Longtime liberal friend wants to buy a gun now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    While Jesus died to save anybody ( even liberals )....there were explicit rules about such salvation.

It is His way or the highway ( to Hell ).

Just because a liberal wants a gun, that doesnt mean the conversion process to non liberal has begun.

One hollwyood gal was rabidly anti gun, til she ahot herself w her husbands pistol.

Still anti gun......for you and me. Not her

Thats the way liberals think.
    iMHO any change now is temporary or excludes them from changing......its merely liberals getting guns.

They are still liberal and pretending to " see the light " is an attempt at getting info or items cheaper faster.

Nothing more.

Like I said.....instructors and classes have been around for a long while. Why contact a " friend " when a certified trainer is available?

Classes classes classes, liberals love the idea of mandated classes, for sensitivity and other.

Many have said mandated gun classes befpre purchase should be law.

And now they want a buddy to help em?

Cheapskates. Nothing more.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Someone explain to me why a person can't see the value and support the second amendment, while at the same time holding a different view than us in other aspects of politics.

Personally, I like the thought of moving the 2A out of the political realm and just having it be something that all Americans hold sacred.

The only way that will happen is if there's a change inside the democrat party at the grassroots level, and that has to start with getting liberals to love guns.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So all non gun owning voting democrats are hypocrites......Hummm.... The things I learn on INGO....

No, D voters that now want a gun after repeatedly voting for candidates that want to take away our guns, and they (along with their candidates) tell us that "you dont need that [insert gun type here]" are hypocrites.

When you and your party repeatedly tell me I dont need something, then suddenly decide maybe I was right after all because now YOU see the need. Yeah. You're a hypocrite.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My take on the politics of it is simple, leadership doesn't like the idea of every day people owning weapons. It's probably been that way since civilizations were organized and it's likely never going to change. That said, in a democracy, if you can be tossed out of your job by the people, and the people want weapons, leadership will have to make some allowances. This moves back and forth and in my more than 6 decades I've seen it move back and forth following events. When you hear city leadership talking about showing the police force the door while violent mobs are on the loose, the opinion of owning weapons changes. The last good example of this was 9/11 and Katrina.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    While Jesus died to save anybody ( even liberals )....there were explicit rules about such salvation.

It is His way or the highway ( to Hell ).

Just because a liberal wants a gun, that doesnt mean the conversion process to non liberal has begun.

One hollwyood gal was rabidly anti gun, til she ahot herself w her husbands pistol.

Still anti gun......for you and me. Not her

Thats the way liberals think.
    iMHO any change now is temporary or excludes them from changing......its merely liberals getting guns.

They are still liberal and pretending to " see the light " is an attempt at getting info or items cheaper faster.

Nothing more.

Like I said.....instructors and classes have been around for a long while. Why contact a " friend " when a certified trainer is available?

Classes classes classes, liberals love the idea of mandated classes, for sensitivity and other.

Many have said mandated gun classes befpre purchase should be law.

And now they want a buddy to help em?

Cheapskates. Nothing more.

Yes. Lepers, the lot of them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    To clarify about my liberal friend. She was raised around firearms while at home, her father and brother were hunters, and target shooters. She grew up went to college became a liberal. She even shot firearms while she was living with her parents. I really think she is waking up to what is really going on. I hope she is anyway.

My niece grew up shooting, including AR 15s.
    After going to college, she's now talked about "Assault Weapons".
    They're talking about the guns you grew up with.
    She stated they were only talking about the "machine guns".
    I had to tell her to do better research.

Damn college education.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I actually had a liberal friend that told me he believed in the right to defend yourself with a firearm and even told me me more than once about his 15 SHOT Beretta 92 that he owned. When I mentioned I had bought an AR he came totally unglued! "NO ONE should have the right to own one of those military guns!" Really? As I recall the Beretta 92 was a military gun. Funny thing my AR has never had more than 10 rounds in it at any time I owned it. Anyway it was the last time I ever contacted him.

I know two or three women like that.
    THEIR pistol is okay.
    But OTHER guns (rifles) are not.

They brought up..
    Speed of bullet.. rifle bullets go faster, even in bolt actions.
    Rate of fire.. your pistol has the same rate of fire.
    Magazine capacity.. your pistol mag can be changed with a bigger one.

Yet they still don't understand.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    No, D voters that now want a gun after repeatedly voting for candidates that want to take away our guns, and they (along with their candidates) tell us that "you dont need that [insert gun type here]" are hypocrites.

When you and your party repeatedly tell me I dont need something, then suddenly decide maybe I was right after all because now YOU see the need. Yeah. You're a hypocrite.

So its bad when some democrats vote for the person that is the lesser of two evils within their party that has more values that align with their beliefs... And guns may or may not be part of that voters beliefs... Like so many Republicans that voted for President Trump because he was the lesser evil in 2016.

In reality not all democrats hate guns....

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I know two or three women like that.
    THEIR pistol is okay.
    But OTHER guns (rifles) are not.

They brought up..
    Speed of bullet.. rifle bullets go faster, even in bolt actions.
    Rate of fire.. your pistol has the same rate of fire.
    Magazine capacity.. your pistol mag can be changed with a bigger one.

Yet they still don't understand.

Lots of gun owners are like that... Lots.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Democrats love guns (dependent upon whose hands they are in).
    In order to create a registry and
    eventually to decide what kind of gun if any the public can possess it will take guns to enforce the measures they promote.
    The same can be said of some in the Republican Party.
    Trump at least has not advocated making a Beto type as his gun control Czar.
    Trump has not yet advocated taking your “AR 14” as has Biden.
    Of course he could be just one crazed mass murderer away from doing so.
    Anyone who promotes “gun control”
    will in all likelyhood have to use guns or at least the threat of guns to
    enforce their edicts.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

No, being a hypocrite would be telling you don't need something while using that thing themselves. Someone realizing they may have been wrong in the past is personal growth.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Always uplifting to see these stories. Hold onto your butts when you read this but I myself fall on the left side of the fence and I have voted as such since I was legally able but on the same token I've been shooting/training for 24 years. It's always a good day when I can get one of my own to take a taste on the firing line and see firsthand their realization that what they feared is not such a fear they should have been bandwagoning. Change one and they'll change another, be the change you want to see. If you want to be smug and slam the club door then thats your bed to make and there's no judgement from me.

How on Gods green earth can you rationalize voting liberal and being pro 2A. Please stop voting in the problem.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, being a hypocrite would be telling you don't need something while using that thing themselves. Someone realizing they may have been wrong in the past is personal growth.

OK, So I guess I dont have much sympathy for formerly hypocritical dems. Its still offensive to me for me to see the writing on the wall and know we need to be armed, only to be told repeatedly no we dont, thats what police are for. Over, and over, and over. Back and forth. Yes we do, no you dont. Yes we do, no you dont. And now finally OK, I need one now, so I guess its OK for you to have one too. F*** that! Only now that because you decide its now appropriate for YOU, Its now OK for me?

Sorry, I guess I'm still a bit sore over the last 25 years of putting up with their crap, only to be told its now OK ONLY because THEY now think THEY need the ability too. No, it was OK then, you were just too obtuse to realize it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    OK, So I guess I dont have much sympathy for formerly hypocritical dems. Its still offensive to me for me to see the writing on the wall and know we need to be armed, only to be told repeatedly no we dont, thats what police are for. Over, and over, and over. Back and forth. Yes we do, no you dont. Yes we do, no you dont. And now finally OK, I need one now, so I guess its OK for you to have one too. F*** that! Only now that because you decide its now appropriate for YOU, Its now OK for me?

Sorry, I guess I'm still a bit sore over the last 25 years of putting up with their crap, only to be told its now OK ONLY because THEY now think THEY need the ability too. No, it was OK then, you were just too obtuse to realize it.

I get all of that. As a group, I'm fine saying screw the anti-gun crowd. But at the individual level I see someone willing to reevaluate their beliefs as an opportunity to turn an opponent into an ally.

I refuse to believe people can't change. That's the mindset that leads to cancel culture. That **** is toxic.

Top Bottom