• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Its ok to disagree. But i dont think the evidence was overwhelming or else he would have been convicted.
    I never believed her story of rape at the time and I still dont.
    The problem with these accusers is even if they are proven false the person accused is forever tarnished because of the world we live in.
    Not convicted, not a rapist, period.
    A settlement isn't an admittance of guilt of a crime. He wanted to move on and I believe she got what she was out for all along.

I wish I was as perfect as the rest of all these people talking smack anout kobe and everyone else that screws up in their lives.

I would never defend a true rapist but unless you know for certain that someone is guilty of that and they have been found to be so by a jury then you cannot call them a rapist.

At the time, I was on the fence, but thought the evidence was pretty damning:

1. She immediately told a co-worker she'd been raped
    2. She went to the hospital, assented to a rape kit and called in the police first thing the next morning
    3. Multiple 1 cm (get out a ruler) tears to her private parts inconsistent with consensual sex, consistent with rape and smaller abrasions too numerous to count
    4. Her blood consistent with above abrasions on Kobe's shirt from that night
    5. Bruising on her throat and shoulders consistent with her story of being forcibly restrained
    6. Kobe lying to the police THREE times, the next day, that they only kissed, no sex
    7. Until told she had a rape kit done, then he told the exact same story she did, except it was all consensual

I thought the evidence was pretty damning, couldn't make sense of why he would do it, but was willing to wait and see what happened at trial... then this happened:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2003/10/flagrant-fouls-andrew-peyton-thomas/

His attorneys publicly named the 19 year old SIX TIMES at the probable cause hearing. Asked the cop if her injuries could be from having sex with three men in three days. The only purpose for this was to break her with public pressure and public opinion so that she would never appear at trial. It worked. Kobe got what he wished for in that first interview with the police:

According to the police report, while he was being questioned by the officers about the alleged sexual assault, Bryant said, “I should have done what Shaq does,” adding, “Shaq gives them money or buys them cars, he has already spent one million dollars.” The report added, “Kobe stated that Shaq does this to keep the girls quiet.”

So, yeah, IMO, he did it. If it had went to court, he would have went to prison. He knew it, his attorneys knew it. They publicly slut shamed a 19 year old to avoid it. And, yup, she wasn't perfect either, but she didn't deserve to be raped - no one does.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If she was raped its wrong period. But without a conviction its still hearsay. Regardless of any of this. A family is mourning a father and a daughter and a sister and a husband. If you think he was a rapist and a cheater (self admitted so yes) fine, keep it to yourself for now and off the internet. Thats all I said before.
    Just everytime someone is joyfull about something or someone is having their own moment of grieving or rejoicing, some big mouth is always pounding away on his keyboard like "nah uhh, no joy on my watch, time to pee in your cereal".
    It just gets old

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If she was raped its wrong period. But without a conviction its still hearsay. Regardless of any of this. A family is mourning a father and a daughter and a sister and a husband. If you think he was a rapist and a cheater (self admitted so yes) fine, keep it to yourself for now and off the internet. Thats all I said before.
    Just everytime someone is joyfull about something or someone is having their own moment of grieving or rejoicing, some big mouth is always pounding away on his keyboard like "nah uhh, no joy on my watch, time to pee in your cereal".
    It just gets old

Why do I have to keep it to myself when others are calling him a hero? If some people want to say he's a hero to them, that's fine. But he's no hero to me. TT, you said yourself that it's OK to disagree. How can we disagree if you don't think that those who disagree with you have a right to give their opinion?

Is it tragic that he and his daughter died? Of course. I grieve with his family and the families of the other seven victims. Was Kobe a great basketball player? Undeniably. Was he a hero? Not to me.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    It just gets old

I get it... and as I said in my first post, I didn't mean to single you out and repeat that in this, my last post on this subject.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    At the time, I was on the fence, but thought the evidence was pretty damning:

1. She immediately told a co-worker she'd been raped
    2. She went to the hospital, assented to a rape kit and called in the police first thing the next morning
    3. Multiple 1 cm (get out a ruler) tears to her private parts inconsistent with consensual sex, consistent with rape and smaller abrasions too numerous to count
    4. Her blood consistent with above abrasions on Kobe's shirt from that night
    5. Bruising on her throat and shoulders consistent with her story of being forcibly restrained
    6. Kobe lying to the police THREE times, the next day, that they only kissed, no sex
    7. Until told she had a rape kit done, then he told the exact same story she did, except it was all consensual

I thought the evidence was pretty damning, couldn't make sense of why he would do it, but was willing to wait and see what happened at trial... then this happened:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2003/10/flagrant-fouls-andrew-peyton-thomas/

His attorneys publicly named the 19 year old SIX TIMES at the probable cause hearing. Asked the cop if her injuries could be from having sex with three men in three days. The only purpose for this was to break her with public pressure and public opinion so that she would never appear at trial. It worked. Kobe got what he wished for in that first interview with the police:

So, yeah, IMO, he did it. If it had went to court, he would have went to prison. He knew it, his attorneys knew it. They publicly slut shamed a 19 year old to avoid it. And, yup, she wasn't perfect either, but she didn't deserve to be raped - no one does.

It didn't go to court, because the woman refused to testify. All I'm saying, is that a person taking anti-psychotic meds, know to be frequently sexually active, who had tried to kill themselves on two occasions, that lied to the police for no discernible reason, is going to raise issues about their credibility/mental state, and IMO create doubt. And yes Kobe also lied, but there's a reason why he did: A. he raped the girl B. he didn't want it getting out he cheated on his wife.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom