• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    That is what was going through my mind the moment they said that my hearing had already been wiped from the day's schedule.

And no way am I wading through the ISP's voice-mail-Hell to confirm something that's already been confirmed through my attorney. It was the ISP's responsibility to affirmatively change the hearing date/time with my attorney well in advance. They didn't just drop that ball, they dropped it down a well.

Expect further shenanigans, especially if they think they will lose the the hearing. Long road ahead. If they have any shred of evidence to hang you with, they will and make you get it overturned on appeal, costing thousands more.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I called my attorney's office at 9:58 AM just before heading out. He was just heading out as well, we were both at IGC North at the same time at 11:30 AM for a 12:15 PM hearing. If the ISP was to wait until the last minute to make such a notification, they cut it impermissibly short. After being notified in the hearing room, he called his secretary, they STILL hadn't notified her. I have every confidence that had he called to confirm at 10, they would have assured us it was on, the cancellation having happened while we were on the road.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Expect further shenanigans, especially if they think they will lose the the hearing. Long road ahead. If they have any shred of evidence to hang you with, they will and make you get it overturned on appeal, costing thousands more.

I suppose you have something to back your paragraph up with? I would be curious to hear.

Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    3rdmli.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Having been embroiled in the system I see this as standard treatment. Their ball, court referees and game. Hang tough and push your attorney to get into the fight. If they push and you allow it, well, expect to be pushed a lot. Just saying.

I won my ordeals (multiple)

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I suppose you have something to back your paragraph up with? I would be curious to hear.

I was a witness in 2 cases. One was a case of poor judgement but no illegality. 2nd case was a total police fubar. Cop tells my buddy and I Quote- "I'm going to do whatever it takes to get your permit pulled." He did. I witnessed the whole incident. The police report cited alcohol BAC content, the person carrying a weapon when it was in the car and death threats that never happened. I testified that none had occurred, nor had a breath test been given. The police allowed my friend to drive away! The police officer refused to appear in the process and my friend had his permit pulled and it took 6 months and an appeal to get it back. They allowed the police report as evidence to his guilt.

The 1st case was a setup by the guys ex wife. She asked him to drop the gun he bought her off at her house because she was getting crank calls and such. He shows up and another guy is there. The other guy calls the cops and says the ex is there with a gun. I was with him when he got the call from her. I heard his side of it and she begged him to loan the gun to her. It was a total BS setup. Prosecutor refused to press charges and he was never charged with a crime. Police officer quit shorty after this incident.

His was also taken and it took 8 months for him to get a hearing because the case was flimsy and the wife wouldn't show nor the cop. Same deal, police report was used to pull his permit and it took him 5 years to be able to reapply and afford the appeal process.

They are there to pull your permit for any reason, they have no interest in justice or truth. One case had 4 continuances.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I was a witness in 2 cases. One was a case of poor judgement but no illegality. 2nd case was a total police fubar. Cop tells my buddy and I Quote- "I'm going to do whatever it takes to get your permit pulled." He did. I witnessed the whole incident. The police report cited alcohol BAC content, the person carrying a weapon when it was in the car and death threats that never happened. I testified that none had occurred, nor had a breath test been given. The police allowed my friend to drive away! The police officer refused to appear in the process and my friend had his permit pulled and it took 6 months and an appeal to get it back. They allowed the police report as evidence to his guilt.

The 1st case was a setup by the guys ex wife. She asked him to drop the gun he bought her off at her house because she was getting crank calls and such. He shows up and another guy is there. The other guy calls the cops and says the ex is there with a gun. I was with him when he got the call from her. I heard his side of it and she begged him to loan the gun to her. It was a total BS setup. Prosecutor refused to press charges and he was never charged with a crime. Police officer quit shorty after this incident.

His was also taken and it took 8 months for him to get a hearing because the case was flimsy and the wife wouldn't show nor the cop. Same deal, police report was used to pull his permit and it took him 5 years to be able to reapply and afford the appeal process.

They are there to pull your permit for any reason, they have no interest in justice or truth. One case had 4 continuances.

I have submitted more than a few incident reports to ISP licensing board for LTCH revocation. I have never had one sent in which the person didn't deserve having their LTCH pulled. All involved crimes, illegal use of firearms or just plain stupidity, very poor judgement. As far as I know I was successful in only one. I have been to one hearing and it seemed very slanted towards the accused.

Before everyone blows a gasket I am 100% in favor of any proper person owning and carrying any firearm they want. Heck I think any proper person should be able to walk in any gun store and walk out with a select fire weapon. But I am also in favor of dealing harshly with anyone that involves themselves in misconduct with a firearm. And you can believe me when I say it there are ALOT of people that does very stupid things with guns. There are many more that do not. But for the ones that do, I will do everything with in my legal power to make sure they don't do it again. Believe it or not that protects all of us legal gunowners. These very people that do stupid stuff with firearms are the very one's that make us look bad...all of us.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will not delve deeply into why I was involved with the system but will say that is slanted and not in a good way. It is like that for a reason. My advice is try not to get involved with the system. It sucks from start to finish. All they want is your money and time. It is set up to drain you of money, energy and resistance. Everyone gets a chunk of your A$$ as you move through the hurdles and pot holes that are put in your way on purpose.
    Us your head, stay out of the system.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    j706;3795145[U said:
    ]I have submitted more than a few incident reports to ISP licensing board for LTCH revocation.[/U] I have never had one sent in which the person didn't deserve having their LTCH pulled. All involved crimes, illegal use of firearms or just plain stupidity, very poor judgement. As far as I know I was successful in only one. I have been to one hearing and it seemed very slanted towards the accused.

Before everyone blows a gasket I am 100% in favor of any proper person owning and carrying any firearm they want. Heck I think any proper person should be able to walk in any gun store and walk out with a select fire weapon. But I am also in favor of dealing harshly with anyone that involves themselves in misconduct with a firearm. And you can believe me when I say it there are ALOT of people that does very stupid things with guns. There are many more that do not. But for the ones that do, I will do everything with in my legal power to make sure they don't do it again. Believe it or not that protects all of us legal gunowners. These very people that do stupid stuff with firearms are the very one's that make us look bad...all of us.
    Were those person in question arrested? If not, what was your reasoning for them having their LTCH revoked?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Were those person in question arrested? If not, what was your reasoning for them having their LTCH revoked?

All were arrested. Some outrighted and some information and summons. But all of them for doing really stupid things concerning firearms.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have submitted more than a few incident reports to ISP licensing board for LTCH revocation. I have never had one sent in which the person didn't deserve having their LTCH pulled. All involved crimes, illegal use of firearms or just plain stupidity, very poor judgement. As far as I know I was successful in only one. I have been to one hearing and it seemed very slanted towards the accused.

Nobody wants to see anyone out there who shouldn't be. My issue is with the process.

All were arrested. Some outrighted and some information and summons. But all of them for doing really stupid things concerning firearms.

That was another issue, neither friend was arrested at the scene or charged. Ever. In fact, his attorney received 3 different police reports with 3 different charges trying to get the him charged with something.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I'll ask you again, what does revoking their pink permission slip actually accomplish?

They still possess their firearms, correct?

They are still capable of breaking the law, correct?

They are free to walk the streets, correct?

Breaking the law never stopped a person from being a criminal.
    :twocents:

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'll ask you again, what does revoking their pink permission slip actually accomplish?

They still possess their firearms, correct?

They are still capable of breaking the law, correct?

They are free to walk the streets, correct?

:twocents:

When they get caught it helps put them behind bars. While I wish we had constitutional carry here, if some of the posts on this forum don't convince you that there are some people who shouldn't carry a firearm, I don't know what will.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    When they get caught it helps put them behind bars. While I wish we had constitutional carry here, if some of the posts on this forum don't convince you that there are some people who shouldn't carry a firearm, I don't know what will.
    But who gets to make that determination of who does not have a right to defend themselves? You? Me? Big Brother?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom