• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let's make no mistake. This was never about him refusing to do business with anyone. Never happened. Anyone could shop at his bakery and buy anything they wanted.

This has always been about forcing him to create a special items to celebrate and promote things he does not believe in.

You can't claim to be in favor of freedom and condone that.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I’ve refused service based on requested materials that I have found objectionable.

I’ve never discriminated against any individual because of who they are.

The guy jacking with the baker intentionally needs beaten like an egg.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I am so old that I remember when all this was about "freedom". Next thing I know I am being ordered to bake cakes . . . by INGOtarians.

When did you ever score a point against an INGOtarian? Something like that would have been a memorable event. :scratch:

Please, show us on the doll where Johnson/Weld touched you inappropriately. :):

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Let's make no mistake. This was never about him refusing to do business with anyone. Never happened. Anyone could shop at his bakery and buy anything they wanted.

This has always been about forcing him to create a special items to celebrate and promote things he does not believe in.

You can't claim to be in favor of freedom and condone that.

This is where you counter strike. Find a gay owned bakery and ask them to bake a cake that says sodomy is sin. When they refuse sue them.
    Troll level: grand master

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If only Mr. J was still around to give us an official ruling on this situation.

I am against people being forced to give their labor to someone else against their will. Seems there is a word for that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Even if the law is on the baker’s side, he can still be destroyed with suits and regulatory shenanigans. You can’t allow people with such dangerous thoughts to go unpunished.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Even if the law is on the baker’s side, he can still be destroyed with suits and regulatory shenanigans. You can’t allow people with such dangerous thoughts to go unpunished.

This is starting to remind me of that scene from Cool Hand Luke. This will be his second time. There won't be a third... ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is where you counter strike. Find a gay owned bakery and ask them to bake a cake that says sodomy is sin. When they refuse sue them.
    Troll level: grand master

Um...it's been done. Consistency is not the strong suit of totalitarians.

As noted above, on at least three other occasions the Civil Rights Division considered the refusal of bakers to create cakes with images that conveyed disapproval of same-sex marriage, along with religious text. Each time, the Division found that the baker acted lawfully in refusing service. It made these determinations because, in the words of the Division, the requested cake included “wording and images [the baker] deemed derogatory,” Jack v. Gateaux, Ltd., Charge No. P20140071X, at 4; featured “language and images [the baker] deemed hateful,” Jack v. Le Bakery Sensual, Inc., Charge No. P20140070X, at 4; or displayed a message the baker “deemed as discriminatory, Jack v. Azucar Bakery, Charge No. P20140069X, at 4.
    Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civ. Rights Commn., 138 S. Ct. 1719, 1730 (2018)

Top Bottom