Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What about the business's that just don't allow open carry and could
    care less about concealed carry.
    Company's like Starbucks, Wendy’s, Applebees, Jack in the Box, Chipotle,
    Chili's Grill & Bar and Sonic most don't have a problem with concealed carry, most but not all.
    But with the open carry crowd forcing the topic now the company's have to state a decision.

Not a argument starting here,, just a question.

I've eaten and OC'd at Applebees and Wendy's for years. No one ever said anything.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've eaten and OC'd at Applebees and Wendy's for years. No one ever said anything.

Same here. Goes for BWW too. In Indiana, let them ask me to leave. I only disarmed entering Babies 'R' Us because the wife was with me and I didn't want to upset her if I got confronted in the store. She'll come around, especially when there's two little ones to defend. The "tactical diaper bag" will become a reality.

And I'm happy to say she registered at buybuy BABY instead.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

That's interesting, say a dozen years ago I was with a few coworkers at a Applebee's and when I sat down a customer sitting behind me made a comment about me carrying a pistol in a restaurant. It was in the small of my back under a shirt. I just let it go, minutes later the manager gave me two options, put it in the car or leave.
    I started to pull out my wallet, and a coworker grabbed my hand and suggested I just put it in the car. So I did, there was 4 other Pistols at the table anyway.
    To this day, I don't do Applebee's.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    I have had no problems with Waffel House in Franklin or Shelbyville while OC'ing I think it just depends on the manager what they allow or don't.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have had no problems with Waffel House in Franklin or Shelbyville while OC'ing I think it just depends on the manager what they allow or don't.

I'm pretty sure the manager or owner must have something to do with it. Cause I haven't even seen a "No Guns" sign at the Wendys or Applebees

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Generally, I don't get asked to leave places for carrying, therefore I make no extra effort to conceal the fact that I am armed. If a chain makes some general announcement or request on Facebook but doesn't post signage, that has no impact on my natural mode of carry or patronage.

If I need to go to Chuck E. Cheese (quite rare), I'll just pull my shirt tail over it and carry on.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Generally, I don't get asked to leave places for carrying, therefore I make no extra effort to conceal the fact that I am armed. If a chain makes some general announcement or request on Facebook but doesn't post signage, that has no impact on my natural mode of carry or patronage.

If I need to go to Chuck E. Cheese (quite rare), I'll just pull my shirt tail over it and carry on.
    Does anyone really neeeed to go to Chuck E. Cheese?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    What about the business's that just don't allow open carry and could
    care less about concealed carry.
    Company's like Starbucks, Wendy’s, Applebees, Jack in the Box, Chipotle,
    Chili's Grill & Bar and Sonic most don't have a problem with concealed carry, most but not all.
    But with the open carry crowd forcing the topic now the company's have to state a decision.

Not a argument starting here,, just a question.

No one is forcing the topic. They choose to make those decisions. To ban OC is to ignore reality. "Guns make us uncomfortable, but we'd be less uncomfortable if you carried them where we can't see them."

There's no logic behind it. Only emotions. Businesses that make decisions based on emotions will not receive a dime of my money. Kroger seems to be doing quite well right now.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have to CC because of my job, so I CC all the time. I don't have a problem with people that prefer to OC, but when you get confronted and ask to leave it is part of the price you pay for your carry method.

I can enjoy my meals, coffee, movies and so on, all while continuing to carry my firearm for my safety. The restaurants can choose who they ask to leave and I can choose what business I wish to support.

For a long time I've been looking for an accurate answer to why I CC, thanks.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have to CC because of my job, so I CC all the time. I don't have a problem with people that prefer to OC, but when you get confronted and ask to leave it is part of the price you pay for your carry method.

I can enjoy my meals, coffee, movies and so on, all while continuing to carry my firearm for my safety. The restaurants can choose who they ask to leave and I can choose what business I wish to support.

So what will you do if met with a wand or metal detector? Is it okay for businesses to discriminate against OCers so long as you can get your firearm in?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Same here. Goes for BWW too. In Indiana, let them ask me to leave. I only disarmed entering Babies 'R' Us because the wife was with me and I didn't want to upset her if I got confronted in the store. She'll come around, especially when there's two little ones to defend. The "tactical diaper bag" will become a reality.

And I'm happy to say she registered at buybuy BABY instead.

When my daughter was pregnant, I found this and have it in my car for when I take my grandson places:

LA Police Gear Tactical Diaper Bag

They also have a larger version:

LA Police Gear Jumbo Tactical Diaper Bag

Hope this helps, and congrats!

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom