• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He says the weight savings of 3 holes in an aluminum trigger isn't that much but they're good lint catchers that can push lint in trigger.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    All my ports are dropped and flared. Most all my triggers are the ultra-lite pieces. Never worry about dirt or lint. This is my latest project and will go into the EDC rotation once I have it tuned.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/gunsmithing/461148-deleting-roll-marks-blending-comp.html
    Carry a 1911 daily. Sometimes 2 of them.
    This will be interesting and educational.

For both of us. Yeah I've been following Mr M's build. You have some nice guns. No flare to this one though. This will be an internal parts and fitment build.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Kind of like changing the cam in a truck. Then we have to change springs. And a vacuum canister so the breaks will work. And on it goes. It will look like the same truck. Just more fun to drive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For both of us. Yeah I've been following Mr M's build. You have some nice guns. No flare to this one though. This will be an internal parts and fitment build.

Oh I have a few of those. I just wanted to close out 2018 with a Bang. Yeah I said that...:):

I have no doubt you will love the end results.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Man... It's your money and it doesn't effect me, but it hurts watching it happen to someone else. I really hope you get good ones. My recent colt was a rattle box. It would have needed extensive hand working to get the proper fit of the slide to the frame, and a new bushing fitted properly to the barrel. Match barrel is only as good as it's installation, and it was poor on mine. It was blued, but it wasn't like the bluing was spectacular nor was it that deep bluing you see on old wingmasters. I think a lot of guys, including myself, bought into their old reputation and rollmark only to be left bitter. I'll sit back and watch the builds and wish you the best, and leave it where it is. With the right amount of skill and work i'm sure they could be an ok pistol.

He won't let me leave with a sloppy gun. All the parts will be replaced and fitted. I'll get a good education and we'll build a couple of custom handguns. He said we'll go through all the failure drills. It's a good family project. I'll even bring some bacon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He won't let me leave with a sloppy gun. All the parts will be replaced and fitted. I'll get a good education and we'll build a couple of custom handguns. He said we'll go through all the failure drills. It's a good family project. I'll even bring some bacon.

Bacon for the win.
    Pics. There will have to be pics.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Instead of buying the whole pistol and trashing the OE parts, you can order a slide and frame from Caspian and have it machined your way. I would suggest a Bar-Sto barrel too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I appreciate your restraint lol ...if you can't say anything nice blah blah blah :cool:

I have had some very nice Colts. Last pair bought the same day in the mid 80's. Identical to yours. I gave the Officers model to my son for Christmas that year and I carried the full size for a several years. Verne Tresser did the tiggers on both. His shop was next door to the LGS I bought them at. Those were the last 2 decent Colts I owned. The later made ones Sucked Butt. Probably 4 since then and none made the cut.

Kind of wish I had those 2 back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Damm I'll bet they were hot rods.
    My OACP is 1993 and the Gov't is a 1995 (I got here from original owner...it was stock...I've been tinkering a bit though)

Sorry.....memory fart....I got them mid 90's so they were very similar to yours.

Had to sell off a lot of toys when hard times came to visit. The Colts were in that sell off.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Part of the short-lived "Enhanced" line of the early 90's...from what i read and hear (lgs counters and gun shows) seems to be a very polarizing era for these.

Top Bottom