• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I’ve seen stabbings where it looked like simple rapid punching. So it could have been a case of someone armed didn’t know what they were seeing. And unless the victim had a plain white Tee shirt this time of year I doubt there would be blood before it was over and the perp fled.

To many uncertain facts to say “well if I was there” because most folks outside someone that has been around violence that carries have zero realization of what they are seeing. It’s not always like the movies. And reading a report of “victim shot or stabbed” we have the luxury of knowing after the fact and not assessing WTF and I looking at and plan accordingly.

Just my thoughts!

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    So before you answer the question about assistance consider what you would hope for if it was you mother, wife or daughter on the receiving end of the aggression. Would you want me to walk away with the ability to stop it?
    Excellent post. I made the commitment to do everything within the law to protect myself and others. Just like I would hope someone would do for me.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County

The victim has been identified as Perla A. Nieto, 59, of Fort Wayne.

The cause of death is stab wounds to the head and the manner of death is homicide, according to the report.

Lewis reportedly walked into the store just after 11:00 a.m. and headed straight toward the victim, who was identified in court documents at Perla Nieto.

Lewis is then accused of grabbing Nieto from behind and stabbing her before pulling Nieto to the floor and continuing to stab her, according to court documents.

Lewis was previously convicted of a felony count of battery to a law enforcement officer stemming from an incident in 2017 in which he was accused of throwing a block of wood at officers who were positioned inside the Bud Meeks Justice Center

He pleaded guilty to the battery charge as part of a plea agreement that resulted in a 2-year suspended prison sentence.

Lewis violated his probation due to “failure to report” and “non-compliance with court ordered programs,” according to court records.

A judge revoked Lewis’ probation and he ultimately spent about a year in the Indiana Department of Correction before being released in 2020.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    He supposedly had an altercation earlier in the day and threatened employees then and said he would be back.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I’ve seen stabbings where it looked like simple rapid punching. So it could have been a case of someone armed didn’t know what they were seeing. And unless the victim had a plain white Tee shirt this time of year I doubt there would be blood before it was over and the perp fled.

To many uncertain facts to say “well if I was there” because most folks outside someone that has been around violence that carries have zero realization of what they are seeing. It’s not always like the movies. And reading a report of “victim shot or stabbed” we have the luxury of knowing after the fact and not assessing WTF and I looking at and plan accordingly.

Just my thoughts!
    Cmon, everybody knows with prisons being actual gun free zones there is no violence there.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Ultimately you have to make the call for yourself. What do you think would happen if Eli had just turned around and walked out of the Greenwood mall that day? What did happen in Uvalde when no one helped those children? Lots to consider.
    Fox59 reporter: "What was going through your mind when you decided to engage that mass shooter and save all those lives?"

Me: "Mass shooter? :dunno:"

I live for the day I get to drop some Dylan Klebold wannabe in front of the lego store in Castleton Square and get to troll the first hapless journo who tries to ask me about it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are a lot of factors involved.

Are you right there, seeing it all happen or did you just hear someone scream and responded from a couple isles over?

When you get there, is it a knife or is it a punch? Which one is the bad guy?

If the killer turns and runs, how many rounds do you put in them then?

What about collateral damage in a busy Kroger? What if the round that kills the bad guy also stops in a little girls head? Her mom's?

If I'm in Kroger, I'll always be armed. Prepared to help in any way possible. It's not as simple as my presence with a pistol ends all evil though.

:dunno:

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    There are a lot of factors involved.

Are you right there, seeing it all happen. Or did you just hear someone scream and respond from a couple isles over?

When you get there, is it a knife or is it a punch? Which one is the bad guy?

If the killer turns and runs, how many rounds do you put in them then?

What about collateral damage in a busy Kroger? What if the round that kills the bad guy also stops in a little girls head? Her mom's?

If I'm in Kroger, I'll always be armed. Prepared to help in any way possible. It's not as simple as my presence with a pistol ends all evil though.

:dunno:
    Then there's the fact private citizens don't have qualified immunity.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Was going to mention this the other day on one of the INGO threads, but this is a good spot to. Is it just me, or are the amount of stabbings increasing at an alarming rate under Bidont.
    Many stabbing incidents go unreported in the news as they are not firearm-related incidences!
    IMO...stabbing incidents fly 'under-the-radar' and are left unknown to the general public.

Top Bottom