• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Shouldn't be too much longer before China takes the little sh*t out behind the wood shed.

I don't understand what's taken them this long, I understand the humanitarian and strategic side but you'd think China would have the pull to edge them towards a more stable path. I don't see how Korea, as it sits now, is a good thing for the Chinese.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I don't understand what's taken them this long, I understand the humanitarian and strategic side but you'd think China would have the pull to edge then towards a more stable path. I don't see how Korea, as it sits now, is a good thing for the Chinese.

I was thinking the same thing, what's the purpose of China allowing this spoiled child free reign in their backyard?
    + Buffer between US troops and Chinese border.
    + Distraction for US as China builds their new islands and keeps its eyes on Hong Kong.
    - Excuse for US to keep a mass of military assets nearby.
    - Potential little Kim will do something stupid without permission (invade S.K. or use a nuke).
    - Forced to step into some S. storm little Kim creates.
    - Financial drain supporting this puppet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I had a more pedestrian guess along the lines of China temporarily reacting like this:

awgeez3.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    NK is a world unto its own. Really a fascinating look down the rabbit hole if you have the time.
    Lil Kim was brought up in this world, the entire country is institutionalized.
    It's not a matter of being nuts, it a matter of not having the info available to compare with the rest of the world.
    A dog doesn't know its a dog.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    NK is a world unto its own. Really a fascinating look down the rabbit hole if you have the time.
    Lil Kim was brought up in this world, the entire country is institutionalized.
    It's not a matter of being nuts, it a matter of not having the info available to compare with the rest of the world.
    A dog doesn't know its a dog.

At the time the brush-headed lunatic died, my prediction was that one of two things would happen with Little Kim, which were that either spending several years in the West would have had enough influence on him to make a positive difference when he took power or else he would be just as nutty and power-mad as dad and grandpa, with the latter actually happening. My best explanation is that it is not ignorance as he has plenty long enough to learn the alternative, but rather that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. While the DPRK is laughable on the world stage aside from occasional manifestations of its nuisance value, Little Kim is the absolute power in his little corner of the world with no accountability to anyone at any time, a sort of a battleship in a bathtub if you will. That said, I will argue that he deliberately chose his course although it is difficult to say at this point if he is charting his course or his course is charting him given the chain of evolution in the process of becoming corrupted and ultimately as mad as his father. Given the level of sadism he has demonstrated in his executions, among other indicators, I am really not sure what point he has reached regarding the question of whether he is steering the madness or it is steering him.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Killing a top military guy has not made him popular with the military. A coup would not be out of the realm of possibility.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

It's probably difficult to keep those coal powered subs going for long

North Korea is known for dropping spies/saboteurs off from mini-subs. They are difficult to detect on battery and submerged.
    However, mini subs are not very forgiving, and so they get "lost".
    It's a price people are willing to pay, when they are the ones not going in the sub, like the dear leader.

And while I like it when NorK gets a stick in the eye, being an ex-submariner I cannot cheer.
    It's a little too close to home for me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Surprised that no one has mentioned that the North Koreans won't admit the loss due to their error, but due to some American shenanigans.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Surprised that no one has mentioned that the North Koreans won't admit the loss due to their error, but due to some American shenanigans.

Admitting a loss would be admitting they are not perfect. Won't happen.
    And the great Russian navy wouldn't admit they lost a sub till everyone in the world knew.
    Then, they said they didn't need help with the rescue, even though there was ZERO chance they could effect the rescue themselves.
    Like they just hoped it would rise on it's own.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I couldn't help but notice in this linked article that there was a table of military personnel and hardware presented in such a way as to suppose parity by unit, which couldn't be further from the truth. Particularly in the cases of tanks and aircraft, the South Koreans have modern equipment that would eat the North Koreans' antiques for breakfast no matter how many of them there may be.

As for the sub, it stands in evidence of the level of quality prevalent in the DPRK, particularly regarding equipment that no one deemed 'important' has to use personally.

North Korea is known for dropping spies/saboteurs off from mini-subs. They are difficult to detect on battery and submerged.
    However, mini subs are not very forgiving, and so they get "lost".
    It's a price people are willing to pay, when they are the ones not going in the sub, like the dear leader.

And while I like it when NorK gets a stick in the eye, being an ex-submariner I cannot cheer.
    It's a little too close to home for me.

Agreed. It is extremely difficult to celebrate the deaths of a dozen or so people who were doing what they were doing as a way of eating five days a week instead of just three like everyone else. Now, if someone takes Little Kim for a ride on one of our aircraft carriers, ties his stupid ass to an anchor, and jettisons it over the Marianas Trench, I would be ready to call for a kegger and I don't even drink!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to find a clip on the end of "Hunt for Red October".
    Where the Russian Diplomat says, another one of our subs is missing.

Top Bottom