• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    yeah. I am curious how they will "notify" owners of bump stocks though. Its not like anyone filled out any paperwork when buying one, at least that I'm aware of.

That's kinda what the publication is intended to do - put people on notice.

They will likely have a voluntary "turn it in now" period of time. They may also buy them back, but that'll get real expensive real quick. Plus, the industry - and owners - will probably file a lawsuit to prevent enforcement. The whole thing will be frozen until that gets resolved.

Which will be "perfect" timing for the next presidential election.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land

They will likely have a voluntary "turn it in now" period of time. They may also buy them back, but that'll get real expensive real quick. Plus, the industry - and owners - will probably file a lawsuit to prevent enforcement. The whole thing will be frozen until that gets resolved.

yep

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Too bad it won't make any difference. This issue is something only people like me and maybe a plurality on INGO care about. In campaign mode, I could even see Trump touting it as a positive of his administration.

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So they hide it in a closet? What's the point if you can't use it? Might as well have a brick of cocaine in your house. The prison sentence would be similar.

Not turning them in isn't non-compliance, taking it out and using it would be non-compliance.

April 19, 1775

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So... the ATF final rule is set to be published in December, making the ban "law."

I have an extreme aversion to the NRA as an entity, so I may have missed their table-banging over this power grab. Can someone direct me to it?

They've taken a strong position against this ban, haven't they?

They can't possibly still be supporting it, can they?

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    Didn’t they bury their cannons till it was time to use them?

When is it time to use them? How long will it take for confiscation to happen? You think it will be door to door? If that's what you're waiting for you'll be disappointed. Confiscation is already in full swing in various forms. Yet nobody has come to the aid of a gun owner during confiscation. Basically, nobody is going to do anything other than hand them in or hide them deep in a closet amd pray they never get caught. Then, when you die your pathetic zoomer children will either throw it away or call the authorities to collect it. What a legacy.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    So... the ATF final rule is set to be published in December, making the ban "law."

I have an extreme aversion to the NRA as an entity, so I may have missed their table-banging over this power grab. Can someone direct me to it?

They've taken a strong position against this ban, haven't they?

They can't possibly still be supporting it, can they?

Copied from post #2. Applies to your questions as well.

you are so silly...look at you.

Just ask many of the wise and all knowing NRA supporters here on INGO.

This cannot happen you know. Unpossible it is! The NRA has it all under control. They got our back. They are playing 3D chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

And even though the NRA still has a statement to this very day on their website that "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations", nothing bad will happen. But I guess when you are playing 3D chess, that makes it opposite day. So to stop gun control, you need to support gun control. Right???

Link to the quote below, please reference the 7th sentence in the paragraph.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

I would like to know how that 3D chess is working for them. Seems to me they were honest about their intentions and we will soon see the results of those intentions.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Copied from post #2. Applies to your questions as well.

you are so silly...look at you.

Just ask many of the wise and all knowing NRA supporters here on INGO.

This cannot happen you know. Unpossible it is! The NRA has it all under control. They got our back. They are playing 3D chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

And even though the NRA still has a statement to this very day on their website that "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations", nothing bad will happen. But I guess when you are playing 3D chess, that makes it opposite day. So to stop gun control, you need to support gun control. Right???

Link to the quote below, please reference the 7th sentence in the paragraph.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

I would like to know how that 3D chess is working for them. Seems to me they were honest about their intentions and we will soon see the results of those intentions.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Wait.

Are you saying that the NRA/ILA hasn't said or done anything about this near-final federal restriction on a major firearms accessory?

I mean, I always thought my issue with them being a paper tiger that exists solely to make money for the cool kids was a quixotic exercise in futility. Now... well now... it almost seems like I may've been right all along!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    When is it time to use them? How long will it take for confiscation to happen? You think it will be door to door? If that's what you're waiting for you'll be disappointed. Confiscation is already in full swing in various forms. Yet nobody has come to the aid of a gun owner during confiscation. Basically, nobody is going to do anything other than hand them in or hide them deep in a closet amd pray they never get caught. Then, when you die your pathetic zoomer children will either throw it away or call the authorities to collect it. What a legacy.
    Tread lightly sir. Words have meaning and consequences.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Do words that have no clear meaning really have any consequences?

Zoomer children - because they... go fast?

Top Bottom