• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    So what will you do if met with a wand or metal detector? Is it okay for businesses to discriminate against OCers so long as you can get your firearm in?

I don't go to places that use metal detectors except for airports. If carrying on a plane I declare it and check it to my final destination.

A business has the right to make their own decision as to what their stand is on firearms. I have a choice where I spend my money. The actions of others that cause the business to react does not always affect my decision.

Everyone has a choice to how they carry. I am responsibe for my results and everyone else is responsible for theirs.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I just got a response from WH, and it appears we were only given half the story. Mr. Welch had been involved in a fight there 2 weeks earlier and had to be restrained and removed by police. He then came back 2 weeks later at 2am with the gun on his side. They asked him to place it in his vehicle and he just left. The response I received stated that it is up to each local manager to determine what is acceptable, and normally they allow CCW.

Now it's back to getting heartburn.....

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Well... Imagine that, man has a fight and next time shows up hes dressed up like big dick brannagan with a gun on his side.
    And they just ask him to leave and just put the pistol in the car and we will serve you. Kinna sheds a different light on the topic now.
    What a terrible corporation for asking a customer that has been in a fight in the restaurant and had to be removed by LE,.,, to leave and disarm himself before we serve him.
    Waffle House should be publicly shamed.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The article quotes the man as saying he carries all the time. Was he carrying in Waffle House when he got in the fight or just afterward?

Moral: Don't act like a jerk and you're more likely to have less trouble getting through life... How profound.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just got a response from WH, and it appears we were only given half the story. Mr. Welch had been involved in a fight there 2 weeks earlier and had to be restrained and removed by police. He then came back 2 weeks later at 2am with the gun on his side. They asked him to place it in his vehicle and he just left. The response I received stated that it is up to each local manager to determine what is acceptable, and normally they allow CCW.

Ahhh...the sluts and nuts defense. That kind of crap from WH disgusts me. The restaurant’s franchise owner released this statement: "For many years we have had a ‘No Firearms’ policy in place in our restaurants. We continue to believe this is the best policy for the safety of our customers and associates."

I think they tossed him because of the gun. And got caught doing it by another patron. And it got reported. And know we know their stance.

BTW...if I went to a place, got assaulted...damn right i would be going armed next time I went there. Common sense dictates that. In fact, most likely I would AVOID the place if possible.

Last edited:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Ahhh...the sluts and nuts defense. The restaurant’s franchise owner released this statement: "For many years we have had a ‘No Firearms’ policy in place in our restaurants. We continue to believe this is the best policy for the safety of our customers and associates."

I think they tossed him because of the gun. And got caught doing it by another patron. And it got reported. And know we know their stance.

BTW...if I went to a place, got assaulted...damn right i would be going armed next time I went there. Common sense dictates that. In fact, most likely I would AVOID the place if possible.

He was restrained and removed by the police. Sounds more like he was the assaulter than the assaulted. The police do not make a habit of restraining and removing innocent people.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

Ahhh...the sluts and nuts defense. The restaurant’s franchise owner released this statement: "For many years we have had a ‘No Firearms’ policy in place in our restaurants. We continue to believe this is the best policy for the safety of our customers and associates."

Jgrenier, did you miss the part where he was in a fight and had to be restrained and removed by the police ?
    I would tend to think he was and is the problem. I believe he went back armed and to his dismay a waitress told him to put old Rosco back in the car. And then we will feed you. He hasn't made a stink about it to the news, it went viral when another patron posted it online. You would think he would have told the news outlets hey, I got dragged outta here a few weeks ago by the police for fighting, but it seems he failed to mention any of that.
    That wouldn't be news worthy then.
    Well maybe it would be, AH comes back after fighting and being removed from restaurant, waitress sends him " Packing "

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The article quotes the man as saying he carries all the time. Was he carrying in Waffle House when he got in the fight or just afterward?

Moral: Don't act like a jerk and you're more likely to have less trouble getting through life... How profound.

They never said whether he was carrying the first time or not, but that he had been fighting and had to be removed by police.

It's sounds like he has some anger management issues and wants to blame others for his actions.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    What am I covering up ?
    With open carry so popular on this forum,
    I'm looking for a answer from the open carry crowd on how well it working out for them. It seems when open carry is pushed at a business's that just want to sell there wares, then it fails for the open carry crowd and then it's F them I'm never doing business with them again.
    Most company's are going to side and have sided with what's good for their business. It seems that most want all there customers to feel comfortable when doing business at there establishment. And for them its no open carry, most companys could care less if a customer CC.
    I was just looking for a reasonable answer, there's nothing more behind it.

Ahhhh. No it doesn't..

As someone who has had a business change their policy and remove their 'no guns' signage BECAUSE I was seen by an employee openly carrying there, I'd say it's working out pretty well for me.
    How many business's no gun policies have you changed by CCing there against their wishes?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The updated info that has been posted by 308jake only confirms what I said up thread. The guys actions on both visits set the stage for why the business did what they did.

How many business's no gun policies have you changed by CCing there against their wishes?

He wasn't OC'ing to get WH to change their gun policy, he was just trying to up his bully techniques to a higher level.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    As someone who has had a business change their policy and remove their 'no guns' signage BECAUSE I was seen by an employee openly carrying there, I'd say it's working out pretty well for me.

Here's my answer Sir. First I don't believe I have ever stated I CC when doing business where GFZ are posted. I'm a big believer in personal / company rights.
    I have never felt that it was up to me to change the way a local business or a corporation makes policy or decisions on its business plan or how it runs its business. Its not my company or corporation. If personally I don't agree with it, then I make a decision on if I will do business with said company. It's like stopping at McDonalds, they are a horrible anti gun corporation, but yet I'd say 8 out of 10 of us do business was with them.

As a business owner i dont allow my business decisions to be influenced by not doing business with someone because of company rules or beliefs within that company I don't agree with.
    I make the decision on if this relationship is good for my company.

But hey good on you for changing someone business rules.. What business was it please.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I would honestly like to hear this story. Please start a thread about it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just a quick question. If you owned a business, and (hypothetically) you knew that you could increase revenue 25% if you had a "no guns" sign, would you put it up?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just a quick question. If you owned a business, and (hypothetically) you knew that you could increase revenue 25% if you had a "no guns" sign, would you put it up?

Hypothetically, if I knew I could increase revenue 25% if I had a "no minorities" sign up (and if it was legal), I'd like to think I wouldnt.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Right or wrong, is it not uncommon to be tossed after such an occurrence? even when not at fault.

Based on a non biased email that you were not privy to?

Due to my own personal experiences in the tossing industry, I don't believe I ever tossed or witnessed someone being tossed for being the victim.
    Plus I can't recall a huge amount of victims needing to be restrained and removed by police.
    People make decisions with information that they are not privy to on a daily basis, hence my answer.

I would tend to think he was and is the problem

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    From the article;
    One USMC Master Sergeant commented on social media, “Why was this clown in a restaurant off base, in uniform with a sidearm? Why do army guys insist on wearing their “field” uniforms everywhere they go?”
    A response to that was, “Because they can… The bigger issue with that jackoff was that he was wearing a personal weapon in uniform. That is a serious judgement problem there.”

with the information given it seems this guy is a little loose in the head.

Top Bottom