looking for a competition knife after the chop in????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    but don't wanna break the bank? have no fear tier zero tyler is here! the browning crowell barker will fit your needs wonderfully, the added bonus is it is not just a one trick pony you can use it as a camp knife as well. for only $130 you can have yourself a chopper of the highest order.

A.G. Russell Knives | Browning® Crowell and Barker Competition Knife

A few more dollars and you'll have an ESEE Junglas? So, fill us in blade guru. Is this a bette blade than the ESEE Junglas?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    A few more dollars and you'll have an ESEE Junglas? So, fill us in blade guru. Is this a bette blade than the ESEE Junglas?

about the same. the difference being the design and shape of the knife, the crowell barker being made for competition BUT is also able to be used as an outdoor/camp knife unlike most competition blades being purpose built for comps like the benchmade 171.

Benchmade Osborne Chopper 171 [BM171] - $413.18CDN : Warriors and Wonders

I'm just trying to help you get a better time que.;)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    :dunno: what seems to be the problem with the Junglas? I dont see one.
    Maybe a little better edge to be put on it before a chop in but I think everyone who used them right out of the bag sort of speak did very well.
    Especailly Que.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    :dunno: what seems to be the problem with the Junglas? I dont see one.
    Maybe a little better edge to be put on it before a chop in but I think everyone who used them right out of the bag sort of speak did very well.
    Especailly Que.

nothing wrong with it, it did great but it wasn't designed for cutting competitions being the difference between the two, not knocking you sheila.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    No Tyler I really didnt take it that way. No worries. The Junglas was made to survive in the Jungle. Look at what you deal with in a jungle.

Good video but I was not impressed with the empty can cutting. I think many knives would cut the can if you angled the knife like he did. All in all though the knife looks like it would be a good contender in a chop in. :yesway: I also liked the lanyard being closer to the front of the blade. It made it a lot more secure in your hand which is safer. Another plus. He states though that a factory does not put that kind of an edge on a knife so ....... does that mean that his knife comes sharp that way from the factory?

Edit::: Never mind after watching it again he is stating that it does and most other knives do not.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Yikes!!! I leave for a few hours and look what happens. First off....Our Chop-IN is suppose to be a fun thing/event for our members. This is not a professional event where money is on the line or sponsorship or any of the other benefits that come with being a "professional chopper". IMO: Taking this event to the next level will take the fun out of this event. As far as the Junglas not being a "competition" chopper, this is true, but all of the knives that were used in Saturdays event including the Busse knives are not "competition" choppers. IMO: I think anyone that wants to show up with any type of blade whether it's a letter opener or a huge machete should be allowed to participate in the event. I think the safety aspect and nailing down the stations should be what we concentrate on instead of turning this into a pissing match about who can spend the most money on a "competition" chopper. :twocents:

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I don't see any pissing match, there has been a bunch of talk about people looking for choppers so I presented this as an affordable option for those who want to compete but also want something to use for other tasks. and trust me none of us there would be considered pros I myself am FAR from it.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I also agree with brad about making the event more inviting for EVERYONE and we are making changes and additions to accommodate this for the next chop in.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom