Kenya Mall Assault--could/will it happen here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h20addict3231

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Got mine Got yours!!? No sticker on a door is keeping me from cc ing Soft targets are the first, lowest risk, targets thats why they are hit. Wouldnt be smart to pick on a FOP would it?

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    There have been a number of mass shooting at malls before, they're a very target rich environment. The main difference between those and the kenyan situation is that our shooting have almost always been conducted by individual nutcases, not heavily armed and presumably trained groups of 10+ people. I doubt we'll get that sort of attack on US soil; its pretty hard to get a group of insane people to cooperate.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I am shocked that we have not had to deal with the suicide bombers yet. As far as mall attacks go I see no reason that it couldn't happen here in any city in the U.S.A.

Most malls in the U.S. only have old men guarding the mall to keep the mall rats in line and if there is really any problems they call for the police. I think I read on here about a gang in Indianapolis that had a shooting in one of the malls up there. We have trouble all over the country, that is why we have police. As far as real attacks go we have only had one and that was 9/11. Well there was an attack on the same place a year or so before they brought it down.

I forgot about the bombing of the race in Boston. That was bad. Still no where near what a mall bombing would do. Say at Christmas. I know we are in for more terror of this type. Just like everyone else I have no idea when or where.

Last year there was a guy that started shooting up a mall and was taken out by a off duty police man. Or he held the guy at bay and the police took him out when they got there. I don't remember how many were shot. I do know it was only one guy doing the shooting. If there had been more and trained guys it would have been very bad.

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We have. The shoe bomber was trying to commit suicide, mucked it up. Underwear bomber was trying to commit suicide, mucked it up. If I'm not mistaken, the Times Square SUV bomber was trying to commit suicide, mucked it up. All of the Islamofascists trying to pull off a suicide bombing in America manages to muck it up.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Sadly, It will be at a school again before a mall. Schools are true gun free zones backed up by law.

So only the good guys don't carry. Malls, many of us do not pay attention to those rules since they are not backed by law.

Top Bottom