tax should work wonders to bring in more money as well as begin to "ban" (opps I mean tax) firearms. If those numbers are too low we can always increase them later you know.
    :rolleyes:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    FTFY banning is such a harsh word and legally the .gov can not do it to firearms without a huge legal battle and/or cultural shift. However as the current court has shown us (ie. Affordable Health Care Act) taxing they can and will do.

Just tax the firearm at the time of sale via a new special dangerous item tax. Plus impose a new yearly tax to maintain a certificate that you can handle the dangerous item. Also a tax on those "mini exploses" you and I call ammo. I think a $500 one time sale tax, a yearly $250 certificate tax per item and say a $1 ammo tax should work wonders to bring in more money as well as begin to "ban" (opps I mean tax) firearms. If those numbers are too low we can always increase them later you know.

What do you call it when they refuse to allow you to pay the tax, and charge you with a crime for not paying it?

A ban by any other name ...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Then it's no obstacle to banning ANY weapons the government deems to be too much for us to handle.

What do you call it when they refuse to allow you to pay the tax, and charge you with a crime for not paying it?

A ban by any other name ...

ssssssshhhhhhh it's not a ban. It's a tax. Remember that is what the SC said. :rolleyes:

& yes I fully understand where you are going with that line but alas the :sheep: don't care.

Oooohhh loook over there!
    It's the results of Danicing with the Stars! Also KFC has a new menu item coming out. ;)

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven

Maybe we can get together and re-enact the Boston tea party in protest to unfair taxation. Only it would be a 'gun party' and I imagine it wouldn't end very well.

We could always try to secede from the Union...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It was good enough for the founders!

"Don't tar me bro!":(

oilsandfeathers.jpg

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    We really ought to bring back tarring and feathering.

8A only prevents the government from doing it. The citizenry is free to redress grievances against government tyranny.....and their supporters.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    "Automatic"

Justice Stevens: Second Amendment is ‘no obstacle’ to banning automatic weapons.

This is down right scary and the sad thing is I really think this could happen. I'm not sure where it will go.. but just goes to show you how important elections are!

:patriot::draw:

Too bad The decision makers don't know the difference between a NFA regulated tool and a non regulated tool. So If they do Ban "Automatic" weapons will the BATFE give back their owners $200 each? But either way they will be ignoring the 2ndA. I love it when the "Educated Eliete" open their mouths and prove they do not know poo.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Too bad The decision makers don't know the difference between a NFA regulated tool and a non regulated tool. So If they do Ban "Automatic" weapons will the BATFE give back their owners $200 each? But either way they will be ignoring the 2ndA. I love it when the "Educated Eliete" open their mouths and prove they do not know poo.

After reading former Justice Stevens's commentary, he knows significantly less than poo.

Top Bottom