Let's Organize "ILOCD": (Indiana Legal Open Carry Day)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How about WE DON'T HAVE TO HIDE THEM on the front

and ...THIS AINT TEXAS! on the back? :):

(I'll bet Kirk Freeman would buy a bunch.)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    How about this: Open Carry... It isn't just for briefcases anymore."

Seriously, though I am so ready to do this and ready to help in any way I can. I don't OC regularly since I sold my G27 and Fobus holster but my M&P Pro 9mm would love the fresh air if I take it for a walk...

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI.. the NWI INGO meet & shoot is this sat and by sat night I should have a reply for ya on if the group wants to do a "regional" walk when Indy does there. I'll let them know about the T-Shirts as well.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The next MEET & SHOOT is for 16 OCT 2010 (go sign up!)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nd_shoot_-_sat_16_oct_2010_a.html#post1342678

Appleseed for NWI
    23 OCT 2010 @ NPCCC, Chesterton, IN
    2010 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

On finding a location for more Appleseeds:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Maybe we should wear sandwich boards with "The meat in this sandwich is a Smith & Wesson, Glock, etc, along with any of the other messages. If it's too cold for t-shirts maybe long-sleeve sweatshirts or hats? Baseball caps work well on TV; ask any NASCAR sponsor.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Thoughts on:
    OC in City Market: Many of the people in there around noon are plain clothes cops with guns so we wont be alone of we do that. I personally think that would be a great place for an OC event, everyone could eat lunch.

The obama logo: The obama sign with crosshairs may be copyrited or registered plus, that may be considered "threatening" to the president because you KNOW, an OC event will be watched closely by the guys in black suits and sunglasses...just sayin'...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think that Ob@m@ logo with reticle should have been tinted magenta... I'm all for having a little fun with this but let's stay on the high road on the way there. We've got enough obstacles in our path and we don't need to self-impose more of them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Front: YES, IT'S LEGAL...
    Back: GOOD GUYS DON'T HIDE GUNS.

If we seem pretty good with this, I'll work on something for us on cafepress. Not looking to make a dime on this, btw...

More on the organizational aspects of this later...

GOOD GUYS DON'T HAVE TO HIDE THEIR GUNS is better and more accurate.

Some good guys choose to hide their guns and there shouldn't be even a hint toward that being considered a bad thing.

:twocents:

I wouldn't mention "guns" or "firearms" at all. Just a simple "Good guys don't have to hide 'em." (Personally, I like "We don't have to hide 'em" since the misconception is that carry is allowed only concealed. The "good guys" comment give it a whole different nuance--not necessarily one I disagree with--but it's not the message that open carry is legal.) Giving too much information is like having to explain a punch line.

It wouldn't be too hard to layer up underneath the t-shirt so that it can be seen. Besides, even if a few people chose to coat-up, if they were all the same color (bright, I'm thinking neon), it wouldn't be too hard for others to recognize the solidarity based on those whose shirts are visible.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wouldn't mention "guns" or "firearms" at all. Just a simple "Good guys don't have to hide 'em." (Personally, I like "We don't have to hide 'em" since the misconception is that carry is allowed only concealed. The "good guys" comment give it a whole different nuance--not necessarily one I disagree with--but it's not the message that open carry is legal.) Giving too much information is like having to explain a punch line.

It wouldn't be too hard to layer up underneath the t-shirt so that it can be seen. Besides, even if a few people chose to coat-up, if they were all the same color (bright, I'm thinking neon), it wouldn't be too hard for others to recognize the solidarity based on those whose shirts are visible.
    Y
    Good points here; sounds like we may be gravitating back to the "Nothing to Hide" theme...

For any of you who've done this before, how does it go if we all just show up and be ourselves, dress included?

...And bring your pink guns if we do this before month's end,

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Y
    Good points here; sounds like we may be gravitating back to the "Nothing to Hide" theme...

For any of you who've done this before, how does it go if we all just show up and be ourselves, dress included?

...And bring your pink guns if we do this before month's end,

That's pretty much how they went down before...

I have all of the equipment necessary to do up to 6 color screen printing in my basement. If T-shirts are not enough, we could see about sweat shirts or hoodies. :yesway:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    How about borrowing a page from Nike's playback and printing "Just Carry It!" with a pistol replacing the swoosh logo? Then, OC or CC, doesn't matter. I'd wear that t-shirt out! And I'm all for a neon color.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nike is so... 80's :)

The "good guys" and "hide" stuff really makes it work well, IMHO.

Last time I checked that ad campaign was still going strong... Let's do this the right way:

1. Set a location or locatins and date for the event itself.
    2. Set a deadline for slogan submissions.
    3. Use a poll to select the slogan.
    4. Print clothing; sell on cafepress or through an INGO volunteer.
    5. Appoint media liaisons ASAP in the process; get the word out.
    6. Spread the word far and wide!
    7. Show up, behave like the good ambassadors we are, and spread the word beyond our own ranks.
    8. Meet afterward (if not during) for camaraderie, food and drink (again, well-behaved), and a de-brief on how to do this it better next time (and the next...)
    9. Lather, rinse, and repeat...

Now, in the words of the late great John. Belushi: "Who's with me?!"

Last edited:

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I think the City Market over lunch time (say 11-1) is a GREAT idea. With Neon tee's and sidearms, we would have good visibility and it's inside, so weather wouldn't be an issue. It's large enough and there are enough places to eat that everyone could have lunch. Besides, we wouldn't have to be concerned about permits, we're just a group of friends gathering for lunch. I'll help with whatever I can do to organize it.

Top Bottom