• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I seldom respond on anonymous web pages.

However, let me set the record straight.

When the gentleman called me complaining about the information he had obtained from a local police officer about the Marshal refusing to sign NFA paperwork, I had a lengthy, polite conversation with him.

I asked if he had actually spoke with the Marshal (He had not.) and directed him to do so. It is always best to go to the source and solve the issue. I did not say that Marshal Voils had a good reason. Again, the complainant had not spoken to the Marshal. (And note that my advice was followed and the issue resolved.)

I also directed him with how to make a complaint on the Marshal if need be.

I did not refuse to sign any paperwork. However, it is my belief that paperwork such as this be started by the local CLEO.

If one is to use my name in a story, please be sure to use it truthfully. Again, my reason for not posting on anonymous web pages.

There are few more pro-Second Amendment law enforcement officers or Sheriff's in our Republic than I.

Should you wish to discuss this further, I may be reached at the Boone County Sheriff's Office, 765-482-1412. I will not respond to comments on the web page.

Respectfully,

Sheriff Ken Campbell

If you would have read the entire post, you would have seen that I didn't say the Marshall refused to sign. I said that the officer who answered the phone wouldn't let me speak with the Chief of Police.

Our conversation was not lengthy, it lasted two and a half minutes.

I never stated that you refused to sign, simply that you informed me that it was out of your jurisdiction. At the time I did not know that the Boone County Sheriff could also sign off on it. Either you also didn't know this or you knew but decided not to inform me.

You did inform me that I could file a complaint but I let you know that I'd rather stay on good terms and get this resolved than to **** everyone off and have to spend the extra money starting a trust.

If you feel I have wronged your name, I do apologize but I feel I stated everything as factually as possible. I posted the incident within a matter of minutes as it was still all very fresh in my memory.

I do not wish to discuss this further as the short call left enough of a bad taste in my mouth. While you are a very pro 2A sheriff, you were less than helpful and rather curt. As I stated before, I will not file any complaint or would have ever considered legal action. I will let my voting do the talking.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    If you would have read the entire post, you would have seen that I didn't say the Marshall refused to sign. I said that the officer who answered the phone wouldn't let me speak with the Chief of Police.

I never stated that you refused to sign, simply that you informed me that it was out of your jurisdiction. At the time I did not know that the Boone County Sheriff could also sign off on it. Either you also didn't know this or you knew but decided not to inform me.

You did inform me that I could file a complaint but I let you know that I'd rather stay on good terms and get this resolved than to **** everyone off and have to spend the extra money starting a trust.

If you feel I have wronged your name, I do apologize but I feel I stated everything as factually as possible. I posted the incident within a matter of minutes as it was still all very fresh in my memory.

I do not wish to discuss this further as the short call left enough of a bad taste in my mouth. While you are a very pro 2A sheriff, you were less than helpful and rather curt. As I stated before, I will not file any complaint or would have ever considered legal action. I will let my voting do the talking.

:facepalm:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

You sir, don't get it.. I know Ken and his words hold much more credence with me than yours. BTW, when it comes to your vote, you obviously don't know he's retiring.
    You got your sig now maybe you should let it go.

Bob

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    You sir, don't get it.. I know Ken and his words hold much more credence with me than yours. BTW, when it comes to your vote, you obviously don't know he's retiring.
    You got your sig now maybe you should let it go.

Bob

I would think its obvious that his words would hold more weight to YOU because you know him and obviously don't know me (pretty much applies in any situation). And you are right, I haven't been following his career so its news to me that he's retiring.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    the probably reserve deputy who probably works 16 hours a month who probably has no idea what the NFA or a form 4 is? The same one who is probably well aware of department policy now? yeah...problems

Yeah let's blame it on a "reserve" guy as if most full-timers are NFA and form 4 experts. Whether it was a reserve or not yeah, problems.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    And this should be the only problem you have with anyone!

Being that Sheriff Campbell has signed off on Form 4s several times, I would have hoped he would have let me know that he could also sign it if I was unable to obtain the Thorntown Chief of Police signature. He pretty much told me sorry about your luck and here's how you go about filing a complaint...

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Being that Sheriff Campbell has signed off on Form 4s several times, I would have hoped he would have let me know that he could also sign it if I was unable to obtain the Thorntown Chief of Police signature. He pretty much told me sorry about your luck and here's how you go about filing a complaint...

I'll draw it out for you the way most of us see it.

Title of thread " :noway: Local LEO won't sign form 4"

When in fact you didn't really know that!

Point two, you confess that you :xmad: call Sherrif Campbell about something you shouldn't have even bothered him with! You said you made this thread while everything was fresh in your head, why didn't you take some time and think about what you should do? Like contact your Chief of police rather than take the word of someone that answered the phone!

Why did you tell the person on the phone what you needed to talk to the Chief of police about? He didn't need to know that, you could have avoided this whole mess by simply keeping that to yourself.

Last edited:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I'll draw it out for you the way most of us see it.

Title of thread " :noway: Local LEO won't sign form 4"

When in fact you didn't really know that!

Point two, you confess that you :xmad: call Sherrif Campbell about something you shouldn't have even bothered him with! You said you made this thread while everything was fresh in your head, why didn't you take some time and think about what you should do? Like contact your Chief of police rather than take the word of someone that answered the phone!

Why did you tell the person on the phone what you needed to talk to the Chief of police about? He didn't need to know that, you could have avoided this whole mess by simply keeping that to yourself.

Haha whatever you say chief :bow:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Anyone talking smack about Ken isn't going to get a very good reception anywhere in the firearms community. Ken is a no BS straight talker that doesn't sugar coat anything. That may get some peoples panties all twisted up but oh well. The bottom line is the Op got some bad information somewhere. It was corrected once he got the right person. In the process he made a big on line fiasco over essentially nothing.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Anyone talking smack about Ken isn't going to get a very good reception anywhere in the firearms community. Ken is a no BS straight talker that doesn't sugar coat anything. That may get some peoples panties all twisted up but oh well. The bottom line is the Op got some bad information somewhere. It was corrected once he got the right person. In the process he made a big on line fiasco over essentially nothing.

/thread

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have met, talked to, and trained with Sheriff Ken.

I know Marshall Voyles, he lives down the road from my parents, AND he's pulled me over when he worked in Jamestown :D

Those 2 are stand up guys.

HUGE FAIL on the OP's part.

Top Bottom