• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Ok i have around $500-700 to buy a "fun gun". Not sure exactly what i want. Thought about a tec9 or something like that, but i read horrible reviews about it, then i thought about maybe a 50 cal. handgun like a desert eagle or something, but those are out of my price range. Im going up to midwest to look around this weekend, but i would like some suggestions for some fun guns. Also was thinking about some "tactical handgun" that i could turn into a SBR or something. So let me have it, help me decide!

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SPRINGFIELD XDMc!!!! (you could go with a full size, but I ***LOVE*** my compact)
    It is a great gun to shoot. Easy on the hands, tiny trigger reset, nice looking, reliable and has accessory possibilities!!!!
    Get the new version the XDM. It comes in 9mm and .40 cal.
    I also know that the XD (the 'old' model) comes in .45 cal, but that is expensive to shoot....nothing against the old guy on the block, either.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    saiga 12, no other gun has put a bigger smile on my face shooting. I think someone up in your neck of the woods has a decent priced drum for it too. Cheap to feed, go to wally world and stock up on the federal bulk packs. As cheap to shoot than 9mm.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    I'd get an Excel Arms X-22P.
    800_DSC_4669.JPG

Image is from Excel Arms' website, link here. Basically it looks like a TEC-22 made properly. Accepts Ruger 10/22 magazines.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'm not gonna lie, my Tec-9 is a blast to shoot. Makes you feel like a little kid. And with your price range you can pickup the gun and a ton of ammo, because you will need it. :): That 32 round mag empties fast, real fast.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    S&W 15-22 (planning on the rifle for my next gun)

rifle:

SW_CatList_MP1522.jpg

or handgun:

813000_01_md.jpg

Although I don't see the pistol listed on S&W's site except in the archive section.

Last edited:

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    For around $700 you could get a Ruger Mark II or III pistol, and a 10/22 and then do a bit of customizing to either or both.

My experience is that 22lr is the best "bang for the buck" I know of, you can shoot all day dirt cheap and the number of Ruger aftermarket parts are amazing if you are into customizing.

Just depends what you want to do with it I suppose...but cheap ammo and more than one gun sounds pretty good to me.

Your mileage may vary :)

-Drew

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I saw that GSG 1911 thread and am truly thinking about trying to find one this weekend. A 1911 22 that most parts are interchangeable sounds like a great fun little toy.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I own most calibers and I gotta say my 22/45 slabside ruger mklll is by far the funnest one to shoot followed by the redhawk 44 mag.

Top Bottom