• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I experienced the same from our former C.O., the doubt anyway, regarding my wife's mountain lion sighting......

"Yeah...It was probably a bobcat or miss identification..."

"I've known you your entire life...I just think you all should be aware of it..."
    Experts are ESPECIALLY prone to blindly dismissing amateur sightings. They seem to take the attitude "This is my area of expertise. I know (based on only prior data that is prone to change) that X doesn't exist and hasn't existed for Y years. So you are obviously wrong. Trust me I'm the expert and I know more than you. " They fail to accept that prior knowledge and facts can change without prior warning, and anyone but another expert in the field showing them is automatically wrong.

Oh, and when you make them look bad, dont expect an apology. It would only hurt their precious feelings more.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I remember this. The one I'm thinking about involved a horse getting mauled in its fenced in yard. IIRC, they had to put it down, finally.

I know someone lost a cow to a predator the same week my wife saw the mountain lion at our place in Perry county a couple of years ago...I even posted a thread about her seeing the cat....

[h=2]Wife swears she saw a Mountain Lion Sunday morning in Perry County.....[/h]
    I believe her......

At about 8:30 am EST (7:30 am local) I left our little shack to run up to the quickie mart (10 mile round trip) to get some breakfast...To you city dwellers questioning how good breakfast can be at a rural quickie mart let me just say...Like Grandma's...Rural quickie marts take their food making serious.....I left her sitting on the front porch sipping coffee and when I returned about 25 minutes later she was still there but had her "tub gun" (H&R 20 gauge with cut down stock and barrel) laying across her lap...

I raised my eyebrow up and said "Trouble in paradise and on the Lord's Day no less?"

"I saw a large animal...A cat...I think it was a mountain lion..."

"You mean a coyote..."

"No I mean a Mountain Lion..."

"Are you talking our bobcat?????"

"NO...I KNOW WHAT I SAW..."

I googled bobcat on my phone and hit google images and handed her the phone...

"YES!!! That's it right there..."

I grabbed my phone back and a photo of a mountain lion that was with the google bobcat images was clicked on....

Well things just got interesting...​

rimg.php

rimg.php

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would encourage people not to trap or kill big kitties... if they are harming your live stock that's one thing, do what you need to do to protect your investment but please dont hunt or trap them just for fun.. no I'm not a tree hugging PITA wack job, I just love cats and there is no better example of a superior hunter/predator in the animal kingdom and many of the big kitties need our help(by "our help" I mean leaving them alone) to ensure they dont become a memory.. nothing as awesome as watching a big kitty stalk and claim its prey:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

True. I get a lot of entertainment value watching our kitty stalk and claim one of DoggyMama's hair ties. I keep putting it back on the bathroom counter, and every time I go back, it's on the floor or out in the hallway after she's had her way with it. :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I experienced the same from our former C.O., the doubt anyway, regarding my wife's mountain lion sighting......

"Yeah...It was probably a bobcat or miss identification..."

"I've known you your entire life...I just think you all should be aware of it..."

Probably same one Indi. One of our locals here in town, recently quit. We may have even talked about it in your shop.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Got an update from the LGS, so you know it has to be true!

The owner of the donkeys was in earlier and says he has made 3 calls to the DNR and as of the time he reported it there they had not yet called him back. So, unless something changed in the last 2-3 hours, no official inspection has been done.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No, that road is also west but is Horner's Chapel. Tree Drive (not road like the previous post) is a dog-legged road on the south of 150 that runs down and over to Dogwood Estates on Corydon-Ramsey Road.
    They named all them roads years after I left for the USAF. 10 years after I left for the USAF...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Side note: Sorry to inform you that "the tree in the middle of the road" is no longer with us. It died and was removed years ago. Nothing but a dark patch of asphalt to mark it's passing.

Top Bottom