• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    The level of butthurts on the facemask requirement at businesses... even after all these posts and explanations, I don't see where the real outrage is. Wear a mask and go there or don't wear a mask and don't go there.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    IMHO, most folks wearing masks are spreading more germs around than those who don't and are conscious of their actions.

Most people in masks are constantly messing with them. HAND TO FACE. Exactly what causes germs to spread.

What is touched with hands after touching face? Only everything! How is your mask gonna stop that?

8b08da3007e14ea68e790ee61770e6f3.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-04-23-at-3.49.43-PM-e1587675200446.png

nancy-pelosi-scarf-rt-jef-200421_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

My employer is requiring all employees to wear masks while on the premises. I will do so, as a condition of employment. But I will not do it anywhere else where I have options available to me. Having said that, I did notice myself shifting the mask around ALL DAY LONG. Every few minutes, it felt like it needed adjustment.

The placebo effect of seeing everyone wear a mask must be very powerful.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I fear the masks are a political feel good thing.

The libs want us "haltered" all the way to November. And of course, we know whose fault this whole thing is, right?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The level of butthurts on the facemask requirement at businesses... even after all these posts and explanations, I don't see where the real outrage is. Wear a mask and go there or don't wear a mask and don't go there.

x3.

I'd rather wear a mask than have the store closed because the virus runs rampant because masks are uncool.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Another thought occurred to me the other day at work. It’s one thing when it’s 50-60F outside. Sucking in cool, dry air all day long is one thing. It will be interesting to see how gung-ho all the mask wearers are in a few weeks when you’re sucking in that 90F, 95% humid air through those things. I’m thinking the fad will fade pretty quickly then.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm tempted to be a smart ass and put my bandana around my chin and if questioned state the sign doesn't specify how to wear.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If the virus is gonna run rampant, it's just gonna.

Just watch any cash register operator at any store for 15 minutes. How many times do they touch their face? What do they touch after that? What about the bagger? What about the self checkout surfaces?

Walmarts are closing because the virus is running through the staff in some stores. But they gave the employees masks? :dunno:

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    Their house, their rules, I chose to go elsewhere and not concern myself with what Menards does. Personally I feel as though a majority of their products are inferior to Lowes or Home Depot anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im sure I am going to regret this,
    but without anyone having a stroke can someone explain to me why one wouldn't wear a mask?
    Is their evidence suggesting a negative side to wearing a mask?
    It's not the mask, it's the policies. They are health care theater and there is a good chance it won't end even after proven to have marginal effectiveness. Think extra security measures at airports and other venues. They are all feel good or CYA measures with little substance.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I'll be honest....I don't like none of the 3. I hardly ever go to Menards anyway, that place has been a pain in the ass for years, took away contractors yearly rebate, not worth the hassle after that. And I usually buy $100-200K a year from Lowes, but that has changed now as well. They no longer let me get bulk discount on my online orders, and it is not worth me wasting a couple of hours to go in and order....then wait to get loaded. I'll pay an extra $300-400 per house and just get what I need at 84 Lumber, Carter Lee and Reese Wholesale and if I need a cheap tool I will get it at Harbor Freight and if I want name brand, it is cheaper on Ebay or online somewhere anyway.

I think of a mask the same as I think of a fall rope on a roof. OSHA makes us rope off, and 9 out of 10 accidents are caused by the fall rope tripping guys. I see people in masks, and I agree.....I think they do more harm to everyone than if they just left it off. They cough in the mask then fidget with it.....then touch stuff on shelves, counters, cash register keys, gas pumps, door handles, money.

I seen a lady at the bank the other day. She got out of her car in drive thru in full mask, gloves and tyvek suit, she grabbed the canister and put her check or whatever in it...hit the send button, then the tube came back....she opened it and got her stuff out, put canister back then turned and opened her car door, got in the car and shut the door. Grabbed her seat belt and put the car in gear, grabbed the steering wheel and pulled up where she then decided to take off her mask, gloves and tyvek suit. Do you guys see anything wrong with this practice?

I think the only way you don't get this is keep your hands out of your mouth, wash often and sanitize. It is hard, I am a nail biter.....but I have gotten very good at trying to make sure I wash and sanitize before I bite. lmao

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I refuse to give businesses like that my money.

I'm also not giving Wal Mart any money either because they cancelled a family members TV order cause it was deemed non essential.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I seen a lady at the bank the other day. She got out of her car in drive thru in full mask, gloves and tyvek suit, she grabbed the canister and put her check or whatever in it...hit the send button, then the tube came back....she opened it and got her stuff out, put canister back then turned and opened her car door, got in the car and shut the door. Grabbed her seat belt and put the car in gear, grabbed the steering wheel and pulled up where she then decided to take off her mask, gloves and tyvek suit. Do you guys see anything wrong with this practice?

I think the only way you don't get this is keep your hands out of your mouth, wash often and sanitize. It is hard, I am a nail biter.....but I have gotten very good at trying to make sure I wash and sanitize before I bite. lmao

I have found the mental puzzle of trying not to shop, not touch stuff, clean stuff, get in the truck, get it in the house, etc. like an unsolvable problem, and I'm pretty good with logic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom