looking for a competition knife after the chop in????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    I did horrible at the chopetition, but i had waaaay more fun than i could have imagined.

Edit: regardless of the blade used it still requires the force behind the blade to get a good time. I think those who used junglases were very well suited to the competition so were the busses and so were the kukris. I enjoyed seeing how different knives performed and how people went about it differently. It was a good time and i cant wait for the next one!

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I did horrible at the chopetition, but i had waaaay more fun than i could have imagined.

Edit: regardless of the blade used it still requires the force behind the blade to get a good time. I think those who used junglases were very well suited to the competition so were the busses and so were the kukris. I enjoyed seeing how different knives performed and how people went about it differently. It was a good time and i cant wait for the next one!

^^^^THIS^^^^

Well said...physical strength and endurance does have a lot to do with how well you do.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I gotta get streamlined for the next one (I'm looking like chunk from the goonies out there) so I can lay the smack down. I think I'm going to build a little mini chop station for fun
    url

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    So, if Que bought one of those, would he win the contest and more importantly would he get his brownies and cookies?

Just sayin ;)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    To any of you who are interested in this Browning knife I am offering an INGO SPECIAL

Special on this knife for $110 + any shipping fees if needed.

You will be saving $20. :yesway:

Contact me so I can order one for those interested. :D

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The Junglas is a full 5 ounces heavier than the Browning. And its an inch and a half longer. Assuming they were equal in every other way, How much difference would the extra weight and length make when it comes to chopping? Just curious. Looks like an awesome blade though.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The Junglas is a full 5 ounces heavier than the Browning. And its an inch and a half longer. Assuming they were equal in every other way, How much difference would the extra weight and length make when it comes to chopping? Just curious. Looks like an awesome blade though.

I would think so...it's all physics....extra weight and length would give you more momentum/force, thus more cutting power. This would assume that they had simliar blade edges and the person making the chop used the same effort or force when swinging the knife. I'm sure someone with more knowledge about physics can explain this better than I just did.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I'm pretty sure she's referring to the Browning. If she's not, I need some cash back for the ESEE I just ordered! :):

You are correct sir. It is for the Browning knife. Just trying to give the members a better price than A.G. Russell. :D

You are good to go on your Junglas my friend. :D

Top Bottom