• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Keep up the stellar work Dtrap :thumbsup:. As much as I love the utilitarianism of synthetic sheaths, leather has so much more personality. The stuff some of the folks on INGO are posting look to be on par with the best guys in the business.

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    Ya do some very nice work. I am loving the supple look of your leather, the crispness of your lines and the flawless appearance of the construction.
    Great job!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well thank You! :):

Here's two of my most recent, the Busse Team Gemini 14' sheath is my Father-in-laws, and the Busse Son Of Badger is my Daughter's.

Is the pocket on the front of the Team Gemini sheath general purpose, or designed for something specific? If the latter, what?

It would be even more super cool with a loop opposite the fire steel for an EZ Lap diamond sharpening rod.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Is the pocket on the front of the Team Gemini sheath general purpose, or designed for something specific? If the latter, what?

It would be even more super cool with a loop opposite the fire steel for an EZ Lap diamond sharpening rod.

The pocket is made to hold an altoids tin, most use it to hold small survival type items, fishing line and hooks, fire tinder, water purification tabs, compass, sandpaper to sharpen with, all kinds of other stuff. Some add leather to the back of the tin to use as a strop, or sandpaper to sharpen with, or I've even polished the back of one to use as a signal mirror. :)
    Rhino, you remember this thread, https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/cutting-edge/322010-sheath-pouch-necessities.html

A loop on the other side could be added easily when the sheath was being assembled, :thumbsup:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Man, this makes me want to get into making sheathes. I have been making holsters and belts for a little while. I am making my first rifle sling now.

I need to get a good knife to start my sheath making adventure.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Dave you were suppose to make two sob sheaths!! Sir we had that discussion :(

Well, if it makes you feel any better, my SOB is still in a Kydex sheath I threw together after Blade. You know how it goes, the spoiled daughter starts pouting about not having a sheath for her knife, you help her make a sheath. :):

Top Bottom