Let's Organize "ILOCD": (Indiana Legal Open Carry Day)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm down for an OC event in NW Indiana.

FYI there is going to be a RTC - Restore the Constitution rally on Saturday the 30 of October. Open carry is a focal point,

Their phrase is: "This is legal for a reason"

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I think the City Market over lunch time (say 11-1) is a GREAT idea. With Neon tee's and sidearms, we would have good visibility and it's inside, so weather wouldn't be an issue. It's large enough and there are enough places to eat that everyone could have lunch. Besides, we wouldn't have to be concerned about permits, we're just a group of friends gathering for lunch. I'll help with whatever I can do to organize it.

I like this idea...We could even walk before or after lunch around the circle and up and down a few blocks, handing out flyers.:yesway:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I like City Mkt 11/1... Day before election :)

Can we get shirts that fast? My vote keep it simple... Safety yellow w/black text (impact font):

Front:

YES, IT'S LEGAL...

Back:

The good guys don't have to hide their guns.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I like City Mkt 11/1... Day before election :)

Can we get shirts that fast? My vote keep it simple... Safety yellow w/black text (impact font):

Front:

YES, IT'S LEGAL...

Back:

The good guys don't have to hide their guns.

I have a guy that could do them in 3 to 4 business days if its just simple text.

Shirts are 7.00 for sizes XL and down. 1.00 extra for every X after that.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Pen me in for 2 tees and I would participate in a walk/lunch. First week of November is hell week for me at work and I probably couldn't make it until 12:30 or later, though.

Last edited:

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Short notice, but you couldn't get any better than 11-1 (day before election. Too bad we can't get our hands on some "Don't tread on my gunrights" signs from the NRA but maybe we COULD walk over to and around the capital building. Sort of make a political statement while we're at it.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Guys/gals, just set a time and date and stick to it.
    Figure out what you want and get people to volunteer to get it done.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think the City Market over lunch time (say 11-1) is a GREAT idea. With Neon tee's and sidearms, we would have good visibility and it's inside, so weather wouldn't be an issue. It's large enough and there are enough places to eat that everyone could have lunch. Besides, we wouldn't have to be concerned about permits, we're just a group of friends gathering for lunch. I'll help with whatever I can do to organize it.

Sounds fabulous!

I like this idea...We could even walk before or after lunch around the circle and up and down a few blocks, handing out flyers.:yesway:

Fabulouser!

I'm in for at least 1 t-shirt, possibly two. Would a size small fit a 4y/o boy? (not that we wouldn't put it over his coat anyway!)

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    I have the heat press for making the shirts. I also have some shirts left over from our closed business. I have a cousin that can cut the vinyl for the shirts

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Can we make it to where the only people that get a shirt are the one's to show up for the event? Good way to get people to attend. ;) Just a thought. Maybe open up orders after the event?

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'll show up but SOMEONE will have to PM me when it is.. I can't figure out from this thread and I don't want to try re-reading all of it. I'm that lazy.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Last I read was 11-1 from 11AM to 1PM. Don't know if there is a central place or member to order tee shirts yet so watch thread. If it's a go, I'll be there!
    I'm suggesting pistols only and no children with guns. Don't give the sheep any ammo.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If we're really doing this, a thread needs to be created, a meeting spot setup, who's bringing what, etc.

There is no time to waste as 11-1 is right around the corner.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Update from the NWI INGO group.

Sorry "INDY INGO" but as a group NWI INGO can't make up it's mind to do a "sister event" in NWI when you do your walk in INDY. There are some members in NWI INGO that are willing to drive down to Indy when you do you walk. So once you guys/gals get the date set let us know via post and I'll make sure that the NWI INGO group knows about it. I'll keep a watch on this thread for that post.

Top Bottom