• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I pledge to “unbiased” when reviewing products for free on the YouTube and “bias” if I am getting paid !

If any firearms people wanna negotiate this is the price scale!
    $5000- This is the best thing in the world John Browning couldn’t designed this musta been Tesla! I will explain why it’s better than your competition then have my “assistant” fire it in slow motion.
    $2500- Great product clearly a leader in the class. I will have my “assistant” hold it while I talk about it.
    $1000- I will explain the features and tell everyone its a good weapon.
    Note: You will need to provide ammo for my “testing”

If you want any of my “crew” to speak about your product it’s $250 per person, remember I know some people that have some local clout !

If anyone wants to “donate” to my start up You Tube channel I will be getting my crowd funding thing going soon.
    I have to get my “assistant” to explain why we need your money to start my business.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I prefer to avoid brand name emotional entanglements (either positive or negative). I'll use what meets my needs at a price point that I can afford and what other people like or don't like doesn't matter much unless I need to sell something.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Absolutely love my P320, both of them. Dropped one in the driveway and in the house and didn't discharge. I must be a lucky one. Maybe I'll try a P365 one day.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Not to speak for him but the only issue I believe he has is the fact they release product and use their customers basically as beta testers. This has been seen with several different guns over the years. The 365 some have referenced, the MPX, the 320, and others that have "new versions" or at least updates coming out quickly after the initial release to fix all the bugs they discovered via their customers. They then quietly fix thing and like there was never a problem as they don't acknowledge it. That could get you poked at as incompetent.

dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    I like his reviews. I think the shirt is funny. We bought my wife a Sig, because she really liked it. I see no problems here. I seem to remember a few years ago, he was giving bad reviews to the Kel Tec KSG I think it was. Everybody got all butt hurt claiming he was short shucking it to make it malfunction because he didnt like Kel-Tec. I like to see reviews before I make an investment, but in the end you have to be your own reviewer. Find out if it works for yourself.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    He has some good reviews, and I watch the ones that interest me, but I think he has a little bias against Sig. The one that made me scratch my head, was complaining about the piston driven MPX being to gassy when suppressed. I have gassy guns, and the MPX ain't one of them. To each their own, I like his videos

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I don't care how well you know him, and how "unbiased" you think his reviews are, it is inappropriate for an "unbiased" reviewer to wear that shirt, no matter what he thinks, even if it is based on lots of data.

You lose the unbiased label when you do that, especially if he is making money off of the shirts (someone alluded to that, not sure if that is true).

Yes, he is entitled to his opinion, I get all of that... Still, as a reviewer, you need to at least keep the impression of unbiasedness.

My 2 cents.
    Ya know, he’s not a reviewer, he himself says so. He’s a trigger puller.

he’s also the only guy doing gun videos on YouTube that posts the deals that manufacturers try to get him to take, even let it slip that Century tried to get one of the other reviewers to give them a good review in turn they’d give him 10 WASRs. Someone tried paying Tim like 15k to say he carried one of their guns as well. I’ll take a slightly biased “review” from a guy in a meme shirt over a paid for review in a gun magazine any day of the week.

considering how many Sigs he’s bought and shot over the past couple years I’d say he enjoys them, if they work. It’s a joke shirt, see the one a while back with the Sig, and a hammer that says “we did it the forst hammer fored striker gun” or something like that.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I'll stand up for mac. I enjoy his videos. I take them for what they are. Some guy on the internet that likes( or dislikes) guns. From the videos I've watch, he enjoys pulling triggers and standing up for what he believes. I'll trust him over most youtubers. That being said, I still love my sigs.youttube doesn't tell me what to like.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am sorry if it seems like I was bashing M.A.C., I am not, and I am sure he is a stand-up guy.

He can claim to be a "trigger-puller" and not a "reviewer", but that is just hair-splitting. He has a channel that he promote that reviews guns. That is a "reviewer" to me.

I am not saying he is biased necessarily, but as a "trigger-pulling reviewer" he does have some responsibility to at least pretend not to show bias!!! Hehe... :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I remember when he was a regular poster on here years ago, used to enjoy all his videos but these days it's hit or miss. Not sure what changed but something did for sure, I am sure he is a stand up guy in person!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am sorry if it seems like I was bashing M.A.C., I am not, and I am sure he is a stand-up guy.

He can claim to be a "trigger-puller" and not a "reviewer", but that is just hair-splitting. He has a channel that he promote that reviews guns. That is a "reviewer" to me.

I am not saying he is biased necessarily, but as a "trigger-pulling reviewer" he does have some responsibility to at least pretend not to show bias!!! Hehe... :)

Easier to just view all of the YouTube channels as entertainment and ignore their opinions or biases.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Man, there's a lot of people in this thread that seem to be wound a little too tightly! Not everything has to be serious all the time. There shouldn't be any sacred cows in the firearms business and when a company has as many hiccups as Sig has had lately with as little responsibility taken for it, then they deserve to have a little fun poked at them.

As for Tim, I don't get the impression he hates all Sigs, he just hates the ones that don't run as they should. With any firearm he tests, he is quick to point out the problems that it has and he is equally quick to point out when the company fixes the problems.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Man, there's a lot of people in this thread that seem to be wound a little too tightly! Not everything has to be serious all the time. There shouldn't be any sacred cows in the firearms business and when a company has as many hiccups as Sig has had lately with as little responsibility taken for it, then they deserve to have a little fun poked at them.

As for Tim, I don't get the impression he hates all Sigs, he just hates the ones that don't run as they should. With any firearm he tests, he is quick to point out the problems that it has and he is equally quick to point out when the company fixes the problems.

I don't think it is about being wound too tight, and nobody is ranting, we are just discussing. It is OK to offer opinions without ranting, and that does not mean "wound too tight" as far as I can see.

I am not saying he does not have a right to have his opinions based on his experiences, and during his reviews, he SHOULD bash a product if it deserves it based on his observations. I also think the shirt is funny, and taking ourselves too seriously is overtaking society. No problems there.

That part has never been in question in my mind. I have also never said he was biased, or have I been anywhere close to being upset or angry. Personally, I could care less what he does, or anyone on the internet for that matter. I watch some YT reviews, take away what I need, and make my own choices.

I am just saying that if he wants to maintain a reputation as a neutral reviewer, it would be best not to show any signs of bias. Just an opinion. Not fact.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't think it is about being wound too tight, and nobody is ranting, we are just discussing. It is OK to offer opinions without ranting, and that does not mean "wound too tight" as far as I can see.

I am not saying he does not have a right to have his opinions based on his experiences, and during his reviews, he SHOULD bash a product if it deserves it based on his observations. I also think the shirt is funny, and taking ourselves too seriously is overtaking society. No problems there.

That part has never been in question in my mind. I have also never said he was biased, or have I been anywhere close to being upset or angry. Personally, I could care less what he does, or anyone on the internet for that matter. I watch some YT reviews, take away what I need, and make my own choices.

I am just saying that if he wants to maintain a reputation as a neutral reviewer, it would be best not to show any signs of bias. Just an opinion. Not fact.
    I agree. I don't see anyone getting very upset in here. I don't really care one way or another. I think I may have watched one or two of his videos ever. Hickock is about the only guy I have watched more than a couple of their videos. I would rather read a review than watch one. The P365s and P320s are okay for what they are. For some reason, I have never carried either for any extended period of time. I guess i don't like striker fired pistols that much. I tried a VP9 and that just led me to the P30.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I agree. I don't see anyone getting very upset in here. I don't really care one way or another. I think I may have watched one or two of his videos ever. Hickock is about the only guy I have watched more than a couple of their videos. I would rather read a review than watch one. The P365s and P320s are okay for what they are. For some reason, I have never carried either for any extended period of time. I guess i don't like striker fired pistols that much. I tried a VP9 and that just led me to the P30.

Saying you read the reviews? Where do you find the material? Also do you find them unbiased? Or at least enough so to represent a product properly?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Saying you read the reviews? Where do you find the material? Also do you find them unbiased? Or at least enough so to represent a product properly?
    I just read the ones that come in the magazines that I get, which I know are bought and paid for in most cases, so I read them with that understanding. I also will read reviews from posters on some of the forums from people that I have gotten to know and decided they are worth hearing out.

Top Bottom