• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Went and not impressed also, It was more like a flee market with some guns. Better deals could be had at the local shops.
    This. I didn't see much to distinguish it from the last show.

One of the vendors had a big spread of patches, T shirts, etc. One shirt: "We used to hunt Communists, now we elect them." I wonder if the vendor was struck by the fact they were selling some items made in China? Maybe they needed to add: "now we elect them, or we hock their stuff."

No fudge or jerky that I saw.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just got back from the show. I was pretty underwhelmed. Not a lot of interesting things there (and really very few guns for a gun show).

I did pick up an "Australian" No. 7 Enfield 7.62 NATO, which I believe is a cut down and refinished Ishapore 2A Enfield. Everyone at the gun show I talk to said it will kick like a mule. But since I've owned a Steyr 8x56 straight pull and a Spanish FR8 for a number of years, I'm pretty sure I can handle it.

2012-04-28

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I will echo this....

You could buy some t-shirts and some hot nuts. Not a real big show.

Ditto here. Not impressed. You cant miss that roasting peanut smell that hits you when you step in.

I liked the guy who had his cases all marked 'don't handle or dry fire' and didn't have any pricing. He put the 'show' in gun show. Not very customer centric. Must have brought his collection to 'show' them. A guy was trying to ask a question and get a price and he acted like he was annoyed.

Good waste of $5 if its raining. Be sure to stop by the local shops on Earl Ave.

c3d4b2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    The show was a decent small show.

I went to the show and there were several things that were tempting. I did see different vendors with different stock than I normally see. The prices were decent on some things and high on others.

I also liked the lighting. I did not need to use a flash light to inspect the wares.

Last edited:

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Didn't think the show was big by any means, but I knew going in it wasn't the 1500.

It did give the chance to "handle" many AR-15's. And to that, I say was valued at $5.00.

Hope it grows. Oh, and that floor, watch your step if wet....

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Didn't think the show was big by any means, but I knew going in it wasn't the 1500.

It did give the chance to "handle" many AR-15's. And to that, I say was valued at $5.00.

Hope it grows. Oh, and that floor, watch your step if wet....
    me

Yeah, I did notice that. Really slick floor considering what the venue is. I have a hard time believing that Hobby Lobby had the floor that slick while they were open, unless maybe they closed down because of all the liability lawsuits.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Went yesterday and picked up a Turk Mauser for $125. Those are really underappreciated rifles for the price. Everything else seemed to high.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    me

Yeah, I did notice that. Really slick floor considering what the venue is. I have a hard time believing that Hobby Lobby had the floor that slick while they were open, unless maybe they closed down because of all the liability lawsuits.
    Raisor has used it off and on since Hobby Lobby closed as an Indoor used car lot. I would imagine the slick floors were done for them...

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just got back from the show. I was pretty underwhelmed. Not a lot of interesting things there (and really very few guns for a gun show).

I did pick up an "Australian" No. 7 Enfield 7.62 NATO, which I believe is a cut down and refinished Ishapore 2A Enfield. Everyone at the gun show I talk to said it will kick like a mule. But since I've owned a Steyr 8x56 straight pull and a Spanish FR8 for a number of years, I'm pretty sure I can handle it.

By the way, for the record, the recoil on that Enfield is nothing at all. Way less than my FR8 or Steyr and honestly less than a lot of other guns in .308. I put 40 rounds through it at the range today and found it very pleasant to shoot. I had my buddy's girlfriend fire through 10 rounds (mind you, this is a girl that is concerned about recoil from an AK) and she thought it easy to shoot.

So, for all you old timers at the Lafayette Gun Show, all I can say is that you must be a big bunch of babies with glass shoulders. :D

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    The wife and I went for a bit. The highlight of the day, was going to Pepe's afterward. Did get a few chuckles though. Saw an $800 Henry in 17. It was right under a $650 Marlin 336. Also eyeballed an $1100 M1 carbine, and a $520 S&W M&P 15-22. There were some tables with relatively reasonable prices, but seemed like a lot of dealers were asking retail x 1.5.

Top Bottom