• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I agree - lots of little costs that add up. The buyers premium at 18%, the sales tax, the $20 handling fee, and the actual shipping fee. It's a cool looking auction but probably a little fee heavy for me. I'll still keep an eye on it though. It'll be interesting to see where some of these items final bids end up at.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Went to one of their firearm auctions ONCE, walked out before the halfway point. Things was going for stupid silly prices.
    The last straw was when a plain Jane Ruger 10-22 with 1 mag sold for 450.00. That was my que to go. Never been back
    or looked online again.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They've added more lots. Two S&W 66-1s, a Colt Detective Special, Trooper Mark III, several Saturday Night Specials...

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Yes, this used to be a great auction to attend but they got really greedy with the buyers premium. Makes it pretty much impossible to score a good deal.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Not trying to thread cap, but buying guns at auction is in general a waste of time. Not always the case, but 95% of the time it would be more productive to twiddle yourself at home. Between the buyers premium of 10%-25% depending on auction house, sales tax, and transfer fees of $15-$40 per gun depending on auction, its hard to get a deal. Also never place a max bid for anything in an online auction, ever! If you cant bid live (online when it's closing or in person) don't, unless you have to have it. I have worked/been involved in the industry for a decade and the auction house can see your max bids. This is not a conspiracy theory, it's a fact. Every online portal Proxibid, and Hibid being the most common have detailed auction information for the auction house, number of bidders, views, max bids, location, time etc, etc. If you leave a max bid on anything, don't be surprised when you win it for that amount, or one bid less. Of course if your max bid is a joke, your not winning. Running up bids is the job of the auction house, it is not uncommon at all for the auction house to get 40-50% of the hammer price from the consigner and the buyers premium and fees. When you are getting 60-70% of every dollar spent, you want every dollar bid, its just common sense. Now when it comes to guns and coins, the consigner of the items rarely pays over 15% and usually lower unless they don't know better.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Geez, I never read so much futility and giving up before an event in my life..
    You give up you always loose..

[video=youtube;ep-xgd_eETE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-xgd_eETE&t=10s[/video]

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

18% Premium, excessive transfer fees and majority of the items can be bought cheaper. I've been to more than one of their auctions in person. It's not worth the hassle and the inflated bids.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

[video=youtube;ep-xgd_eETE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-xgd_eETE&t=10s[/video]

What's the 411 on the $3500 1903?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    18% Premium, excessive transfer fees and majority of the items can be bought cheaper. I've been to more than one of their auctions in person. It's not worth the hassle and the inflated bids.

Opps, Sorry, I did not know you had been there before.. Yep you are right its not worth the hassle.. Nuff Said

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like a few more lots have been added. From a Desert Eagle 50 AE to a S&W Model 39, a couple Browning A5s, Redhawk Alaskan, Barrett MRAD .300 Win Mag...

Top Bottom