• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Really warm? Nah... not possible... I quickly googled some specs on tasers and most of them operate around the 10-20 watt range. Thats less energy/heat than a cfl lightbulb, and the quick pulses coupled with only a couple seconds of use wouldn't heat the clothes up much more than turning a small cfl (60 watt equivalent, 13 watt consumption) on for about 3 seconds.

I do doubt the effectiveness of it shorting the taser out though. At that high of voltage you're likely still going to feel it even if the clothes did make a good conductor. But I doubt the clothes could be made into a good conductor with only a 10% blend. There's just too many other "insulator" fibers to keep the the conductive fibers separated.

I am pretty sure he meant that the clothing will make you warm the rest of the time? Maybe? That is what I assumed. Then again, what would I know?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I am pretty sure he meant that the clothing will make you warm the rest of the time? Maybe? That is what I assumed. Then again, what would I know?
    If you re-read his reply it's clear that he was saying that shorting out the taser with conductive clothing would make the clothes get "really hot really fast".

It won't happen... maybe slightly warm if you repeatedly tazed the clothes many times but not from one or 2 uses.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    I got home from flying through Newark one time and emptied my carry-on onto my bed and realized I had accidentally slipped my whole knife collection through the security checkpoint...granted, it was "only" 8 folding blades, but some were larger than 3" in length...I had a definite woops moment...

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    the snowglobe ban is to try to eliminate tatp.

don't know why snowglobes matter though, as a sprite bottle would do the same thing.

also, from reading this thread, i don't think any of this crap matters.

look at what all everyone has snuck through BY ACCIDENT.

don't worry, terrorists are still getting what they need to from point a to point b.

keep going, things are fine today. voltaire says so.

HELP ME, CECIL!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If you re-read his reply it's clear that he was saying that shorting out the taser with conductive clothing would make the clothes get "really hot really fast".

It won't happen... maybe slightly warm if you repeatedly tazed the clothes many times but not from one or 2 uses.
    I was kind of being a smart ass...but I'm really not sure. I do know I have two small scars on my shoulders from the last time I was tased during a training. It got pretty damn warm where the leads were taped on. I smelled something burning and thought..."hey, that's me." :n00b: And I had a shirt on.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    About six months ago.. I was going to see my uncle in Oregon for christmas, flying out of Indianapolis International. So naturally, I was in jeans, a pair a boots, a shirt, and a heavy jacket. This was roughly a week before christmas if I remember right. I made it through security with this in my boot both to and from Oregon.
    5C4F26158B4D441092214A67AF459F23.jpg

(This one here^)

In my defense, I forgot I had it. In their defense, its made from Krylon, and has no metal. Still kinda scary, cause it is SHARP.

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    TAI am a former TSA Screener from Indy. I lasted 2.5 years at the old Indy airport(2002-2005). I was in the original batch of new screeners when TSA was formed.
    I can tell you for a fact that 99% of the TSA Screeners, Supervisors and Managers are Morons. Any screeners on this site, sorry, but its true.
    You could get a Nuke thru TSA if you really wanted to.
    Right before I left, the TSA Red Team came thru the Indy Airport( On my day off by the way). They are a National Test Team thats tests Airport Checkpoints thru out the country.
    Two women and two men tested Indy to see what they could get thru a checkpoint.
    Both women had real unloaded pistols strapped to the inside of their thighs and were wearing dresses.
    Both men had all the components of a IED(Inert) in their laptops.
    Guess what? ALL FOUR OF THEM MADE IT THRU CONCOURSE C CHECKPOINT. I am not making this up, it happened.
    I got so fed up with it I quit.
    TSA is a typical government agency. Manned by idiots, run by idiots and no concept of common sense.

Top Bottom