• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Don't get me wrong. I carry every single day. I have trained. Not as much as I should I am sure, but I have worried about things like this for many years.

Unfortunately I think this situation would not have been stopped by a good guy with a gun. Dude walks in, smoke checks a guy and runs out.

Hell, if you were in the store how could you react and get to the fleeing car in time to do any good?

Carry, prepare for the worst, but realize that sometimes it won't be enough.

I have not sought out the other vids from his spree either.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Don't get me wrong. I carry every single day. I have trained. Not as much as I should I am sure, but I have worried about things like this for many years.

Unfortunately I think this situation would not have been stopped by a good guy with a gun. Dude walks in, smoke checks a guy and runs out.

Hell, if you were in the store how could you react and get to the fleeing car in time to do any good?

Carry, prepare for the worst, but realize that sometimes it won't be enough.

I have not sought out the other vids from his spree either.
    Hoping you will see this as an opportunity to brush up on your training?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    What additional training could the victim in the Auto Zone have taken to be prepared for that shooting?
    Not sure. Sometimes reaction is too late. However that doesn’t mean that one should take the position that being prepared is not going to be of value in any given situation.

Sadly sometimes people spend too much time worrying about putting static shots on paper. Unfortunately there is no one size fits all training. The important thing is to do your own threat assessment and recognize the areas one can improve on and build upon it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    These repeat violent felons should be put to death. People like this are a threat to law abiding Americans and should be put down.
    They have no place in society at all.
    Unfortunately they are useful tools of the Left. Sadly they would rather see innocent people loose their lives versus fixing the problem.

Sadly the criminally insane are allowed to be present in society.

Big Red must be rubbing off on me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Unfortunately they are useful tools of the Left. Sadly they would rather see innocent people loose their lives versus fixing the problem.

This is why I said we have became soft on crime, and punishment over the last 100+ years in a different thread.
    If you are a violent felon and have multiple arrests for violent crimes be it murder or any other violent crimes you should be put down.
    A violent felon that has demonstrated they will continue to do such acts need the death penalty, and not 50 years later.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    This is why I said we have became soft on crime, and punishment over the last 100+ years in a different thread.
    If you are a violent felon and have multiple arrests for violent crimes be it murder or any other violent crimes you should be put down.
    A violent felon that has demonstrated they will continue to do such acts need the death penalty, and not 50 years later.
    Yes you are 1000% correct, oddly enough I received a letter from the ……. Department of Corrections notifying me of an Inmate transfer to a lower security facility.

All it took was a few emails from the right places and the POS will remain right where he is.

Society needs to address the mental health crisis and part of that assessment needs to be accepting the fact that not every one is a candidate for reform.

There is evil in this World, and it is past due to bring back institutions like insane asylums .

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

Maybe a little, but you need a lot more ******* ******** words to more completely emulate Big Red!

Top Bottom