• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I am not a Mosin fan, out of all of the surplus WWII bolt action rifles it's probably the absolute last on the list, that I would spend money on acquiring.

But then again some of the rifles in that category are simply outstanding, like Springfield's, Lee-Enfield's & Mauser's, are the ones that I would look at acquiring first, then maybe Carcano's, Arisaka's & Mosin's in that order, after wards.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Snipers have long used the .308 round for a reason. It's widely available & deadly. Savage is making some great weapons at an affordable price. Accutrigger is cool.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have looked at the savage stuff and like alot of there rifles. The accutrigger is a very cool part of the gun, and they are very reasonable on price. Ill probably get something made by them

nickl16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    I just recently picked up a Savage Model 10 .308 it has the 20" barrel and is quite accurate at 50-100 yds but I don't have any ranges by me to try it out at 500. The recoil is not bad at all and I am all of 5' 7" and 130 lbs. The accutrigger and removable mag. is nice.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I just recently picked up a Savage Model 10 .308 it has the 20" barrel and is quite accurate at 50-100 yds but I don't have any ranges by me to try it out at 500. The recoil is not bad at all and I am all of 5' 7" and 130 lbs. The accutrigger and removable mag. is nice.

Cool thanks for the reply. What did the rifle cost? Any way you could post a pic?

nickl16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    It was a Christmas present from my dad, I believe it was $699 before the bipod and scope. I can't really recommend a good scope for you as I only have a 4-12X40 Cabela brand out of their clearance section but for now it will work. I do plan on a much better scope in the future but money is kinda tight right now.

IMAG0111.jpg

nickl16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    It is part of their Law Enforcement series, on Savages website it is the Model 10 precision carbine and is also available in .223. I looked at the remington 700's but the reviews had seemed a bit spotty lately and I couldn't find any bad reviews on this. Match ammo is not particularly cheap but I have shot a bit of surplus ammo I picked up and it shoots fine.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Very nice gun! Thats pretty much what im looking to get. Although im more of a black stock kind of guy. Im goin to stop by the gun shop one day this week an check out a few guns an see if i can find anything I can afford.

Top Bottom