• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lawyers and Insurance underwriters people. Nothing more to see here.

I too believe that most of this theater is caused by them. Maybe even the majority of the lockdown in more conservative states...

But it is a release we can vent it on INGO, get some fellow agreement and debate with others. Better than BS on TV...

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Im sorry, Im not tracking. Im sure this has to do with my comparison of mask wearing being good for public appearances like a nice holster and belt.
    elaborate?

Didn't actually read your comment so, No. Just curious as to what would actually happen if someone ignored the sign like they do the "No Guns" ? Would they be "Trespassed" since it's Not actually a law? The CC a mask was a joke but who's to say what/how is proper in wearing a mask? I see plenty of people who don't seem to know how proper PPE should be worn effectively. 30 people in line at Meier today (all bunched together) didn't seem like a good idea to me but, I'm not one to stand in food lines.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Son and I went to menards last weekend. I was dragging a 20’ trailer, and there was no where to park it, so I put it in the fire lane at the end of the building. Walked in the exit, picked up my stuff, and went to the lumber desk for the big stuff. People were staring at us and giving us dirty looks. I blew them kisses.
    No employees said anything, but one Good Samaritan customer approached us. “Why aren’t you wearing a mask?” Im just shopping today, not robbing the place. “What if you catch the the virus?” How would we catch it in here, all you sheep are wearing masks. Thanks for your concern. He walked away hurt, and not feeling so superior.

It was a pretty painless trip.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Son and I went to menards last weekend. I was dragging a 20’ trailer, and there was no where to park it, so I put it in the fire lane at the end of the building. Walked in the exit, picked up my stuff, and went to the lumber desk for the big stuff. People were staring at us and giving us dirty looks. I blew them kisses.
    No employees said anything, but one Good Samaritan customer approached us. “Why aren’t you wearing a mask?” Im just shopping today, not robbing the place. “What if you catch the the virus?” How would we catch it in here, all you sheep are wearing masks. Thanks for your concern. He walked away hurt, and not feeling so superior.

It was a pretty painless trip.

I would have paid to see that.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    What I don't understand is this: Menards has been open for business for the past six+ weeks when the state was on "lockdown". Masks were not required during that time. About two to three weeks ago, the natives started getting restless, and the weather got nice. I went in during a weekday, to the Carmel/Westfield store, to pick up some things for a job. The place was packed as if it were a summer weekend!

Now the Carmel/Westfield store has a rent-a-cop at the main entrance making sure everyone is wearing a mask.

Why the sudden urgency now?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What I don't understand is this: Menards has been open for business for the past six+ weeks when the state was on "lockdown". Masks were not required during that time. About two to three weeks ago, the natives started getting restless, and the weather got nice. I went in during a weekday, to the Carmel/Westfield store, to pick up some things for a job. The place was packed as if it were a summer weekend!

Now the Carmel/Westfield store has a rent-a-cop at the main entrance making sure everyone is wearing a mask.

Lawyers and Insurance under writers man. What else.

Or a female Exec that is related to the Mich. Gov.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We have been at two Lowes stores several times in the last couple of weeks and both today. Madison Av & County Line Rd and Beech Grove. My wife wears a mask, I do not. Neither store has a mask requirement. They are both completely sold out of the treated decking I need, though. I'd put on a mask for some 5/4x6x12' treated decking.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Exactly! This is what bothers me the most. If they had done this from the beginning, then fine. My local menards started this a week before the county they're in "opened" back up. Its nothing more than a feel good measure.
    I also believe that by doing this they're able to skirt the whole 50% capacity EO, And while they're at it make a buck or 2 off selling the :sheep: masks to gain entry

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lawyers and Insurance under writers man. What else.

Or a female Exec that is related to the Mich. Gov.

Interesting connection...

I knew they were big in Michigan. They may be trying to gain approval to keep on in the state of the dictator and doing so company wide...

As you say, follow the money...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm tempted to be a smart ass and put my bandana around my chin and if questioned state the sign doesn't specify how to wear.

hell, the employees dont wear them correctly, why should we? wear it under your chin. "I'm wearing a mask, see!"

If they give you any flak, wear it inappropriately with the top band running across your upper lip. I'm sure youll be allowed in. Reminds me of the time I mouthed off to my social studies teacher in HS. He took me out into the hall to talk to me and since I had bad body language he told me to stand at attention. SO I chose "at ease". He ignorantly said "that's better!" I laughed inside knowing he didnt realize I was mocking him and he though I was following his orders. LOL

And worst case, if that doesnt fly, be a Karen. Every time you find an employee wearing a mask improperly (I guarantee you'll find more than one) call a manager over and have them correct the employee. After all, cant have them doing the wrong thing if we cant.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    We have been at two Lowes stores several times in the last couple of weeks and both today. Madison Av & County Line Rd and Beech Grove. My wife wears a mask, I do not. Neither store has a mask requirement. They are both completely sold out of the treated decking I need, though. I'd put on a mask for some 5/4x6x12' treated decking.

Just a little FYI.....you can get thick deck from Menards same price as regular 5/4 at Lowes. But Mooresville Lowes does have 12 footers, according to inventory online.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's not the mask, it's the policies. They are health care theater and there is a good chance it won't end even after proven to have marginal effectiveness. Think extra security measures at airports and other venues.

Airports security is a HUGE expense, HUGE PITA, and chasing an ever moving target. In contrast, wearing a damn mask while in public.... come'on, let's not be panty-waist about this.

They are all feel good or CYA measures with little substance.

:orly:

Then WTF do they wear them in the hospital?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Airports security is a HUGE expense, HUGE PITA, and chasing an ever moving target. In contrast, wearing a damn mask while in public.... come'on, let's not be panty-waist about this.

Are you actually comparing professionals in a clinical environment using actual PPE to random untrained rednecks using every untested fabric under the sun? Please. These are idiots that make masks out of tee shirts and bandanas, and wear nitrile gloves all the way home. (or contaminate their steering wheel for a couple blocks before removing them and throwing them out the window)

until they train everyone and make them use actual certified PPE, this is just theater.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Because people now have masks, and they've seen them used for weeks, and things are starting to lift up, and don't nobody want to go back...

Two months ago, you couldn't make this rule - no one had a good supply of mask, and no one was wearing them.

It's not really "urgent", it's simply that now a good time for this. (in their opinion, of course)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Are you actually comparing professionals in a clinical environment using actual PPE to random untrained rednecks using every untested fabric under the sun? Please. These are idiots that make masks out of tee shirts and bandanas, and wear nitrile gloves all the way home. (or contaminate their steering wheel for a couple blocks before removing them and throwing them out the window)

until they train everyone and make them use actual certified PPE, this is just theater.

Yeah, people don't know how and the effectiveness is reduced...

Personally, I like to get some training.

PS - So when people make their own mask, they're "untrained rednecks", but when they comment on Facebook about how the media is ruining the economy, they insightful. Am I getting this right?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

They have protocols that are unachievable in the real world that is not a sterile environment, hence the derision to being ordered to wear them at a store...

We realists want the insanity to stop now...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We realists want the insanity to stop now...
    Remind me again who the realist are, and what the insanity is.

Really, I got no clue.

However, in this case, it seems that Menards is being the realist (i.e. there is a very aggressive flu going around), and the insanity is pretending all is normal and they are *******s for taking a simple measure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom