Lame Saturday Night Activities: How Bad Is It?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm also unsure at this juncture why I am doing this. I am now in my busy season for my "real" job, the two Ivy Tech online classes I teach are starting, I'm working on a complicated Medicaid application for my mother, and I really need to start practicing my gun handling and shooting skills again. And exercise. I also need to take my trip to North Dakota to get a non-resident carry permit. I'm not sure where I'm going to wedge taking the class into all of that.

Be careful! If you start overcrowding your life, your schoolwork may suffer. You barely got by with that 96.93% in the last class. The next thing you know you’ll slip down to a 95%, and we can’t have that.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Be careful! If you start overcrowding your life, your schoolwork may suffer. You barely got by with that 96.93% in the last class. The next thing you know you’ll slip down to a 95%, and we can’t have that.

Hey! That was my final exam score. Semester score was 98.75%.

STOP TRYING TO CHEAT ME, HATER!

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Rhino,

I think you can just buy the Mathlab code, and not the whole book. I think I used that site as well when I went back, and if you bought the book used the code would already be used, so you could get just the code. I think. Maybe this will still make sense in the morning after a bit of sleep.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This Saturday night, I WASN'T in intensive care.

So, I think that means I've gotten less lame?

Correct! And welcome home!

I played WoW with the wife and the oldest boy.
    50 yr old guy playing WoW

Playing with your family at age 50 is way, way less lame than playing without your family at age 50. WAY!

Rhino,

I think you can just buy the Mathlab code, and not the whole book. I think I used that site as well when I went back, and if you bought the book used the code would already be used, so you could get just the code. I think. Maybe this will still make sense in the morning after a bit of sleep.

You are correct, and after some time online with Pearson Ed support, I learned that MATH212 definitely uses a different edition of the textbook than what was sold to me in June. So what should have carried me through this second half of a two semester set is now useless. I had to buy a new online access. It was less than buying a new book and access code, but it's still irritating. It wasn't money I was prepared to need.

The Saturday the wife left me unsupervised. I got drunk and painted my toe nails because she told me I wouldn’t. Sigh.....

:wrongdoor:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    HOLY CRAP!

I've been doing my Calculus II homework since about 9:30 this morning (it's almost 11 PM now), with breaks only for the bathroom and to have snacks (I INGOd during snack time). I made a huge error: I violated my own policy of always completing at least part of my assignments every day. I did a discussion board and the "intro to the system" homework earlier in the week, but I didn't start on the actual homework until late last night. Big mistake! I grossly underestimated the amount of time it would take me to complete all four homework sets that are due tonight at 11:59 PM.

I had an unusually stressful week, so I decided I could take it easy until the weekend, with the intent of getting most of it done on Saturday morning. Needless to say, I convinced myself that doing nothing all day yesterday was a super good idea. My brain is toast now.

This week I am back to working on the assignments every day for a few hours.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So here's what I did Saturday night.

We had a youth vs. old person wiffle ball game at my church whereat the proceeds from the concessions would benefit Operation Christmas Child.

That's not lame. This is lame:

I'm still sore....from a wiffle ball game.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So here's what I did Saturday night.

We had a youth vs. old person wiffle ball game at my church whereat the proceeds from the concessions would benefit Operation Christmas Child.

That's not lame. This is lame:

I'm still sore....from a wiffle ball game.

If you're still sore, think how the old people feel! :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm sore just thinking about playing wiffle ball. I now I'm afraid of being beaten to death with a wiffle ball bat by some old guy.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma!
    Tu pure, o Principessa
    Nella tua fredda stanza
    Guardi le stelle che tremano
    D'amore e di speranza!
    Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me
    Il nome mio nessun saprà!
    No, no, sulla tua bocca lo dirò
    Quando la luce splenderà!
    Ed il mio bacio scioglierà
    Il silenzio che ti fa mia!
    ll nome suo nessun saprà
    E noi dovrem, ahimè! Morir! Morir!
    Dilegua, o notte! Tramontate, stelle!
    Tramontate, stelle! All'alba vincerò!
    Vincerò! Vincerò!

-- Giacomo Puccini
    I can hear Luciano Pavarotti singing this aria at the Baths of Caracalla outside of Rome, Italy when I close my eyes. Wow, just WOW when I hear that voice sing one of the all time greatest arias in all of opera.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can hear Luciano Pavarotti singing this aria at the Baths of Caracalla outside of Rome, Italy when I close my eyes. Wow, just WOW when I hear that voice sing one of the all time greatest arias in all of opera.

He was a treasure whose talents will continue to touch people as long as the recordings live. I can listen to multiple versions of his performance on youtube back to back and not get tired of it.

It's sad that he was taken too soon by pancreatic cancer.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Hey! That was my final exam score. Semester score was 98.75%.

STOP TRYING TO CHEAT ME, HATER!

My wife has been taking some classes the last couple years. She comes home all pi$$ed with her 97, 98.5, 99% scores.

Like I always tell her, in the most condescending voice I can muster, delivered after an unnecessarily long sigh...

Well, if it's the best you can do.:rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With school in session we have a limited number of nights for the terrorists (avatar) and their 11 year old sister. In this w have a sleep over on Saturday night with the 3 of them. It is :popcorn: and a movie time for us. Especially as the fall/winter months close in. They pick the movie. I put up the air mattress and they make the :popcorn:........Lame...maybe but this is a special time with them. Well worth the time spent. Before I know it this will not be the activity of choice on a Saturday night anymore.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My wife has been taking some classes the last couple years. She comes home all pi$$ed with her 97, 98.5, 99% scores.

Like I always tell her, in the most condescending voice I can muster, delivered after an unnecessarily long sigh...

Well, if it's the best you can do.:rolleyes:

My dad used to do the same thing, even when I got 100%. He would ask, "Can't you do any better than that?" I was in college before I realized he was teasing me!

And the next time she does it, tell her she is irritating rhino (who is clearly a hypocrite). :ingo:

With school in session we have a limited number of nights for the terrorists (avatar) and their 11 year old sister. In this w have a sleep over on Saturday night with the 3 of them. It is :popcorn: and a movie time for us. Especially as the fall/winter months close in. They pick the movie. I put up the air mattress and they make the :popcorn:........Lame...maybe but this is a special time with them. Well worth the time spent. Before I know it this will not be the activity of choice on a Saturday night anymore.

Sir, that is not lame! That is in the "awesome" category!

Top Bottom