• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    In my lottery-winnings dream house...

Like I said, a basement that's 2x as large as the house on top of it. The part that's not under the footprint of the house would be sectioned off with movable wall. That'd be the "man cave" portion of the house. And within this section I'd have the "safe room" - the room to retreat to during violent/tornadic storms. I'd have a way of emergency egress built in to this room so we could get out should the house collapse. May just be a manual hydraulic ram that would open a trap door.

another section of this basement portion would be the vault room. I'd definitely want to make this a secret entrance. It'd be large enough for storage of All The Things AND work space.

Then there would be the hidden tunnel to The Garage. Granted, there'd be a nice walkway/drive above ground to the garage, too. But how cool would the tunnel be?

In The Garage would for sure be a bathroom or two. Probably a full kitchen as well. This would be the Entertainment Space. Heated & cooled. There'd be room to park 6-8 vehicles on the ground. And there would be 6-8 vehicle storage lifts on each of those spaces in order to store another 6-8 vehicles in an elevated position to double storage space. There would also be a separate wash bay and a separate mechanic's bay. Not that I know how to work on cars - but I could learn. Or hire a mechanic.

Then there would be the smallish house for my mom & stepdad to live in. I'd buy out their businesses and let them retire. They could be my "caretakers" and lead a leisurely life instead of working themselves to the bone and, in HIS case, an inevitable early death. Granted, their house would be on the FAR side of the acreage...

I waffle on if I'd "set" my kids up. Way way way way too easy to ruin children by giving them everything. Maybe just hide the numbers from them until they're bequeathed something. They'd certainly know that mom & dad have $ - but not the extent.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'd do one of two things.
    A) buy a ton of land and build a country club style race track (like Autobahn or Putnam Park).
    b) Start a local credit union.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    SI'd pick a female and pay her fairly (we already know what you are, we're just negotiating your price), plus 401K or whatever, for what she did. It would be employment at will and if I got sick of her or just wanted to trade in the .44 for a couple of .22s, I could fire her, and she'd have no interest in the estate.

You sir, are a hopeless romantic.:laugh:

First off, 100 pairs of socks. I'm getting tired of wearing socks with holes in them.

Buy more gooder socks.:dunno:

SmartWool
    Darn Tough

My longest lived socks, though not my favorites to wear, are Cabela's Ultimax Performance Casual Socks. I got three pairs for Christmas 15 years ago.:yesway:

I have always thought my first move after winning the lottery would be to hire a lawyer. Then I'd hire a financial planner. Then I'd go to another town and hire another lawyer and financial planner to keep an eye on the first ones I hired.

But then I remember, I don't buy lottery tickets. Sooooo.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I've had the plans for an underground house ready for many years. A nice partially wooded south/southeast facing slope with a pond/lake at the bottom. Maples for syrup, fruit and nut trees, good muck soil for the garden, solar and wind power, maybe an old retired commercial gas well. Sandstone aquifer, since I'm tired of drinking iron, calcium and sulfur.
    A Hamilton 947 and a Waltham repeater.
    1959 Fleetwood convertible.
    Lots of time to do the Appalachian and Pacific Crest Trails.
    Maybe a cycle across the country eating well and staying in nice places.
    TRAVEL.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I would buy as much of the land surrounding our current property as I could....Then build our dream cabin using re purposed 19th century, collapsed Southern Indiana barns...I would give BBI a $100,000 gift certificate to Lansky Brothers of Memphis.....Get drunk at the Derby on Millionaires Row and yell insults to celebrities.....I would give a big chunk to the NRA, Autism Research, and start a campaign to raise Prostrate Cancer Awareness to the same level as Breast Cancer Awareness gets.....

I would build a working replica of George Rogers Clark's boat "The Willing" and have it travel up and down the river between Pittsburgh and Saint Louis visiting schools along the rivers so as to educate them as to the importance our region played in the revolutionary war...

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I would buy as much of the land surrounding our current property as I could....Then build our dream cabin using re purposed 19th century, collapsed Southern Indiana barns...I would give BBI a $100,000 gift certificate to Lansky Brothers of Memphis.....Get drunk at the Derby on Millionaires Row and yell insults to celebrities.....I would give a big chunk to the NRA, Autism Research, and start a campaign to raise Prostrate Cancer Awareness to the same level as Breast Cancer Awareness gets.....

I would build a working replica of George Rogers Clark's boat "The Willing" and have it travel up and down the river between Pittsburgh and Saint Louis visiting schools along the rivers so as to educate them as to the importance our region played in the revolutionary war...

But would you get a new breechcloth?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    But would you get a new breechcloth?

Oh yeah....

breechcloth-wool-linen-woodland_1_3a622ce2e7bd340eaa4f7bb35f411b62.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Grandpa always said, "If we ever win the lottery, well just farm 'til it's all gone. "

Or, if you want to see it disappear faster, start your own restaurant.:yesway:

Better yet, open your own hippie-dippie, farm to table restaurant.;)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Or, if you want to see it disappear faster, start your own restaurant.:yesway:

Better yet, open your own hippie-dippie, farm to table restaurant.;)

If you do that, make sure you announce to everyone that the animals were fed with non-GMO foods. Over and over. And over. And then repeat it again. And again. Just to make sure that they know that your animals were fed with non-GMO foods. And then, just to make really, really sure, repeat it again.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    If you do that, make sure you announce to everyone that the animals were fed with non-GMO foods. Over and over. And over. And then repeat it again. And again. Just to make sure that they know that your animals were fed with non-GMO foods. And then, just to make really, really sure, repeat it again.
    IME, non-gmo fed is usually just code for crappy marbling.

Top Bottom