• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So I'm sitting at Chicago O'hare today gate C27 waiting on my next plane when the guy across from me gets a scared look on his face and tells his wife that guy has a knife! I look at the guy sitting next to me and sure enough he has a three inch folding knife and it's not on his hip. He is using it to cut up his breakfast fruit! Now we are are off in a corner of the gate which is not very visible to the rest of the people but he is openly flaunting his knife as he slowing eats his breakfast.

Any thoughts on this?

Just goes to show TSA is there to give the illusion of safety!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd be more concerned with the nancy freaking out over the guy having a 3" knife. Seriously? This is what we've come to?

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't know if I should congratulate him or move out of the way before TSA tackled all of us. I had to board my plane right after that so I didn't get to see what happened if anything.

My problem with it is, if he can get that through security what can someone wanting to do harm get through?

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'm sitting at B21 in Indy right now. No knives in view, but I think I saw something printing on the toddler at B17.

Apparently, INGO has a great presence at the airports today.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My wife once made it through security and onto a plane with a folding knife and a can of pepper spray in her purse. Yes, it was post-9/11.

I "forgot" to leave my knives in the car when we went to the Metallica show last week; I just dropped them into my pockets as I approached the entrance, and the pimple-faced security dork missed them both during his pat down. He also missed my cell phone which was clipped to my belt, and my Streamlight MicroStream which was clipped into my back pocket. My wife had a can of OC and a folding knife in her purse, which were also missed. We felt safer. :rolleyes:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I was at an airport last year (don't remember which), standing at a ticket kiosk about 10 feet from the ticket counter and a guy in civilian clothes walks in from the street, goes behind the counter, puts a bag on the conveyor belt, where it was quickly whisked away into the bowels of the airport.

The guy walked away and was halfway back to the door before the NWA employee thought to ask him what he was doing. Judging by the physique of the two people involved, I don't think it would have been much of a problem for the guy who dropped off the bag to have A) run away B)incapacitated (shot, stabbed, maced, choked etc.) the NWA guy.

At no point did the other NWA employee who was standing there witness all this, ever call security, or even move away from his spot.

Turns out, the "bag dropper" was TSA auditor testing the system. Or at least he had an ID card that said he was. If he really was (probably) I think the airport failed the test.

It was not busy either, there were only 4 people in the area, me included.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Airports

My Wife made it thru Indy with a Box Cutter and a can of Mace flying to Orlando
    On the return flight it was consfiscated in Orlandos airport
    This was also post 9/11

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Bear in mind, this is O'Hare we're talking about. The same airport where in 2005 I was subjected to a full pat-down and questioned about the knives in my checked duffel bag while traveling on orders and in DCUs.

Of course, that might have had something to do with my outburst of "The next (insert appropriate colorful metaphor here) who tries to walk through my mom is gonna get clubbed like a baby seal!" :D

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Bear in mind, this is O'Hare we're talking about. The same airport where in 2005 I was subjected to a full pat-down and questioned about the knives in my checked duffel bag while traveling on orders and in DCUs.

Of course, that might have had something to do with my outburst of "The next (insert appropriate colorful metaphor here) who tries to walk through my mom is gonna get clubbed like a baby seal!" :D

I didn't think they could search someone who was traveling with orders? Crazy.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I didn't think they could search someone who was traveling with orders? Crazy.

I was returning to Iraq after R&R. Clearly a hijack threat.

Again, I chalk it up to O'Hare and TSA. O'Hare is notoriously unfriendly to military and TSA, well, as I've paraphrased George Carlin in a previous post, they're a bunch of morons with double-digit IQs and triple-digit incomes rooting through my luggage and occasionally stealing things.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Just for future referance... a pocket knife is not explosive but is good for cutting things. And I know most planes have undercovers on them these days. So I wouldn't worry about the guy as he has brought a knife to a gun fight.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I once flew from indy to atl an back only to realize I had a 6in extendable box cutter in my CARRY ON bag, that I had no clue was there. I only found it upon searching for my key on the way back to the car. All I could think was..

A. Dang im sure glad I didnt get caught with this
    B. How in the F*** did they not catch this?!?!!??!
    C. Our air transportation system is still severely flawed
    D. Damn I coulda went to jail

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    9/11 hi-jackers had blades smaller than 3 inches. Of course they tried to conceal they were BGs so doubt some dude with a folding knife is a BG just not aware he's gotten away with something.

But it was a USAir passenger that spotted a nervous looking USAir employee who had smuggled their roomate's handgun past security so the roomate could take it to phoenix. The plane had already pushed. TSA got the plane back to the gate and offloaded everyone. Rescreening of the roomates current carry-on revealed the handgun. The observant passenger also the employee and roomate exchange luggage after passing security.

The thing that peaks your interest at the airport just might be preventing the next 9-11. These guys do not and will not give up. Please be observant and speak up.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I travelled to Dallas and back and when I got home I went to clean out my PC case that I took as carry on and I found a single .45 JHP. I have no idea how long it was there or how many trips I had taken with it.

Top Bottom