• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Seriously? People (near idiots) bidding up prices to ridiculous levels and beyond. I mean in some cases almost a $1 a round for 9mm! Really? A Henry .22 Lever gun $700? Are you kidding me? Bidding hysteria took over for sure IMHO.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Bidding hysterically is good for the seller and auction house. Not so much for us gun fans wanting a nice firearm at a nice price.

I remember good old “I don’t want to make any money folk’s I just love to sell guns” buying every pistol in one auction. I was able to buy the Steven’s favorite as it was an old 22 rifle.

. I remember a guy trying to bid up prices on several guns to above what “the I don’t” guy could most likely buy them new for from a distributor. That “I don’t guy”still bought each one. This was back when police guns and crime guns were still sold at auction.

Don’t guy bought Every Jennings every Saturday night euro special. Most of the others buyers just left after about an hour. I stuck around and there were two pistols the bid up guy was interested in and one he did get at over cost.
    He was trying to lighten “I don’t guys” available spending cash and maybe did not know who he was. 1980’s and the pistol the guy bought was a 586 smith at over what I could buy it new for by quite a bit. Maybe it was a special gun to him with sentimental value. Maybe he was just going to buy it at any cost. maybe the auction house paid him to drive up the prices maybe don did not want this guy to buy any of the pistols.

Top Bottom