• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I noticed the slow roll lol. I hope to save him some monies and stress. I like the sa so much i have a trp on the way lol. The colt made me turn and run, very nearly cemented me against the 1911 completely.

I see you just brought one home from AllenM's shop. He has 1 of mine right now. We started the roll mark removal a couple of years ago...:)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It is a whole new world. I am an incurable addict.
    If your guy is sharp you will love the results. And if so this will not be the last one.

I've never felt an attachment to one until i held that recent 10mm allenm build. What a nice pistol... one day

I see you just brought one home from AllenM's shop. He has 1 of mine right now. We started the roll mark removal a couple of years ago...:)

I've been toying with the idea for a while, that video he posted doing it locked me in. My ro is a game pistol, so we can have fun with the coating once the cheese gets grated off. I'm on my 3rd Allenm custom at this point. I still have a dent in my car that i should probably get checked out, but i always forget at checking out the back room of the body shop lol.

Yeah I've been looking for a 1911.

Don't let my suggestion ruin it for you. I only look to help. Colt suckered me in with their name, and they are capitalizing on an outdated reputation for quality at the cost of the consumer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've never felt an attachment to one until i held that recent 10mm allenm build. What a nice pistol... one day
    He is a serious enabler. This is my last AllenM custom. I am sure there will be more.
    iSTP3Hl.jpg

yuFEW8F.jpg

I've been toying with the idea for a while, that video he posted doing it locked me in. My ro is a game pistol, so we can have fun with the coating once the cheese gets grated off. I'm on my 3rd Allenm custom at this point. I still have a dent in my car that i should probably get checked out, but i always forget at checking out the back room of the body shop lol.

That is mine. It started out much simpler. But like I said, he is an enabler.....:):

OP.....welcome to the madness.....:):

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    This thread is going to be great to watch. OP you are going to enjoy this I am sure having your hands in it will be a experience that most of us wako 1911 fans would enjoy. Keep us posted.
    CM and Ggreen are both into this up to there shoulders. As I said this is going to be fun to watch these enablers helping :rockwoot:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I talked to my brother-in-law. He is partial to Colts. And the old Kimbers. Not a fan of stainless unless it's needed. He said the Competition 70 series A1 would work. My thoughts were the slide is already machined for the Novak sights so it won't need reblued. Pluses are the ejection port is already done and it has the match barrel. We'll get all the parts from Brownells. The hammer will be lighter to improve the trigger, and a longer spur will give it consistent pull eliminating the dead spot. They'll have new triggers. Recoil spring will be 1/2 lb heavier. He'll hand fit all the parts and we'll final fit them to the guns. Pins will be oversized to take up slop. My wife wants to order the guns after Christmas. Internal parts will be another grand for two guns. I'll be ordering two Colt 01970CCS 1911 competition 70 series 45 5" blue with two 8 round mags. They have the blue G10 grips. We'll keep the frame, slide, and barrel. Everything else will be new and hand fitted. If I'm lucky I may find consecutive serial numbers. So after Christmas the fun starts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I talked to my brother-in-law. He is partial to Colts. And the old Kimbers. Not a fan of stainless unless it's needed. He said the Competition 70 series A1 would work. My thoughts were the slide is already machined for the Novak sights so it won't need reblued. Pluses are the ejection port is already done and it has the match barrel. We'll get all the parts from Brownells. The hammer will be lighter to improve the trigger, and a longer spur will give it consistent pull eliminating the dead spot. They'll have new triggers. Recoil spring will be 1/2 lb heavier. He'll hand fit all the parts and we'll final fit them to the guns. Pins will be oversized to take up slop. My wife wants to order the guns after Christmas. Internal parts will be another grand for two guns. I'll be ordering two Colt 01970CCS 1911 competition 70 series 45 5" blue with two 8 round mags. They have the blue G10 grips. We'll keep the frame, slide, and barrel. Everything else will be new and hand fitted. If I'm lucky I may find consecutive serial numbers. So after Christmas the fun starts.

Uh.......a grand for the parts...??????
    HHhhmmmmmmmmm.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'm estimating. I'm ordering the parts. I'm assuming about 40 parts for 2 guns. He has all the parts on hand in case we'll need something and we'll keep on rolling. Everything will be forged except the extractor I think.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He was saying the MIM extractors would break. They fixed the problem. Not sure if we were going to keep the extractor. Too much information at once.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Man... It's your money and it doesn't effect me, but it hurts watching it happen to someone else. I really hope you get good ones. My recent colt was a rattle box. It would have needed extensive hand working to get the proper fit of the slide to the frame, and a new bushing fitted properly to the barrel. Match barrel is only as good as it's installation, and it was poor on mine. It was blued, but it wasn't like the bluing was spectacular nor was it that deep bluing you see on old wingmasters. I think a lot of guys, including myself, bought into their old reputation and rollmark only to be left bitter. I'll sit back and watch the builds and wish you the best, and leave it where it is. With the right amount of skill and work i'm sure they could be an ok pistol.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He'll give me a parts list after the guns arrive. Only brand he mentioned was Wolf springs. It's a no frills build to pass all his failure tests.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I keep :scratch: my head about the pins. The slide lock pin I can see as most colts fall short of locking up properly so a .203 pin is needed to get them to tighten up. Done this to many times.

Again not knocking the choice to go with the Colt and many many many fans of the marque here on Ingo. Waiting to see how all this turns out.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It will pretty much look like the stock gun in appearance, without the fiber optic front sight. It's an improved shooter/durability build. He's not a fan of the flared port because more room for dirt to come in. Mine will already have it though but I don't think I'll be reloading brass for self defense. Or 3 hole triggers for the same reason. Catches lint.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It will pretty much look like the stock gun in appearance, without the fiber optic front sight. It's an improved shooter/durability build. He's not a fan of the flared port because more room for dirt to come in. Mine will already have it though but I don't think I'll be reloading brass for self defense. Or 3 hole triggers for the same reason. Catches lint.

Uh..............OK.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Keep in mind he's military background so I think were making a trials gun that would never pass the bean counters. But any gunner would trust it.

Top Bottom