• ...and so much more!
  • dan1001s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Great discussion

I own an FX9 and Remington 870. I’m new to both weapons so as i get ready to go to the range i gotta say thanks so much for this awesome discussion on pros and cons of each weapon. Im a new member and already learning so much thanks to experience and skill of members. Grateful to be involved.

Shotguns in the home should be loaded with buckshot. #1 or 00 is best. Yes it penetrates barriers. But if something won’t penetrate a wall it also won’t penetrate whatever else needs penetrated. I could also make the case for using #4 buckshot which won’t penetrate walls as badly but you also give something up. Remember a person is responsible for every pellet so gun, shell combination and testing the patterns is critical.

I use less expensive birdshot for practice. And reduce recoil 00 for home defense. They feel similar in recoil. birdshot is absolutely not for any type of personal protection.

Shotguns with proper ammo ends fights. Period. If I were to trust people like Tom Givens, shotgun fights don’t last long.

If not popping through walls is a concern I would go with something like 55 grain Federal TRU. Yeah it sucks getting into the meaty bits of bad guys but it also doesn’t over penetrate walls. Plus it is pretty cheap if you buy it by the case.

Top Bottom