• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes. Doesnt even say it must be entered in. The entry is a CYA to prove they checked and to theoretically force the check vs the cashier telling the manager "yes, I check everyone" even when they dont.

Saying "its the law" seems to be the thing the cool kids do to shut up the ignorant masses that dare to push back. "Oh, he said its the law, so I need to stop pushing him because he didnt make the decision and it is not his decision. They have no choice, its not their fault. Its THE MAN causing the problems."

Whenever someone tells me, "it's the law" I always ask them to tell me which law they are talking about. To date, I've only had one person who was able to answer with an actual law, and she was from OSHA. Everyone else stutters and tries to bluff their way through.

For clarity, I don't challenge police officers. With them, my goal is to make the encounter as brief as possible.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    [FONT=&amp]I coulndt resist, so I replied a second time:

Let me save you the time Michael.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]https://www.in.gov/atc/isep/2384.htm[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Alcohol Laws[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The Excise Police would like you to know...[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&amp]Indiana law requires permittees and their employees to check identification of any person under the age of 40 when conducting carryout sales[/FONT][FONT=&amp]. While there is no similar ID requirement law for on-premise consumption, the Excise Police encourage requiring identification from anyone appearing under 26 years of age when making sales for on-premise consumption. Acceptable forms of identification are picture ID's, including but not limited to, a driver's license, state-issued ID card, US Government identification. REMEMBER: If you still question the age of the person you should refuse to serve them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]You are either a) misinformed, or b) told by your superiors to say this. Either way, you now have the facts and can decide what to do now.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Respectfully,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Xyz Xyz[/FONT]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Took a while, but I found it.

IC 7.1-5-10-23 Purchases for consumption off the licensed premises; proof of age
    Sec. 23. It is a Class C infraction for a permittee or an employee or agent of a permittee to recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally sell, barter, exchange, provide, or furnish another person who is or reasonably appears to be less than forty (40) years of age an alcoholic beverage for consumption off the licensed premises without first requiring the person to produce:

(1) a driver's license;

(2) an identification card issued under IC 9-24-16-1 or a similar card issued under the laws of another state or the federal government; or

(3) a government issued document;

bearing the person's photograph and birth date showing that the person is at least twenty-one (21) years of age.

As added by P.L.10-2010, SEC.12. Amended by P.L.216-2011, SEC.3; P.L.32-2019, SEC.16.

I dont see the word scan or even entered in there anywhere.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Whenever someone tells me, "it's the law" I always ask them to tell me which law they are talking about. To date, I've only had one person who was able to answer with an actual law, and she was from OSHA. Everyone else stutters and tries to bluff their way through.

For clarity, I don't challenge police officers. With them, my goal is to make the encounter as brief as possible.

Agreed. With LEO its typically Yes sir, No sir. On the side of the road is no place to argue the law. I'm speaking directly to civilians being buttheads and trying to end the argument by citing non existent law in hopes we take their statement at face value.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    next time ask for their DL. If they need to prove you are good to buy then it seems appropriate the they are legal to sell. After all, you do not want to buy from someone underage.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Bought beer at a Kroger about three days ago. I clearly don’t appear under 40, and all the checkout clerk did was ask for my birth date which she typed into her terminal. No scanning or even looking at my DL, just the single question and acceptance of my verbal answer. That didn’t seem too onerous, IMHO.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Got carded at Meijer last night (rare for me)... she typed in the DOB... never touched my ID...

Y'all shopping at the wrong place. Kroger sucks for manifold reasons.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, this is a bummer. I guess I can kind of understand where they're coming from if the credit/debit card companies charge them a percentage of the transaction amount, and it's still cheaper than an ATM, but... Oh, and I didn't even know about the $3.50 charge for cash back over $100. Most I usually get is $40 (free until this goes into effect).

https://www.wthr.com/article/kroger...VkfJwHttPwWFKYWgAiuBQDdAyFS7rFw2yEwFauIDpjsFQ

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Got carded at Meijer last night (rare for me)... she typed in the DOB... never touched my ID...
    I bought wine at Meijer this week at the self checkout. Young woman (20?) came over with her magic card and secret code number to log in. She looked at me like she was waiting for an ID, I did not reach for my wallet, she pressed the button on the screen that read "Over 40" and I completed my transaction.

They actually had a button on the alcohol screen for the employee approval that said "Over 40".

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well, this is a bummer. I guess I can kind of understand where they're coming from if the credit/debit card companies charge them a percentage of the transaction amount, and it's still cheaper than an ATM, but... Oh, and I didn't even know about the $3.50 charge for cash back over $100. Most I usually get is $40 (free until this goes into effect).

https://www.wthr.com/article/kroger...VkfJwHttPwWFKYWgAiuBQDdAyFS7rFw2yEwFauIDpjsFQ

Banks got to get their cut.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Banks got to get their cut.

Sounds like the banks already were... Kroger wanted to take some of it back (from the customers). Like I said, I can't really blame them if the banks are charging them based on the amount of the total transaction. Still kinda sucky. Don't get the ATM charge or the fee for too many ATM withdrawals (from my credit union) when I do the cash back option at Kroger or other stores.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I bought wine at Meijer this week at the self checkout. Young woman (20?) came over with her magic card and secret code number to log in. She looked at me like she was waiting for an ID, I did not reach for my wallet, she pressed the button on the screen that read "Over 40" and I completed my transaction.

They actually had a button on the alcohol screen for the employee approval that said "Over 40".

When I'm there, there is an additional button that says, "Over 40, fat, lazy, and stupid."

Top Bottom