• Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just in case you need a quick reference:

IC 35-47-11.1-2
    Political subdivision regulation of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories prohibited
    Sec. 2. Except as provided in section 4 of this chapter, a political subdivision may not regulate:
    (1) firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories;
    (2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; and
    (3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition, and firearm accessories.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Was just told by a Highland softballfield supervisor I couod not display my weapon and that it was against town ordinance. I explained a town code didn't trump state law. They referred me to some sign to which I replied that doesn't hold the weight of law. My gf says just go put it in the car.... I says no.HPD may be responding
    Hopefully this all works out alright and HPD don't hassle you. Tagging for interest. :popcorn:

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref....45981.100001173252070&__user=100001173252070

Was asked to go put my weapon away in the car, their sign was pointed out at one entrance.... not the entrance I went through. Ofc J Basaniak who was a supervisor stated he was aware of no state law that trumped a local ordinance.

From the town website today:

11.10.110*Firearms, weapons, explosives, missiles, and the like.

(A)*No person shall carry firearms of any description, air or gas guns, slingshots, explosives, fireworks, or missile throwing or propelling devices within the parks.(B)*The use of shotguns, rifles, pistols, or other type firearms shall not be allowed and is prohibited.

Without going into too much detail here I left and the officer watched my family leave.

HPD will be receiving my call tomorrow.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    https://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref....45981.100001173252070&__user=100001173252070

Was asked to go put my weapon away in the car, their sign was pointed out at one entrance.... not the entrance I went through. Ofc J Basaniak who was a supervisor stated he was aware of no state law that trumped a local ordinance.

(A)*No person shall carry firearms of any description, air or gas guns, slingshots, explosives, fireworks, or missile throwing or propelling devices within the parks.(B)*The use of shotguns, rifles, pistols, or other type firearms shall not be allowed and is prohibited.

Without going into too much detail here I left and the officer watched my family leave.

The Hammond lawsuit against an ordinance on the books being illegal has effectively been dismissed from the ISC so do not rely on the ordinance existing alone as reasoning for legal action. Hopefully that will be remedied soon though.

Good luck getting all that sorted out.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    Beechwood park Rockville In. has a no firearms sign at east entrance but the west entrance sign says nothing about firearms. 55mi west from indy to U.S. 41 so. 1/4 mi.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

The Officer is wrong, but apparently that doesn't matter much..

IC 35-47-11.1-2
    Political subdivision regulation of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories prohibited
    Sec. 2. Except as provided in section 4 of this chapter, a political subdivision may not regulate:
    (1) firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories;
    (2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; and
    (3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition, and firearm accessories.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Hammond lawsuit against an ordinance on the books being illegal has effectively been dismissed from the ISC so do not rely on the ordinance existing alone as reasoning for legal action. Hopefully that will be remedied soon though.

Good luck getting all that sorted out.

Hammod stated they wouldn't enforce their law. These folks definitely were.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Call Guy Relford..

^^^THIS

Shut your mouth and call Guy. Then let HIM call HPD.

And for the love of all that is right in this world...Why on earth did you leave? (rhetorical question) Should have stayed there and made them physically remove you. You would have had a much better case.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ^^^THIS

Shut your mouth and call Guy. Then let HIM call HPD.

And for the love of all that is right in this world...Why on earth did you leave? (rhetorical question) Should have stayed there and made them physically remove you. You would have had a much better case.

Maybe he had a better use of his time and $$ than to spend it in the pokey for a couple hours and then get bailed out?

Not everyone has the time/dedication/$$ for bail/$$ for BS legal defense... Just sayin... :dunno:

Yeah, better spent in this minor instance to simply move on and let Guy handle it (if he chooses to).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Although you know those annoying stickers PETA folks put on the bottom of stop signs that just say say "eating animals"? We need some printed up that say something like "Illegal rule. See Indiana Code 35-47-11.1-2" and maybe even have the details in fine print if there is room . Much like those no gun = no $$$$ cards we can print, we could stick them over the "no firearms allowed" part of the signs? Yeah, I know. no sense stooping to "vandalism" to further our cause... :(

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My children are with me for the summer, they know where I stand on this and what I was willing to do. However my exwife hearing of an arrest would not work in my favor.

No arrest was effected and for the most part I wouldn't doubt the incident report will reflect a "consenual encounter" and therefore no case. Only battle would be to remove the sign and remove the ordinance from the books. I really don't mind a night in the slammer but I'm not sure my son would care to bare witness. Fellas, so help me I had planned for this but the cop wasn't hearing it. It was like arguing with a drunk female...

OC party in Highland? You bet. Sunday softball games are around 5:30. Older umpire is retired HPD and I'd imagine was the "legal adviser" of that think tank. He had spoken to me first about returning the weapon to my car.

I do work next sunday tho so I can't make it.

Top Bottom