Lame Saturday Night Activities: How Bad Is It?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This was my Saturday night -
    Big adventure Yesterday-
    The wife found a sectional couch she wanted, An hour and a half away in Ft. Wayne. I get my brother and a borrowed trailer and we head out.
    In between Plymouth and Warsaw we blow a trailer tire. Good thing the wife is following us in the car. Head to Plymouth with the trailer rim. 2 tire shops are closed, Walmart doesn't have one, TSC has one on a rim for $130, back on the road.
    Drive to Ft. Wayne and load up the couch. Heading home about a mile away from where the first tire blew, the second one goes. My wife is still in Warsaw, she stopped to get KFC for when we get home. She runs to the TSC there. No tire. TSC to their credit calls Big R for her to see if they have one. They do and set it out by the register for her to pic up.
    Our 4 hr adventure turned into a 7 hr nightmare

Yeah but I bet she saved $50 on that couch!!:rockwoot::laugh:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Watched 3 Resident Evil movies and had popcorn. I had a 16oz Mountain Dew, and enjoyed my midnight shift. Yawn........ till 0500 am.

Hello and welcome to INGO. Your handle is familiar, forget you password and create a new account?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have you on speed dial for when I need help!

Freeman is here to lay down the law . . . the Law of Cosines! Yeah, all for Kirk.

Rhino: "Kirk, I'm stuck on number 7."

Kirk: "Did you forget Simpson's Rule?"

Rhino: "No, Kirk, this has nothing to do with integrals, you are just saying random terms from mathematics to make yourself seem smart."

Kirk: "See, you are learning already."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Freeman is here to lay down the law . . . the Law of Cosines! Yeah, all for Kirk.

Rhino: "Kirk, I'm stuck on number 7."

Kirk: "Did you forget Simpson's Rule?"

Rhino: "No, Kirk, this has nothing to do with integrals, you are just saying random terms from mathematics to make yourself seem smart."

Kirk: "See, you are learning already."

That's same dream I had! GET OUT OF MY HEAD, WITCH!!!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sheldon and Rhino say no.

Has anybody body ever seen Sheldon and Rhino in a the same room. Asking for a friend.

I'm more of the Howard Wolowitz type since I only have an MS and no PhD and it's only in mechanical engineering and not something worthy of note like physics. I, like Howard, amount to not much more than a poorly trained chimpanzee. Howard would, of course, be the dwarf chimpanzee version, whereas I am the extra huge economy chimp.

I did, however, know people pretty much exactly like Sheldon when I was an undergrad and at least one that makes the character of Sheldon seem a little slow. The same goes for the entire cast of "Revenge of the Nerds." When I left the theater, I enjoyed the movie, but I didn't understand why the characters seemed so hilarious to the movie crowd. To me they were regular classmates.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm more of the Howard Wolowitz type since I only have an MS and no PhD and it's only in mechanical engineering and not something worthy of note like physics. I, like Howard, amount to not much more than a poorly trained chimpanzee. Howard would, of course, be the dwarf chimpanzee version, whereas I am the extra huge economy chimp.
    I did, however, know people pretty much exactly like Sheldon when I was an undergrad and at least one that makes the character of Sheldon seem a little slow. The same goes for the entire cast of "Revenge of the Nerds." When I left the theater, I enjoyed the movie, but I didn't understand why the characters seemed so hilarious to the movie crowd. To me they were regular classmates.

1. rhino, that was some of the funniest dry humor dialogues I have ever read! :rofl:

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1. rhino, that was some of the funniest dry humor dialogue I have ever read! :rofl:

maxresdefault.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

During my early years (13 to be exact) in the USAF I worked in Supply. We used to say that people with high school diplomas had to dumb stuff down for the people with Masters degrees since they had no idea what we did or how things actually worked in that career field. Fast forward nearly 20 year and I'm a Management Analyst with an MBA and a graduate-level certification in Healthcare Analytics. I dumb stuff down for Doctors all the time.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    During my early years (13 to be exact) in the USAF I worked in Supply. We used to say that people with high school diplomas had to dumb stuff down for the people with Masters degrees since they had no idea what we did or how things actually worked in that career field. Fast forward nearly 20 year and I'm a Management Analyst with an MBA and a graduate-level certification in Healthcare Analytics. I dumb stuff down for Doctors all the time.
    Sometimes, education doesn't make people smarter.

I dont know what you're doing, but my clipboard says you're doing it wrong.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Happy to be retired and happy to be working part time.

Last night the gardener and I enjoyed sitting outside watching it get dark in the woods.

That would have been boring 50 years ago, but time changes perspective.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Happy to be retired and happy to be working part time.

Last night the gardener and I enjoyed sitting outside watching it get dark in the woods.

That would have been boring 50 years ago, but time changes perspective.

We like to sit in the backyard and marvel at how quiet it gets after dark out here in our neck of the woods. It is amazing how much easier life is once you figure out what the priorities really are.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sometimes, education doesn't make people smarter.

I don't know what you're doing, but my clipboard says you're doing it wrong.

Education does not equal intelligence.

A lot of people like to say they have X number of years experience therefore they should get a raise or what not...when they really have say 6 months of experience a dozen times.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's not Saturday night, but I'm about to leave for my appointment to take my midterm exam. So far I have a 100% on all of the assignments and quizzes. I'd like to maintain that, but if I don't I won't cry. Too much. Well, yeah, I probably will. Big baby.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It's not Saturday night, but I'm about to leave for my appointment to take my midterm exam. So far I have a 100% on all of the assignments and quizzes. I'd like to maintain that, but if I don't I won't cry. Too much. Well, yeah, I probably will. Big baby.

Try to resist the urge to show your classmates how you can do a squat now. :twocents:

Top Bottom