• ...and so much more!
  • Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    Sig 522, M&P15-22 or any other ful size 22lr tactacool rifle. I just picked up a Sig 522 and that rifle is awesome fun! Cheap to shoot also. Win, win to me.:rockwoot:

BBQ GURU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    North Side of Indy
    22 magnum is not as cheap as 22LR, but for my money it's a lot more fun. You can always find a Ruger Single Six with interchangeable cylinders (22 mag/22LR). But if you could find a Keltec PMR-30, or AMT 22 Automag, damn, that's even better!

Unfortunately Keltec's are in short supply, and the AMT Automag has to be bought used. Single Six or equivalent is readily available, I'm sure.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    22 magnum is not as cheap as 22LR, but for my money it's a lot more fun. You can always find a Ruger Single Six with interchangeable cylinders (22 mag/22LR). But if you could find a Keltec PMR-30, or AMT 22 Automag, damn, that's even better!

Unfortunately Keltec's are in short supply, and the AMT Automag has to be bought used. Single Six or equivalent is readily available, I'm sure.

The selections in bold do not belong in the same sentence. The PMR is on its 5th recall and Kel Tec has ceased shipment for the time being. Stick with a Single Six or other revolver if you want a fun and reliable 22 mag plinker.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    ATI GSG-5... it's probably the funnest gun I own. Cheap to shoot, 22 round magazine, tons of accessories like a dual mag clamp, which gives you 44 shots. You can pick it up for about $389 which would give you plenty of money left over even after buying ammo. =)

GSG-5-1.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Garand from the CMP! I think a field grade will run you about $450ish and a service grade is $625ish (I haven't looked in awhile). With your $700 you should be able to order a field grade and a can of ammo with money left over.

BBQ GURU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    North Side of Indy
    The selections in bold do not belong in the same sentence. The PMR is on its 5th recall and Kel Tec has ceased shipment for the time being. Stick with a Single Six or other revolver if you want a fun and reliable 22 mag plinker.

Wasn't aware there were issues with the Keltec PMR -- have read several glowing reviews on INGO in recent months.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I just bought one of these at the 1500:

images

I dressed it up to this:

IMG_5681.jpg

And I was still on the low end of your price range. This thing is gonna make for lots of fun weekends without going broke on ammo. Ruger SR-22R FTW!

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    ATI GSG-5... it's probably the funnest gun I own. Cheap to shoot, 22 round magazine, tons of accessories like a dual mag clamp, which gives you 44 shots. You can pick it up for about $389 which would give you plenty of money left over even after buying ammo. =)

GSG-5-1.jpg

weird dude, i just got back from midwest and was fondling it lol, they wanted $489 though, kinda pricey, usually they are the cheapest place around. It had a fake can on the barrel though

slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    My vote is for the S&W M&P 15-22. Literally a blast to shoot. Under $20 for 550 rounds is what I call FUN!!! I will be adding a S&W M&P 15-22 Pistol to the family soon, just put one on layaway! HOORAH!!

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    weird dude, i just got back from midwest and was fondling it lol, they wanted $489 though, kinda pricey, usually they are the cheapest place around. It had a fake can on the barrel though

Wow! That's really pricey! You can go to Dunhams and get one for $389, and yeah, they all have the fake suppressor on them. It actually covers the barrel.

They are a lot of fun. I bought the tri-rail handguard, foregrip, dual mag clamp, extendable buttstock, and a buffer for the charging handle tube. Shoot it all day for $20... only problem i've had with it is one of the mags got gummed up and I had to buy new ones, but that wasn't until after I put well over 3,000 rounds through it.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Id have to go with a GSG5, I love mine, the GF loves to shoot it also. Plus they are in your price range, and you can afford to shoot it more than once a month, And they look cool!

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'd highly recommend the Taurus 444 Raging Bull--44 magnum with a ported barrel... Absolutely NO wrist snapping going on, and incredibly fun to shoot!! It's not cheap to feed unless you reload your ammo, but it is a LOT of bang for your buck!

Top Bottom