• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Both of those were VERY reasonably priced, though.

True. I had to get some money back into the gun fun fund after the recent buying spree.....:)
    They made some people happy. I did not loose out monetarily just my time building them. The time to me was just practice and honing my skill sets.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Bump.

I have been looking in the classifieds for awhile now, and I'm surprised that there haven't been a lot of movement on AR15's. I remember back when all you saw was AR15's in the classifieds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bump.

I have been looking in the classifieds for awhile now, and I'm surprised that there haven't been a lot of movement on AR15's. I remember back when all you saw was AR15's in the classifieds.

Prices suck for what is in there.
    Not paying $650 for a $475 PSA
    $2500 for a bull barrel "Sniper" rifle. Nuts.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, I haven't seen anything very interesting in the classifieds for a while. Just a million ARs and a million Glocks. Boring. :)

Probably just as well for me as I shouldn't be spending more money on guns than I already am.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    People don't want it because it doesn't have an ejection port cover or forward assist now here in 29 palms a dust cover is essential especially in training but I have never, I repeat never used a forward assist the entire 4 years I spent active duty as a marine infantryman and if they want them so bad they can buy a lot for 18 on eBay
    Why are you trying to tell us (the potential buyers) what we want? If I don't want what your selling, the only thing that will prompt me to buy it is a low price.

to all those commenting thank you i agree its a sellers market and while i would like the money i dont NEED the money therefore i dont have an issue with waiting to sell, while some say it is wrong to place firm in the add i actually like when people tell me firm it helps me know where the buyer is at does he NEED to sell or is he just trying to make room in the safe. are they willing to negotiate or not and while i would entertain what admittedly is my opinion based off of what i know to be a decent offer(not 550) 600 yeah 550 no funny what 50 will do huh? i once had a deal that the buyer and i disagree with over $20 and the deal wouldnt go down it just happens that way sometimes...

Some punctuation (ignoring the improper ellipsis) would make this readable.

Fine, you like the word firm. If someone list 'firm' in there ad I take their word, I won't make a lower offer. However, almost always I'll move right past it.

Again, you come to INGO asking for a price check, we tell you it's too high. Don't argue with us, just accept it as-is and just adapt (includes continuing to troll).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Prices suck for what is in there.
    Not paying $650 for a $475 PSA
    $2500 for a bull barrel "Sniper" rifle. Nuts.

I just helped one of our guys out who was looking to buy his own patrol rifle. Someone had put DPMS in his ear and he asked me about it. I told him I was no expert but I figured he could put together an equal or better PSA for less money. We got him set up with a nice M4 clone set up like he was used to (reservist and recently deployed) for $502 OTD.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    If you post something and it won't sell in a week, it was posted too high.

OTOH, if it sells in 10 minutes with four people in line for "seconds," you posted it too low.

I saw an AK go for $350 once when any beater WASR was bringing $700, and there were even guys posting on the thread, "Hey you should have listed it higher." So at least INGOers aren't totally without a heart! ;)

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I am late to this party but just an observation on trying to sell stuff in Indiana. If you really want to sell something people will jump allover it if they think they are stealing it from you, if you have a down on your luck "my wife is leaving me, my kid is sick, I am going bankrupt" you will have all kinds of people making offers. JMHO from moving back to this state about 20 years ago.

Good luck, if you don't have to sell it just hold on to it and the right person will come by and buy it.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

This is more of a comment/question, but as I have observed AR buyers are really, really into customizing.

Ya'll want this upper, that lower, and this here special grip! It isn't like buying a standard issue Walther PPK. There isn't so much versatility there.

Could that be part of the problem as well? That the AR guys are really wanting something just for them (and the AR is great for that!)

The only AR I have is a CR-15 that is as close as I could come to a Vietnam era M16. I purchased this to add to my American military rifles collection. Admittedly I am the odd duck this way. The few times I have read the AR threads on here or been in a LGS listening to others chat about ARs it always seems to come down to a parts discussion rather than a "whole weapon" discussion.

The point I am wondering about is that if the OPs rifle isn't exactly what someone else wants, why bother? They want their AR their way, and won't buy someone else's AR.

Just curiosity on my behalf more than anything else.

Regards,

Doug

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I don't care if people say "firm" or not. You may be firm today but decide you really want to move it tomorrow. I offered a guy $90 standing offer on a barrel he said he wouldn't come down from $110 on. It didn't sell at that price, here or on gunbroker, but its up to him if he wants to remain firm and not sell it or decide to compromise and sell it. He won't sell it to me, I found the same barrel for the $90 I offered and already made the purchase from someone else, but if I hadn't and he changed his mind we could have worked a deal. If I never sent him the offer because he said he wouldn't come down, 0% chance at that point.

Yep and I sold it for $115 plus $5 shipping on GB. My price was more than fair and I got it.Sig P229 40 OEM barrel 229 : Pistol Barrels at GunBroker.com

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yep and I sold it for $115 plus $5 shipping on GB. My price was more than fair and I got it.Sig P229 40 OEM barrel 229 : Pistol Barrels at GunBroker.com

Excellent! Sometimes its a balance of how quickly you want to sell it vs the price you want. He who cares least wins, so to speak. I knew I could get one at $90, and I did. You knew you could get $120 for yours and you did. Just not from each other. My point remains that if you don't make offers you have 0% chance of working a deal.

If someone wanted to, you could make a little side money flipping barrels from gunbroker to ebay. I watched a few go for around $140 there.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    To All,

This is more of a comment/question, but as I have observed AR buyers are really, really into customizing.

Ya'll want this upper, that lower, and this here special grip! It isn't like buying a standard issue Walther PPK. There isn't so much versatility there.

Could that be part of the problem as well? That the AR guys are really wanting something just for them (and the AR is great for that!)

The only AR I have is a CR-15 that is as close as I could come to a Vietnam era M16. I purchased this to add to my American military rifles collection. Admittedly I am the odd duck this way. The few times I have read the AR threads on here or been in a LGS listening to others chat about ARs it always seems to come down to a parts discussion rather than a "whole weapon" discussion.

The point I am wondering about is that if the OPs rifle isn't exactly what someone else wants, why bother? They want their AR their way, and won't buy someone else's AR.

Just curiosity on my behalf more than anything else.

Regards,

Doug

That is pretty accurate. It's the same in the motorcycle market. Just because you dropped an extra $3k in blinging out your Harley with chrome, that doesn't mean your bike is now worth $3k more than book value to someone else. Often, you are better off parting out your hyper customized AR (or bike for that matter). You have a better chance of recouping your money that way.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Excellent! Sometimes its a balance of how quickly you want to sell it vs the price you want. He who cares least wins, so to speak. I knew I could get one at $90, and I did. You knew you could get $120 for yours and you did. Just not from each other. My point remains that if you don't make offers you have 0% chance of working a deal.

If someone wanted to, you could make a little side money flipping barrels from gunbroker to ebay. I watched a few go for around $140 there.

Gotcha. I just got done selling an AR I had listed for $825. I had more into it than that(+$1000) and was pretty firm on my price. The guy offered me $800 and I accepted the offer merely after we discussed guns for a good half-hour. I knew he would enjoy it more then I. If $25 was going to make me or break me, then I probably should re-evaluate my life over a mere $25. :)

Top Bottom