Las Vegas Shooter: What Could You Do Under Those Circumstances?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok so I haven't read every post in this thread. But it seems one big key response if you find yourself in a situation like what happened in Vegas is to simply keep moving, use concealment and cover as much as possible. And, I agree with those assessments.
    My question is what are thoughts on how to respond if you are with friends or family that have some limited mobility (enough they physically can't run)? All I can come back to is what so many in LE have advised with run, hide & fight.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok so I haven't read every post in this thread. But it seems one big key response if you find yourself in a situation like what happened in Vegas is to simply keep moving, use concealment and cover as much as possible. And, I agree with those assessments.
    My question is what are thoughts on how to respond if you are with friends or family that have some limited mobility (enough they physically can't run)? All I can come back to is what so many in LE have advised with run, hide & fight.

Realistically, they are the first to be trampled.

I truly don't think most understand how powerful a tightly packed crowd is. I sure didn't until I experienced it, and it wasn't a hostile or panicked one. It's like fighting a tide.

If you aren't separated and survive the initial panicked rush so the crowd thins enough you can move on your own, then nothing changes other than the pace.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Realistically, they are the first to be trampled.

I truly don't think most understand how powerful a tightly packed crowd is. I sure didn't until I experienced it, and it wasn't a hostile or panicked one. It's like fighting a tide.

If you aren't separated and survive the initial panicked rush so the crowd thins enough you can move on your own, then nothing changes other than the pace.

I saw this back in the 70's at a concert in Germany, just waiting to get in, had to save a screaming girl from being crushed against the barricades...she didn't speak English but was obviously appreciative of not dying that day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds too much like work...like reading Clancy novels.

I remember the series I just did not want to watch a media/writers take on how the war went. I grow so weary of how weapons are used/portrayed and tactics being skewed so badly my spouse see's it.
    Guess I must have missed a good one.

Top Bottom