• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Wasn't aware there were issues with the Keltec PMR -- have read several glowing reviews on INGO in recent months.

The only issues I know of with the PMR-30 are:

[1] There was some keyholing with certain brands of 40 gr bullets in the fluted barrel--now all new PMR-30's have a solid barrel and Kel-Tec will ship you one free if you give them a call. Distribution was tempoirarily halted while the new barrels were installed. (Not a recall...)

[2] As with loading ALL rimmed cartridges, you have to follow directions in order to avoid rimlock. (Also not a recall...)

[3] Since some non-domestic ammo manufacturers make out-of-spec ammo, Kel-Tec recommends domestic .22 WMR only. (Also not a recall...)

[4] Kel-Tec cannot make the PMR-30 fast enough to meet demand. While the MSRP is just over $400, most are priced at $550 or more...

The PMR-30 is THE MOST FUN GUN in my collection--the most fun you can have standing up and properly attired. Look up FUN GUN in the dictionary and there's a picture of a PMR-30 right there. :twocents:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Probably my favorite would be my WASR Ak47. Pretty cheap to shoot. It will run anything. Makes alot of noise and will destroy whatever you aim it at. Still plenty of ways to dress it up like a AR but a cheaper and easier to use gun.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Id have to go with a GSG5, I love mine, the GF loves to shoot it also. Plus they are in your price range, and you can afford to shoot it more than once a month, And they look cool!

This. I had one, dressed it properly with rails, optics, collapsible stock, etc. Ran thousands of rounds through it before selling it at a very good price. Not a single person who shot it put it down without a smile on their face. Its a hassle to clean and reassemble, but its a really great gun for any age group.
    The only real con is that it does tend to want peppier .22lr ammo to properly cycle than the 1500 bulk pack stuff. Never went wrong with CCI minimags or velocitors.

This is pretty much what I was running at a $700 investment ( I had 5 mags, though, a reflex sight):

img0700e.jpg

cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    PMR - 30 - if you get a good one. Some are having problems.

Mark II or III - great 22 pistol and will have cash left over.

Saiga 12 or 410

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Had some friends out to range recently with several different guns to shoot bigest hits 22's and shotguns cheapest to play with.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Last edited:

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Polish PPS, shoots the 7.62x25 round, and under 300.00 dollars.
    I love mine, it looks awesome, very accurate, takes down easy.
    Ammo is pretty cheap also,

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    would concur on the Idea of an XD in 9mm. I don't own a 9mm XD but i do have a .45 XD Compact that was so easy to learn to shoot well and after that first 1000 rounds, the trigger smooths up really nice. My fun gun I bought this year...Glock 19, and some of those Korean 30 rnd mags (which actually work, whereas my Glock 33 rnd FTfeed at times). Lots of fun. And can be carried as a defense piece.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Have you ever fired a black powder pistol ? I started casting my own round ball years ago. Purchased a Ruger Old Army for my first black powder gun. The addiction began but the most fun i've experienced was with this Dragoon pistol. 50gr of powder will definitely make you smile. Alot of people dismiss this branch of the hobby because loading the pistol is somewhat time consuming but for the fun factor, i love it!

1848Dragoonweb.jpg

Top Bottom