Longtime liberal friend wants to buy a gun now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So do we write those people of as lost causes too? Do we call them our enemy? Or do we work to educate them and try to bring them around?

I dunno. I agree we should be getting as many people on our side as we can. Its just VERY hard to reconcile that against knowing these idiots did everything they could to infringe on our rights, until suddenly when it suits them, they are on board. It strikes me as the related issue we have discussed here before; "I dont need to prep. If the :poop: hits the fan, I'll just come to your house! You'll have plenty of supplies and weapons."

In the end I'd probably help. But not after a brief dressing down. I hate opportunistic people. ESPECIALLY those that think they know what is best for me. And now that they realize Im the one who really knew better, suddenly when its advantageous for them they are on board.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I think you guys are being fooled, believe that once the lightbulb supposedly comes on, that it stays on.

If somebody is a liberal past 25 there is no hope IMHO.

Rare exceptions, but most never really change.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I've had two of my friends approach me in the past 2 months. Apparently I'm the "Crazy Gun Dude".

I've turned them both away, too much liability to get into.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Its a trap.
    Liberals feel, they do not think.
    The bigest lie you can tell yourself is that your enemies act act of base instinct, but you yourself, act out of logic, and good reasoning.*

People are people, regardless of political persuasion.

If you convince 1 out of 100, then you still have one less enemy.

Reminds me of a .sig I've seen somewhere on INGO...

EDIT: * Yes, I do this. Way too much.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think you guys are being fooled, believe that once the lightbulb supposedly comes on, that it stays on.

If somebody is a liberal past 25 there is no hope IMHO.

Rare exceptions, but most never really change.

If I waste my time on 99, but win 1 over, then I'm 1 ahead of where I was before.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I taught a woman to shoot that had been anti-gun.
    The gun was then used to defend herself.
    Had I told her to F-Off, she would be dead.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've had two of my friends approach me in the past 2 months. Apparently I'm the "Crazy Gun Dude".

I've turned them both away, too much liability to get into.

:dunno:

So now helping get people into loving guns and supporting the 2A is a liability?

W.T.F.

I never thought I'd see the day where gun owners become the elitist.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The bigest lie you can tell yourself is that your enemies act act of base instinct, but you yourself, act out of logic, and good reasoning.

People are people, regardless of political persuasion.

Reminds me of a .sig I've seen somewhere on INGO...

Bullchit.

Example: rioting and looting of recent

People dont act like that.

Well maybe evil ones do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :dunno:

So now helping get people into loving guns and supporting the 2A is a liability?

W.T.F.

I never thought I'd see the day where gun owners become the elitist.

Liability can be measured in many ways outside just the legal aspects.
    I have turned away from a couple of people such as what IJ is referring to because they were just off the rails people. Not improper citizens or law breakers just Bat:poop: loose screws Liberals. 1 worked with the spouse at one point and knew we were 2-A and she used to ride me hard about that. Until she became concerned but experience in life showed me the exit on that one.

The other was a sister to a long time "Friend" and she was on the same level. No way on Gods earth were either of these 2 learning to shoot a hand gun by me.

There in you will see the liability's so WTF is the issue here. I have as has IJ brought many people into the 2-A world. Men woman and children but I pick and choose who to stand next to at the line.

Good God.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    NSFW!!!

Colion-6-4-20.png

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    She came over a few days ago and shocked me with these opening words. "I need to get a gun to protect myself"
    I about fell to the ground. She is a hard core liberal who has hated firearms for as long as I've known her. Going on 24 years now.
    She wanted to see the different types of handguns and she fell in love with my Ruger LCRX 38 Spl.
    I told her she needs to get the new free 5 year permit started. I helped her as she filled the information out online. She requested my help Tomorrow selecting a new revolver and getting her finger printing done and information sent in.

Here is the biggest surprise of all. She said she is starting to see what I've been going on about all these years, and Trump wasn't as bad as she thought he was.
    I was shocked yet again.
    She doesn't like all this lawlessness that the Democrat party is embracing. I really hope she is waking up enough to vote out the Democrats come November.

I thought I would share this with INGO. It kind of uplifted my spirits, and I hope it does yours as well. Maybe a lot more liberals are doing the same around the country. I sure hope so.

Yes, it did. I hope it continues to work out well.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I understand what you're saying...BUT..
    Do you want to revel in being right, and risk losing the "fight"?
    Or do you want to turn an opponent into an ally?

Yep. Helping them into the boat is better—hopefully it’ll be a couple more hands to help with the rowing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Liability can be measured in many ways outside just the legal aspects.
    I have turned away from a couple of people such as what IJ is referring to because they were just off the rails people. Not improper citizens or law breakers just Bat:poop: loose screws Liberals. 1 worked with the spouse at one point and knew we were 2-A and she used to ride me hard about that. Until she became concerned but experience in life showed me the exit on that one.

The other was a sister to a long time "Friend" and she was on the same level. No way on Gods earth were either of these 2 learning to shoot a hand gun by me.

There in you will see the liability's so WTF is the issue here. I have as has IJ brought many people into the 2-A world. Men woman and children but I pick and choose who to stand next to at the line.

Good God.

I typed up a response, then the website lost it... so let me remember...

OK, OK, there's plenty of BSC people out there on the left and right, but that's not exactly what this thread is about. Let's agree that as responsible gun owners, those are people we need to ... um... redirect.

However, this thread is about liberals. And there was absolutely no context in indyjohn's post to make us think they are "crazy". (go ahead, read it again). So I can only conclude, given the thread title... if I'm wrong, he can tell me.

This litmus test of voting record will not end well for us. I don't care for liberal politics at all, but excluding Liberal Debbie because she voted for Bernie and voted for Planned Parenthood isn't right. If we carry on with this mindset we will find us only reduced in numbers and eventually dismissed as a small minority, then the 2A will be repealed. It seems like INGO's response to the left's attack is to complain online or just chuck a couple of bucks at the NRA. But, suddenly an opportunity to create allies drops in our lap, and our response is, "here's the name of an NRA instructor...". Really?

Acteon is right - converting others to the joys of shooting and convincing them of the importance of the 2A is the only way.

CM - I think we might be on the same page, but perhaps we're talking past each other.

Maybe it's the Mezcal talking, but maybe we could stop calling them crazy, evil liberals, as if they're some sub-human species, and start acting like they're people that might be open to seeing the light.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom