• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Strangely, IME it usually affects pistol bullets the opposite of the way that I would have expected. Rounds fired from inside the deflect slightly upward, while rounds coming through the windshield from the outside the deflect slightly downward.

Think of the angle of the glass. Think of what part of the bullet (top or bottom) digs in first and what part is still freely moving, then it makes perfect sense.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Generally, I’m a big fan of critiquing these videos because there can be a lot to take away. This one is tough. Vehicle pursuits are somewhat rare. Long pursuits like this one are a little more rare. Long pursuits of murder suspects are even more rare. Long pursuits of murder suspects who are shooting at you...well, you get the idea. Discussing vehicle tactics is great, but this scenario is one in a million. Any practice you’ve done shooting from a vehicle or through a windshield was not done under these circumstances. And what you practiced may not be as repeatable in this type of situation. I’ve practiced against people with sim rounds and I was happy with my performance. Is that how I’ll do it if real lead is coming back at me? Who knows. So instead of critique, I’ll just say kudos to him for maintaining his composure and a positive outcome.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ssion/456504-chase-shots-fired-las-vegas.html

We have 2 separate threads about this on ingo and I've said my thoughts in the first in detail.
    It's so easy for people to say what they would have done better from the comfort of their homes. But until you have been shot at you dont even know if the training you have now if any at all will matter. Not all people have what it takes to fight. This officer did and he took it to them, and I've never met him but I would go to war next to him any day. Tactics can be taught to a monkey. All over YouTube there are tactical monkeys doing backflips while punching holes in paper and wearing the latest special ops gear. That's all good for ratings and **** but mindset and your mind is your best tool and skill. You cannot change what is in your DNA and makes you tick. Not all people are meant to be warriors.
    This officer was ****ing amazing.

Besides a new windshield he probably needs a new seat too ;)

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ssion/456504-chase-shots-fired-las-vegas.html

We have 2 separate threads about this on ingo and I've said my thoughts in the first in detail.
    It's so easy for people to say what they would have done better from the comfort of their homes. But until you have been shot at you dont even know if the training you have now if any at all will matter. Not all people have what it takes to fight. This officer did and he took it to them, and I've never met him but I would go to war next to him any day. Tactics can be taught to a monkey. All over YouTube there are tactical monkeys doing backflips while punching holes in paper and wearing the latest special ops gear. That's all good for ratings and **** but mindset and your mind is your best tool and skill.
    This officer was ****ing amazing.

Besides a new windshield he probably needs a new seat too ;)

Yup. It is usually a faux pas to **** your pants, but in this instance I would give him a pass. And buy him a package of new skivvies.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Is there any record of any bystanders being hit by errant rounds? I do recall being advised that the shooter is responsible for what is beyond the target. Is that a valid concern in a scenario such as this? If any bystanders were injured who is responsible? The bad guys? The LEOs? The one whom ballistics identifies as the shooter (e.g. from round pulled out of the body)? Can these LEOs be sued for reckless endangerment, etc.? Tip of the hat to the officer, and no disrespect intended. Just curious how this will play out.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Is there any record of any bystanders being hit by errant rounds? I do recall being advised that the shooter is responsible for what is beyond the target. Is that a valid concern in a scenario such as this? If any bystanders were injured who is responsible? The bad guys? The LEOs? The one whom ballistics identifies as the shooter (e.g. from round pulled out of the body)? Can these LEOs be sued for reckless endangerment, etc.? Tip of the hat to the officer, and no disrespect intended. Just curious how this will play out.
    Well I havent seen any ' mass shooting of civilians by white cop while wrecklessly pursuing good boys that did nuff'n ' , headlines attached to this story so I'm gonna guess no, that no innocent persons were injured.
    But yeah I do still believe that you are responsible for every round that you fire. He made a judgement call and was prepared to live with the consequences obviously and I think he made the right call in this particular case but I also can Monday morning quarterback the **** out of my answer because I know the outcome.
    The law backs up what he did so from a legal standpoint he probably would have been good if anyone else was hit too.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well I havent seen any mass shooting of civilians by white cop while wrecklessly pursuing good boys that did nuff'n, headlines attached to this story so I'm gonna guess no, that no innocent persons were injured.
    But yeah I do still believe that you are responsible for every round that you fire. He made a judgement call and was prepared to live with the consequences obviously and I think he made the right call in this particular case but I also can Monday morning quarterback the **** out of my answer because I know the outcome.
    The law backs up what he did so from a legal standpoint he probably would have been good if anyone else was hit too.

I appreciate your input and thinking. Again, not complaining or criticizing; just learning. This is not something I anticipate ever having to address personally. My biggest problem is what's behind that turkey or ten-point buck—or steel plate.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Generally, I’m a big fan of critiquing these videos because there can be a lot to take away. This one is tough. Vehicle pursuits are somewhat rare. Long pursuits like this one are a little more rare. Long pursuits of murder suspects are even more rare. Long pursuits of murder suspects who are shooting at you...well, you get the idea. Discussing vehicle tactics is great, but this scenario is one in a million. Any practice you’ve done shooting from a vehicle or through a windshield was not done under these circumstances. And what you practiced may not be as repeatable in this type of situation. I’ve practiced against people with sim rounds and I was happy with my performance. Is that how I’ll do it if real lead is coming back at me? Who knows. So instead of critique, I’ll just say kudos to him for maintaining his composure and a positive outcome.

Charlie 4 must have to shop at the Big & Tall store when he buys a jockstrap.

Top Bottom