Kenya Mall Assault--could/will it happen here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    This can't happen here, we have mall security on motorized Segways with helmets. Do you know how fast those can go? The terrorists don't stand a chance, they will be all running and getting short of breath, while mall security be like eight feet tall doing circles around them, and raining pepper foam on their heads. We do need to add some steel plates and a gun hole on the front of them Segways though, then they'll know we mean business!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This can't happen here, we have mall security on motorized Segways with helmets. Do you know how fast those can go? The terrorists don't stand a chance, they will be all running and getting short of breath, while mall security be like eight feet tall doing circles around them, and raining pepper foam on their heads. We do need to add some steel plates and a gun hole on the front of them Segways though, then they'll know we mean business!

Don't forget....We've always got Gecko45!

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I expect this in this country at anytime :( I hope and pray we don't see it here but should it happen I pray the terrorist(s) are put down like the rabid dogs they are. P.C. and hope and goodwill should never cloud our ability to process real risks. I think terrorism is best defeated by defeating the fear through preparedness. I think we can and should learn from all these incidents.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Frankly I am surprised it has not happened here already. About a week before Christmas would be perfect for the shock factor and maximum panic. It cannot be that hard for 6 or 7 of the camel rapists to decide on a day and place, then snych their watches to run in the doors all at the same time and start emptying magazines. What worries me is that it is so simple, sooner or later a few of them will figure it out.

I never go anyplace like a mall or movie theater unarmed anymore, especially if I am with my wife and/or kids. My first requirement will be to get them to safety, then if I can do anything to help, I will. But my family has top priority over anything or anybody else.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Frankly I am surprised it has not happened here already. About a week before Christmas would be perfect for the shock factor and maximum panic. It cannot be that hard for 6 or 7 of the camel rapists to decide on a day and place, then snych their watches to run in the doors all at the same time and start emptying magazines. What worries me is that it is so simple, sooner or later a few of them will figure it out.

I never go anyplace like a mall or movie theater unarmed anymore, especially if I am with my wife and/or kids. My first requirement will be to get them to safety, then if I can do anything to help, I will. But my family has top priority over anything or anybody else.

I think that black Friday would be a more inviting target. There will be more soccer moms who are more worried about buying the latest and greatest electronic device for their snotty kids, then being worried if someone's planning on ruining her shopping trip with an attack.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    When the mall owners can completely assure me that their malls are 100% maniac and terrorist free then I will abide by their "gun free" zone rules. Until then, what they don't know I'm carrying won't hurt them.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Recently watched a series, Sleeper Cell/Sleeper Cell: American Terror. Interestingly enough, aside from the fact that it was a show, the acting and plot struck me as being very plausible. Downright chilling, in fact. I recently took a vacation from INGO for my stance on and personal belief toward certain world religions, so I will refrain from naming the obvious culprit and simply suffice it to say that "terrorists" (however one wishes to define the term, and whomever one wishes to place under this umbrella term) are most definitely at war with us and our way of life, whether or not we acknowledge ourselves or our culture as being at war with them. Until and unless certain conditions are achieved, by them, they will continue to try to achieve those goals, so long as they are alive and have funding. The lack of a terror attack at a shopping center here thus far is a good thing, absolutely. Definitely. Thankfully. Will our malls continue to be free from strife? Hopefully. But if it can happen there, why couldn't it happen here? What safeguards are here that are not present in Kenya? Civilian firearms ownership is about the sole saving grace I can see. I sincerely hope the deterrent of an armed populace is and will be sufficient. But is it?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think that black Friday would be a more inviting target. There will be more soccer moms who are more worried about buying the latest and greatest electronic device for their snotty kids, then being worried if someone's planning on ruining her shopping trip with an attack.
    I potty the fools that screw with women shoppers on Black Friday. Them *****es will kill you where you stand if you screw with their deals.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    When I heard about the Kenyan Mall, my first thought was it is a test run for a similar action in the USA.

Probably not a "test run" for the reputed organizer(s) because I think the Kenyans got them all. I'm in accord with many folks here; I avoid places where I am prevented from being armed, and carry everywhere else. If nobody starts shooting, there will be no need for anyone to know I'm armed.

I suspect The Midwest (with some exceptions) is not as enticing a venue for mass shootings because of the popularity of firearms and the absence of restrictive firearms laws. No terrorist wants to be interrupted before he makes his point, and having a couple hundred armed citizens searching for him and friends (after running out to their cars) before the police can even get there doesn't make for a splashy display. And there's always the one or two guys like us who don't play "by the rules" and are ready to "stop the violence" right now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Can it happen here? Sure.
    Will it happen here (by foreign terrorist)? Probably not.
    Why?

The object of terrorism is fear on a population and to force the .gov to change.
    Bin Laden already did that to the USA. Look at the USA pre Bin Laden attacks (The Cole, World Trade Center Bombing I, 9/11 attack) and look at it now.
    American is on a destructive path and it's freedoms/liberties stripped via the Patriot Act.
    Bin Landen may be dead but his war against the infields is winning.

More over terrorist want big targets or importance. The cole ship was a nice 'big' military target. It showed the world that the mighty beast (the USA) could be hurt with a tiny boat. One small boat took out a war ship. Look at 9/11 and the mess that made both physically and emotionally to the nation.

Would an attack on American mall's make sense at this point? Meh... what does it gain for the terrorist? Fear on the American people? OK but will it change foreign policy? Perhaps not.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Can it happen here? Sure.
    Will it happen here (by foreign terrorist)? Probably not.
    Why?

The object of terrorism is fear on a population and to force the .gov to change.
    Bin Laden already did that to the USA. Look at the USA pre Bin Laden attacks (The Cole, World Trade Center Bombing I, 9/11 attack) and look at it now.
    American is on a destructive path and it's freedoms/liberties stripped via the Patriot Act.
    Bin Landen may be dead but his war against the infields is winning.

More over terrorist want big targets or importance. The cole ship was a nice 'big' military target. It showed the world that the mighty beast (the USA) could be hurt with a tiny boat. One small boat took out a war ship. Look at 9/11 and the mess that made both physically and emotionally to the nation.

Would an attack on American mall's make sense at this point? Meh... what does it gain for the terrorist? Fear on the American people? OK but will it change foreign policy? Perhaps not.

It might be a bit far fetched but I could envision an orchestrated attack at multiple malls, each with multiple attackers, all with legally obtained "assault rifles", with "high capacity" magazines, with "armor piercing" bullets that might swing the pendulum back towards the ready acceptance of anti-gunners' wet dreams.

You do make a good point in that second paragraph. :thumbsup:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It might be a bit far fetched but I could envision an orchestrated attack at multiple malls, each with multiple attackers, all with legally obtained "assault rifles", with "high capacity" magazines, with "armor piercing" bullets that might swing the pendulum back towards the ready acceptance of anti-gunners' wet dreams.

You do make a good point in that second paragraph. :thumbsup:

I think it proves that the anti-gunners have no argument. One of the main factors this hasn't happened here is because they haven't been able to get the guns.

It's clearly not as easy to get these so called "military style assault* weapons" as they'd have us believe.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it proves that the anti-gunners have no argument. One of the main factors this hasn't happened here is because they haven't been able to get the guns.

It's clearly not as easy to get these so called "military style assaunt weapons" as they'd have us believe.

This stirs a certain level of dissonance....

Top Bottom