• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Currently 1 car garage, 3 vehicles. For decades at least one a lifted Jeep.
    Dirty, leaking...........yeah, even if I had a nice garage I'd put that pile o' crap in there.

The ol lady kept hers in the garage at prev house. And would use the remote..........I'd come home and the garage be open.
    She swore she'd closed it.
    Nice weather, no need to be in garage. But she insisted.
    Leaving it open enough times, punks got a look at what was in.
    When she did have it closed, they kicked in the side door and stole my mtn bike .
    Eh it was less than 2K, so a cheapy. Honor student proly needed it for school.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I always liked hearing "I was only in the store for a minute so I left he car running. When I came out, it was gone. By the way, there's a gun in the console".

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I drive a 1993 Ford F 150....Beat up, rusty, but reliable....Beginning in the 1990's I began driving older vehicles ugly as sin...At first it was because I had a daily commute of 100 miles round trip and didn't want to put the miles on a new truck...Then driving around an old beat up truck worth $500 while wearing a Rolex or with a $1500 O/U Shotgun behind the sit while going hunting became part of my "schtick" for lack of a better word....My range bag was my daughter's old diaper bag that I kept an old bottle half filled with white liquid in the mesh net on the outside...I would leave it laying on the bench of the truck...I have NO cool gun stickers on my truck....

There is a great scene in the film Blue Ruin where a guy in Virginia needs a weapon but has no means to purchase one...He pulls into a tavern and you see him walking through the parking lot until he sees an NRA sticker in the cab of a truck and he busts the window out and gets the little safe with a SS revolver from the truck...Very quick scene and you got to be a gun person to see it....

[video=youtube;7mGcaLcjBE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mGcaLcjBE4[/video]

I look, dress, and drive poor....My family has generations of experience in that regard....

I guess I try to look too poor to mess with...Not worth the risk to a criminal....If they are going to risk thieving they are generally going to take that risk on something worth their effort...I scream through my vehicle and clothes that I am not worth the effort.....

Blue Ruin is an excellent film if you haven't seen it......

[video=youtube;W8MHgTAJQCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8MHgTAJQCI[/video]

Last edited:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Since I moved here in '95 cannot get over the Lafayette habit of not putting cars in the garage, especially when weather is nice for car hopping.

Not sure where the custom comes from but when I bought my house I was working for .gov and my secretary drove by on a Saturday AM while I was busy working on the place. She remarked that I should "turn my garage into a living room", I stood there thinking she was joking but apparently some in Lafayette turn garages into rec rooms, perhaps this is why all the outside parking here?

Most of my neighbors don't bother with the garage conversion. They're using the garage for junk storage so there isn't room for the car. I've never understood keeping $1000 worth of old junk in your garage and parking your $30,000 car outside.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Since I moved here in '95 cannot get over the Lafayette habit of not putting cars in the garage, especially when weather is nice for car hopping.

Canadian's are strange folk...There is no rhyme nor reason for their ways oft times....

south-park-s07e15c09-rick-the-proud-candian-mountie-16x9.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You shouldn't have to lock your car. In fact, you should be able to leave the gun in plain sight in an unlocked car. It's your car and no one should be in it without your permission.

Stop blaming the victims.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You shouldn't have to lock your car. In fact, you should be able to leave the gun in plain sight in an unlocked car. It's your car and no one should be in it without your permission.

Sigh.. the good 'ole days of leaving your shotgun on the rack in your truck, with the windows down the the keys on the sunvisor.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Most of my neighbors don't bother with the garage conversion. They're using the garage for junk storage so there isn't room for the car. I've never understood keeping $1000 worth of old junk in your garage and parking your $30,000 car outside.

At least $3,000 worth of junk.

24899855_10213089654730414_3022220962737980482_n.jpg

Of course, for someone to go through my vehicles, they really have to commit as its 350 yards down a private road, than 100 yards up my driveway....my neighbors and I have a tendency to notice people who don't belong.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Sadly, that is not the world we live in anymore and hasn't been for awhile. There will always be thieves and making it easier for them to do their work does not help.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sigh.. the good 'ole days of leaving your shotgun on the rack in your truck, with the windows down the the keys on the sunvisor.

True story...

In 1981 I was heading out to the Junior parking lot when I noticed two teacher's looking at my 1972 Chevy Pick Up's cab.....

"Hey Rick!!!"

"Yes Sir.."

"Is that 10/22 the deluxe model or standard?"

"Deluxe.."

"Do you mind letting me look at it? I am trying to decide between that and the standard and want to know if the wood is worth it.."

"Not at all sir.."

And myself and two teacher's handled my 10/22 in the parking lot...

Note: I ran a trap line before and after school and the 10/22 was for that.....

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    At least $3,000 worth of junk.

24899855_10213089654730414_3022220962737980482_n.jpg

Of course, for someone to go through my vehicles, they really have to commit as its 350 yards down a private road, than 100 yards up my driveway....my neighbors and I have a tendency to notice people who don't belong.

That's not junk. I'm talking broken appliances, ripped couch and chair, old tv and the boxes. Oh my, the boxes.

Crittersdad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2018
    Jasonville
    As a former Correctional Officer I am very security conscious a always double check to make sure my doors are lock with or without my gun being in it

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Having spent most of my working years in a neighborhood where if it wasn't locked it was stolen, locking the car is a habit.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Daughter now 13 had a friend who needed a ride to a school event. Both in back of car. She asked “how do the windows go down” she had never been in a car without power windows.
    My granddaughter had the same issue with my truck. That was years ago. To this day, she calls them "winder winders." (pronounced winn-der wynders) I can neither confirm nor deny responsibility for that. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Truth. We grew up never locking the doors. Cars garage or the house. I know what changed but will not openly talk about it. Not in here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Having spent most of my working years in a neighborhood where if it wasn't locked it was stolen, locking the car is a habit.

I worked in and around all of those areas at some point. Great people. Stand up citizens.....:lmfao:

I had to chain and lock my ladders to the truck.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I advised a new guy at work to park his new motorcycle farther up in the lot away from the street as the gate was always open and only about 5 yards away. One day a pickup truck with 4 guys in the back pulled in quickly and his bike was tossed into the bed, followed by the 4 guys.

Top Bottom