• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I can't figure out why they restrict the deer hunting cartridges so much, but don't put any limitations at all on what you can use to harvest squirrel?
    Funny, we were talking about this in my Wildlife Management class, taught by a long time CO.

Politicians. A lot of people also use the argument "I can use whatever to hunt coyotes, varmits, etc." They counter saying that there aren't as many people out there doing that. I think thats weak, but there is another argument...

Someone can get a "pistol" contender or similar "pistol" that shoots rounds a rifle can. Ballistically, they're really similar. So it doesn't make sense. There was a lady in Evansville got hit by a stray 9mm round from a gun range that traveled quite a ways. Obviously handgun rounds can be dangerous too.

bore375

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    YOU HOUSIERS ARE FORTUNATE TO HAVE THE DEER RIFLE LAWS YOU HAVE. I HUNT DEER HERE IN OHIO WITH A .375 WIN. 19 " BBL ENCORE HANDGUN. IT'S LEGAL, BUT IF I CLIP A STOCK ON FOR MORE ACCURACY, NOT ALLOWABLE. WHAT KINDS OF PEOPLE ENACT THESE IDIOT LAWS THAT SHOW LACK OF COMMON SENSE ? WAKE UP AMERICA ,IT'S 2011. I REPEAT YOUR DEER RIFLE CALIBERS I WOULD BE FERY HAPPY WITH. OHIO -----WHAT'S WRONG ????????:rolleyes:

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    YOU HOUSIERS ARE FORTUNATE TO HAVE THE DEER RIFLE LAWS YOU HAVE. I HUNT DEER HERE IN OHIO WITH A .375 WIN. 19 " BBL ENCORE HANDGUN. IT'S LEGAL, BUT IF I CLIP A STOCK ON FOR MORE ACCURACY, NOT ALLOWABLE. WHAT KINDS OF PEOPLE ENACT THESE IDIOT LAWS THAT SHOW LACK OF COMMON SENSE ? WAKE UP AMERICA ,IT'S 2011. I REPEAT YOUR DEER RIFLE CALIBERS I WOULD BE FERY HAPPY WITH. OHIO -----WHAT'S WRONG ????????:rolleyes:

First of all, HELLO AND WELCOME TO INGO :welcome:

Secondly, any restriction on anyone when it comes to what you hunt with should be removed. Don't roll your eyes at us because our legislation is more slack than yours, that should be directed at your state.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I think the changes they are discussing will go into effect next year if they are approved. this year will not change

I sure hope you're wrong Vette! I was really looking forward to the idea of a combined archery/muzzle loader/firearm license this year. Oh well... I guess patience is going to have to work for waiting for the bureaucracy as well as for waiting for the deer themselves! :dunno:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I sure hope you're wrong Vette! I was really looking forward to the idea of a combined archery/muzzle loader/firearm license this year. Oh well... I guess patience is going to have to work for waiting for the bureaucracy as well as for waiting for the deer themselves! :dunno:

i could be wrong but i would think that they would have to have all changes made a long time ago to get them in the book.

Top Bottom