• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Why does the lethality of the virus have anything to do with how we attempt, as a population to keep infected numbers down?
    if I gave you a bowl of 100 skittles and 3 of those skittles are deadly, would you still eat some?

the idea that masks aren't perfect so I'm not going to do any seems irresponsible.
    construction workers wear helmets not because it GUARANTEES their skulls wont be crushed by falling items but because it at least gives them a chance. One more layer of safety.

Also worth noting, even if wearing the mask is just a “feel good in doing the right thing”, it puts forward a good image to the public.
    not unlike a gun in a nice holster and belts vs a glock shoved in a pocket.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Thank you for boycotting Menards, I was in there midweek after putting off a building material trip for 6 weeks wishing others had adopted your policy as I thought it was way too crowded for my comfort. My beef is with Subway demanding I wear shirt and shoes to get service.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I was at Indy South yesterday, no mask=no entry. I saw more than a few people remove their mask after entering the store. It was a zoo. You couldn't pay me to be there today or tomorrow.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Their business, their rules. They don’t let me bring in my dog either (Lowes does). Big deal.

Menards sells food, Lowes doesnt. Thats probably why. Its likely the same reason your local grocer says no to the puppers too; the health department.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Im sure I am going to regret this,
    but without anyone having a stroke can someone explain to me why one wouldn't wear a mask?
    Is their evidence suggesting a negative side to wearing a mask?

I wear a mask when its a health or safety hazard. Like when using a grinder.
    I have an immune system for a reason.
    If one was to wear a mask when out in public dont forget the rest of your PPE.
    And to those that wear it while out in public at least wear it with gloves and glasses and for christs sake wear it correctly while its on and more so when you're removing it...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Menards sells food, Lowes doesnt. Thats probably why. Its likely the same reason your local grocer says no to the puppers too; the health department.
    The Greenwood Menards says, "No Pets. Service Animals Welcome.", so it's not a total ban. I was just there a few days ago. I didn't notice the no masks, no entry sign, but I was wearing my bandana anyhow.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Their business, their rules. They don’t let me bring in my dog either (Lowes does). Big deal.

The Greenwood Menards says, "No Pets. Service Animals Welcome.", so it's not a total ban. I was just there a few days ago. I didn't notice the no masks, no entry sign, but I was wearing my bandana anyhow.

Even grocery stores allow service animals. Those are not part of this discussion. He is talking about his pet, not his service animal.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Im sure I am going to regret this,
    but without anyone having a stroke can someone explain to me why one wouldn't wear a mask?
    Is their evidence suggesting a negative side to wearing a mask?

If you're doing some strenuous lifting or work. You start breathing heavy and it restricts your oxygen intake.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    IMHO, most folks wearing masks are spreading more germs around than those who don't and are conscious of their actions.

Most people in masks are constantly messing with them. HAND TO FACE. Exactly what causes germs to spread.

What is touched with hands after touching face? Only everything! How is your mask gonna stop that?

8b08da3007e14ea68e790ee61770e6f3.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-04-23-at-3.49.43-PM-e1587675200446.png

nancy-pelosi-scarf-rt-jef-200421_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You know you can request assistance in Menards so you don’t have to perform strenuous lifting or work while shopping there, right?

Still restricting your oxygen intake throughout the day. Heck some people can't even walk down an aisle without sounding like they ran a marathon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Still restricting your oxygen intake throughout the day. Heck some people can't even walk down an aisle without sounding like they ran a marathon.

They do make me feel almost claustrophobic. I know the little cloth mask I'm wearing isn't restricting that much, so it's probably more psychological than anything, but I still don't like it. I wear it anyway though. I do know that they make me sweat. And then I worry that people will see me sweating and think I have a fever. :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Bwframe, fair point.
    just like any piece of equipment, improper use will lead to issues.
    their is a plethora of information on the internet about how use PPE properly.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't want to get sick. I don't want you do get sick. I wear my mask in public not because I think the mask will keep me or you safe, but as a symbol to those around me that I'm aware of their fears and wish them no harm...the mask is just there to show that I understand the risks you fear, and I am willing to take modest precautions to signal my cooperation.

its not a big enough deal for me to make a big deal of it. I'm not mad at you for deciding to boycott them, you do you.

And I think wearing a mask is an indication that I can be pushed into their bidding because CNN scared them. Going to give up your guns because CNN makes them scared of guns?

I am smart enough to know the difference between rain and someone pizzing down my leg, if it really was more than security theater there would be serious training on how to use them properly etc.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Built raised beds for my wife today. Would normally save a buck, and go to Menards. Instead, spent a buck and went to Lowes.

Their property, their rules. My money, my rules. Meh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom