• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was hoping to attend myself. Of the physical ends up like the online, one guy is getting at least 1/3 of it all.

The online and live bid part is interesting. I've never done the online bidding, I'm an old-school "don't scratch your nose at the wrong time, you might buy it" type :D

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Snake guns all over $1K (to be expected.) Hi-Points, Jennings, etc. all under $75 (also to be expected.) One guy has a bunch of Wilson Combats bid at $1,100. .44 mag Desert Eagle at $900. I do see some "not unreasonable" bids on the S&W revolvers (mostly older M19 and M66).

NIB Ruger AR-556: $850??

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Is the 18% premium on all sales or just internet sales? The buyers premium and sales tax add 25% to the price and that takes about any reasonable price off the table.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    People bidding up prices to absolutely ridiculous levels already. Put the buyers premium on (again ridiculously high) and you, as a buyer, are crazy to participate in this madness. Peace and Out!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is the 18% premium on all sales or just internet sales? The buyers premium and sales tax add 25% to the price and that takes about any reasonable price off the table.
    Here's the terms of sale. It looks like no premium for us old-school in-person bidders. I'm calling tomorrow to confirm and find out when we can view the lots.

PLEASE READ: This auction company has requested and been granted access to see all bids placed including any maximum pre-bids. This auction is permitted to engage in this activity by providing this clear disclosure to you, the bidder.

Internet Premium: 18%
    Participation Requirements: Valid Credit Card required for bidding approval
    Payment Options: Visa and MasterCard
    Visa MasterCard
    Payment Instructions: All accounts must be settled at the conclusion of the auction. We accept Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards ONLY. Your credit card will be charged for your purchases, plus buyers premiums of 18%, and any taxes. A pre-auction authorization will be performed to establish available credit. NOTHING will be charged to your card until a purchase is made. Credit card charge-backs will not be accepted. 7% Indiana sales tax will be charged. If you spend $5,000 or over you card on file with Proxibid will be charged once, if it is declined you will be required to wire transfer your payment and a $25.00 wire transfer fee will be assessed.
    Currency Type: USD
    Shipping Instructions: Freije Auctioneers will take care in the preparation and shipment of all firearms, and will arrange shipping of all firearms through USPS. However, shipping is at the risk, cost and liability of Buyer. Buyer agrees to hold harmless Freije Auctioneers or Seller for items lost or damaged, and will pursue any claims with USPS or shipping company. The cost of the shipping will be paid by the purchaser separate from the firearms purchase, and prior to shipment. The buyer will pay a materials and handling fee of $20 in addition to the cost of shipping.
    Preview Date & Times: Please contact the auction company for preview dates and times.
    Checkout Date & Times: Please contact the auction company for checkout times and dates
    Driving Directions: Please contact the auction company for directions.

Special Terms
    All property is sold 'AS IS', 'WHERE IS' without recourse. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. All DESCRIPTIONS & GRADING are representations provided by the sellers.

The Auctioneer, Auction Company & Auction House assume no responsibility or guaranty for items described and represented by the consignors. Property is open to thorough public inspection. It is the Bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor.

(Freije & Freije Auctioneers) may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall (Freije & Freije Auctioneers) be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. Bidders who bid from off site and are not present at the live auction or preview understand and acknowledge that they may not be able to inspect an item as well as if they examined it in person. It is the Bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. (

Freije & Freije Auctioneers) shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it. Bidder agrees that everything is sold as is and that they may not return any item they purchase.

(Freije & Freije Auctioneers) is providing Internet pre-auction and live bidding as a service to Bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction.

Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against (Freije & Freije Auctioneers) or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the live auction.

(Freije & Freije Auctioneers) will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the proxy-bidding feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins.

(Freije & Freije Auctioneers) reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction. Freije Auctioneers will take care in the preparation and shipment of all firearms, and will arrange shipping of all firearms through USPS. However, shipping is at the risk, cost and liability of Buyer. Buyer agrees to hold harmless Freije Auctioneers or Seller for items lost or damaged, and will pursue any claims with USPS or shipping company. The cost of the shipping will be paid by the purchaser separate from the firearms purchase, and prior to shipment. The buyer will pay a materials and handling fee of $20 in addition to the cost of shipping.

All out of state buyers must have firearms shipped to a FFL dealer in their state. All internet purchases will be paid by credit card. Total invoices for internet purchases must be a minimum of $25.00

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Per the dude who answered the phone:
    In-person 10% buyers premium

Opens at 0800 for viewing the lots on Friday.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Between Internet and buyer premiums and tax you're looking at 43% plus $20 on top of actual shipping and then the transfer fee on your end makes a $300 "deal" almost $500. Makes you want to get in the auction business.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Change of plans for me, going down south to see a family member who is in very poor health. If somebody makes it to the auction today be sure and bump the thread With the good and terrible deals of the day.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    How are you getting 43%
    18% internet sale + 18% buyers premium + 7% sales tax = 43% plus shipping Online
    18% buyers premium + 7% sales tax = 25% In person

So if you can't be there in person there's no way you're getting a good deal unless it's a "Grail Gun" and you just want it no matter the cost.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    18% internet sale + 18% buyers premium + 7% sales tax = 43% plus shipping Online
    18% buyers premium + 7% sales tax = 25% In person

So if you can't be there in person there's no way you're getting a good deal unless it's a "Grail Gun" and you just want it no matter the cost.
    Online is 18% plus 7%, in person is 10% plus 7%.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I watched it live online after deciding not to go myself. I've drawn this conclusion: some folks have more money than they have sense.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I didn't make it today due to family issues. Had I been there? Whoever got lot 154 for $575 (S&W 19-3 4 inch nickel) would've paid more. If I didn't get lot 154 whoever got lot 188 for $500 (S&W 66-1 4 inch SS) wouldn't have paid more, I'd have got that gun.

Most of the ones I had an eye on went fairly reasonable. Most, not all.

With that said, GEESH SOME OF THE PRICES!! When you pay well above new? You're doing it wrong.

Top Bottom