• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Read an article this morning that said he was still employed and had codes/access key to get in.

Says when he opened the door, saw some girl he knew, and told her she needed to leave.

Then tried to shoot her in the back, but there wasn’t a round in the chamber and/or the safety was on.

He remedied that and then shot her in the back.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Idk, is it just me or does the family’s statement sound like it was coached in some way??

I don't know, sounds sincere to me. I mean, what else could you say? At least they didn't blame the gun. Lots of people have depression issues. If the family truly had no idea of the potential for violence, can you imagine the shock they're in right now? It's a parent's worst nightmare. Very sad.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Read an article this morning that said he was still employed and had codes/access key to get in.

Says when he opened the door, saw some girl he knew, and told her she needed to leave.

Then tried to shoot her in the back, but there wasn’t a round in the chamber and/or the safety was on.

Sounds like a real nice guy huh.
    Glad he got what he deserved. Sad others who were innocent got hurt and killed first

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

The info I heard the day of the shooting was he was not fired.... yet. He still had a job I presume for the rest of the month. He had been notified his position was being eliminated, presumably for him to be able to find a job in the meantime.

Jackwagons doing this are going to screw the rest of us over in more ways than one. No more "Mr. Nice Guy" where your boss takes pity and gives you a heads-up so you can land on your feet in a couple weeks. Nope. Cant take a chance. Wait until its time to fire them, then hire security if necessary.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Welp. Looks to me like another case on anti-depressants.
    Correlation does not imply causation although after so many examples it does make you wonder.

Could it be the drugs or the fact that it is easier for a doctor to write a prescription for mental illness than to take the time to properly counsel and treat the patient?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Correlation does not imply causation although after so many examples it does make you wonder.

Could it be the drugs or the fact that it is easier for a doctor to write a prescription for mental illness than to take the time to properly counsel and treat the patient?
    Many people have good results with them. For some people they don’t work. For others, Idunno. It’s not normal to want to kill yourself, and especially wanting to take innocent random people with you. Something caused that ideation.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Many people have good results with them. For some people they don’t work. For others, Idunno. It’s not normal to want to kill yourself, and especially wanting to take innocent random people with you.
    I think part of the problem is getting a script from your PCP. To address it correctly, because depression is a real thing, you need to see a doctor that specializes in mental health, we call those psychiatrists. They take the time to dive into you, your emotions and how you cope and help find you a long term solution. MAybe that involves meds maybe not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rare side effects of these drugs can cause thoughts of suicide. It says that in the commercials. Could rarer side effects cause thoughts of murder?

Is there anyone in a position to find out willing to find out? Doesn’t look like it to me. Looks more like people want to blame guns.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Rare side effects of these drugs can cause thoughts of suicide. It says that in the commercials. Could rarer side effects cause thoughts of murder?

Is there anyone in a position to find out willing to find out? Doesn’t look like it to me. Looks more like people want to blame guns.
    I can attest that some depression meds can cause the suicide or even just the "**** it, just let it in." I found one, after 4 or 5 days the thought was there, freaked me out and I stopped, called the psych I was seeing at taht time and she scheduled another appointment that week .

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    A big issue, IMO, is the stigma still. When I needed to change meds, I told friends and co-workers to let me know if I start acting odd or off. If I won't listen let my wife know. You can't tackle this alone, and you shouldn't have to. The more people watching out for one another the better we can get a handle on a LOT of different things.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The info I heard the day of the shooting was he was not fired.... yet. He still had a job I presume for the rest of the month. He had been notified his position was being eliminated, presumably for him to be able to find a job in the meantime.

Jackwagons doing this are going to screw the rest of us over in more ways than one. No more "Mr. Nice Guy" where your boss takes pity and gives you a heads-up so you can land on your feet in a couple weeks. Nope. Cant take a chance. Wait until its time to fire them, then hire security if necessary.
    Haven't seen anything confirming whether he was on the chopping block for individual performance reasons or just a general layoff. Not hard to believe he wasn't delivering at work, but I don't know.

So stupid. He's a finance bro in his 20s with an education and a good resume. In modern lawsuit culture, his company wasn't going to blackball him with other employers. He could have walked into another job. I see the dumbest freaking people turn up in job after job in supposedly small industries where everyone supposedly talks. He could have recovered easily.

But I guess people with common sense and perspective don't murder their coworkers and die in shootouts with the police.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, many people are 'brittle'.
    Before, people got fired, they got another job.
    But when someone's not really had anything 'bad' happened to them... it's a matter of perspective.

Also, people now seem to put more 'investment' into their job.
    Forgetting that it is just a 'job', not a lifestyle.
    Look at the tech people that are 'lost' because they spent their entire life at the job.

Top Bottom