• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I'm thinking those officers who where talking trash had ideas of getting your into a confirtation and esculating things further.
    That is a load of crap , better take others advice and contact NRA and others for legal advice and follow through

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    If no one has said it yet, make sure to use the "Freedom of Information Act" and get a copy of the audio/video from the incident in question. Once that is done and you have listened/watched the replay, proceed accordingly. With your lawyer, if you can find fault in their "process", you'll have a case. You should also secure a copy of the departments GO's. That will determine if they sufficiently followed process. Good luck.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    If no one has said it yet, make sure to use the "Freedom of Information Act" and get a copy of the audio/video from the incident in question. Once that is done and you have listened/watched the replay, proceed accordingly. With your lawyer, if you can find fault in their "process", you'll have a case. You should also secure a copy of the departments GO's. That will determine if they sufficiently followed process. Good luck.
    FW has a history of classifying the dash cam footage as "investigatory" and don't have to release it as it is a legal exemption.

Several stories in the news about cam footage being denied.

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    most lawyers hate to fight city hall. It's a shame, but since you only got humiliated and not carted off to jail or beaten, you probably never will get anywhere sueing them.
    If you were a black, pregnant, lesbian with aids you could own the city over this through a discrimination suit.
    Sometimes it's hard being a regular guy that earns his way through life...
    Goodluck.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    So about 15 mins ago im walking into speedway on the corner of sherman and w state here in fort wayne IN. I come out and a man ask if that a real gun on my hio {i am open carrying} I said yes he said thats agains the law and i need to cover it up.....I said no i dont he says ok im calling the cops.......Police arive tell me to get face down on the ground i said ok I remained calm and cool Once they took my firearm i talk to them 2 officers were complete JACKASSES the other 2-3 were ok.........The 2 trashed talked me called me a idiot told me open carry is illeagle i told them no its not they argued with me calling me more names.......One officer was a really nice guy By the name of Steve Tagmeyer i believe....Well after all said and done The officer that was a jerk said he is goin to file this report with the ISP to get my permit taken away........Now isnt this a violation of my rights......BTW my wife is bawling right now ive tried to consoul her .....she isnt mad at me just scared.....So if someone could call and talk to me about them taking my license away that be great pm me for my number ive got a lot of questions......AND advise from LEs in here would be great.....Ill give you more info whe ya call

They walked all over your rights. You have a possible federal suit against the cops. They had no probable cause to detain you, intimidate you ad threaten you with lethal force. I'm surprised you're not in therapy. You have a possible suit against Speedway for false arrest and defamation. Do not ask the cops for advice - ever. They band together, dispense disinformation, and talking to them will do nothing good for you.

If the cops take action against your permit, 1) you'll win and 2) you have grounds for yet another suit against them. The cops really screwed up here and need to be thrown off the department.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    ..You have a possible federal suit against the cops...You have a possible suit against Speedway for false arrest and defamation...The cops really screwed up here and need to be thrown off the department.

I couldn't disagree more.

(1) The OP may have a Federal suit? Of course he may. This is America. Anybody can sue anybody, and often does. The question is how much money does the OP have in his bank account and how much of it does he want to gamble that a finding will go in his favor? I got a little money in the bank. It's not nearly enough to fund a Federal suit. I wouldn't gamble it on this one being a winner. I might prefer to feed my family, buy a new truck, or send my kids to college.

(2) Speedway doesn't arrest people. It sells gasoline, candy bars, cigarettes, and occasionally calls the police. Good luck with suing a gas station for false arrest. Police arrest people, not gas stations.

(3) I wouldn't bank on that defamation thing. You have to prove harm. Someone saying crappy things about you or even telling lies isn't defamation. Has people's altered perception about the OP's character had adverse affects on his life? He can't get a date anymore? His boss turned him down for a promotion? Small children cross the street when they see him coming up the sidewalk? Babies cry at the mere sight of him? His landlord evicted him for being an unstable safety risk?

Some of the off-handed advice given in this thread needs to be carefully evaluated by the OP. I've never seen so many people ready to spend someone else's money.

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not trying to be a jerk but thats one of the reasons why I don't open carry. Yes I enjoy the freedom to own and carry a pistol on me for protection but there is a limit to it. Times have change and peacocking a pistol around for others to see isn't smart.

Keep it concealed and have peace of mind.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Unless the bank is also a Federal Reserve, Joe. Just sayin'.
    The 'Federal Reserve' is a private central bank that is not government in any sense of the word. (no more than Federal Express or Federal ammunition).
    There is no government oversight to the Federal Reserve (even with the 'appointment' of the chair of federal reserve by acting Commando-in-chief)

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Clearly you've not been watching CSPAN much in the last year :n00b:

:rofl:

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

Okay, you got me there. Can I amend my post to read "Posters in this thread are so willing to spend other people's money they should run for Congress?" :dunno:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    The 'Federal Reserve' is a private central bank that is not government in any sense of the word. (no more than Federal Express or Federal ammunition).
    There is no government oversight to the Federal Reserve (even with the 'appointment' of the chair of federal reserve by acting Commando-in-chief)

The Federal Reserve is an agency of the government, created by congress. It is owned by the member banks. Don't carry a gun into any of the 12 regional Federal Reserve banks or their branches.

Top Bottom